You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » "At start" resource spawn
Bottom
Topic Subject:"At start" resource spawn
SavageLords91
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-18 06:42 AM EDT (US)         
I need to know, right quick, how to change the amount of resources that are spawned in at the start of a game.

Please and thank you.
AuthorReplies:
onfiregun17
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-18 08:39 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Two methods come to mind:

1) Use the effect "Unit Create" to spawn more resource crates

2) Use the effect "Grant Resources" to give them resources directly
SavageLords91
Skirmisher
posted 10-31-18 08:25 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Hm, yea. That won't eliminate the resources the already get. Some of my maps are heavy in a certain resource and, therefore, I want to give each player less of that resource.
onfiregun17
Skirmisher
posted 10-31-18 03:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
You can use negative values with Grant Resources. So you could have a value of -5 to subtract say 5 food. Also, you could use a unit delete trigger to delete some starting crates.
SavageLords91
Skirmisher
posted 10-31-18 05:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
I tried the grant resources idea with a negative sign but it would not allow me to enter it; just the number.

The unit delete option I cannot find and the kill and destroy options don't give you a list option.
onfiregun17
Skirmisher
posted 11-01-18 01:55 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
I tried the grant resources idea with a negative sign but it would not allow me to enter it; just the number.
Common issue there, easiest solution is to copy/paste a negative sign.
The unit delete option I cannot find and the kill and destroy options don't give you a list option.
My bad, I meant that you should use the "Destroy Units In Area" effect. Just make sure you have a timer in place so it will destroy the units after they spawn. If you don't have the effect "Destroy Units in Area" then you can download it from my trigger pack.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames