Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.53 replies, Sticky
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Modding Section
Bottom
Topic Subject:Modding Section
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Argalius
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-06 08:13 AM EDT (US)         
I've opened the modding section to the public now. It's still not very big, but I hope it'll become in the future. And I hope we'll have more newcomers around here too.

Anyway, this topic is mostly meant that when you see an error or want something added in the section you can post it here. Thanks.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
AuthorReplies:
Argalius
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-07 07:59 AM EDT (US)     26 / 53       
Uploaded a new tutorial:

• Cultures by peugeot407 in the Beginner Section.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
ergeros
Skirmisher
posted 12-30-07 01:16 AM EDT (US)     27 / 53       
ok, i no this was probably covered somewhere, and i should have read it-- but when all is said and done with the coding, how do i get the mods to work, and one more thing, my flags never seem to work, can someone help, maby im just coding wrong?
alvaro_qc
Skirmisher
posted 12-30-07 01:21 AM EDT (US)     28 / 53       
, how do i get the mods to work
Yours or downloaded ones?
my flags never seem to work
Do they have the right size and you modded flagbuttonset.XML (Or something like that) which is in the Data Bars.

Alvaro_qc

██ Building texturer of Revolutions Any help is welcome, if you want to help go here.
██ Auxiliar of WOTTA
ergeros
Skirmisher
posted 12-30-07 02:13 AM EDT (US)     29 / 53       
sofar iv ony used my own mods, i used to get ones for my AoE2, but i had a freind who would work his magic with those, so i never did it myself. and with my flags, do they need to be contained on the old image and leave the exess alone?
ergeros
Skirmisher
posted 01-06-08 03:00 AM EDT (US)     30 / 53       
ok, new question... why wont my AoE3ED converter work on my altered proto.xml? it cant convert for some reason. i checked and it seems to be coded right. is this a common problem?
Linuchadnezzar
Skirmisher
posted 01-06-08 03:49 AM EDT (US)     31 / 53       
Weird. Anyway, you shouldn't post questions here I believe.
It's a bug in AoE3Ed if you can't convert it. You could rename any possible document to .xml and it should convert. But, you don't have to convert the proto.xml to proto.xml.xmb. the game reads .xml as well.

ḼĮЙЦḈԊДĐ₦ḜẔДЯ
Modding for: Knights and Barbarians

EMPIRES RISE AND FALL BUT HEROES LIVE FOREVER
ergeros
Skirmisher
posted 01-06-08 10:50 AM EDT (US)     32 / 53       
cool, thanks. in that case i should be finished with my mod shortley-a new civ with units- and if not here than where should i have asked this question?
Argalius
Skirmisher
posted 01-06-08 11:11 AM EDT (US)     33 / 53       
Just create a new topic.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
alvaro_qc
Skirmisher
posted 01-06-08 04:38 PM EDT (US)     34 / 53       
ok, new question... why wont my AoE3ED converter work on my altered proto.xml?
The most possible is that you saved it as proto.xml.txt

Alvaro_qc

██ Building texturer of Revolutions Any help is welcome, if you want to help go here.
██ Auxiliar of WOTTA

[This message has been edited by alvaro_qc (edited 01-06-2008 @ 06:53 PM).]

Linuchadnezzar
Skirmisher
posted 04-15-08 02:42 AM EDT (US)     35 / 53       
I know it's probably not the right place, but I read the 'Welcome, Newcomer' thread and it needs to be updated, especially concerning staff members.

ḼĮЙЦḈԊДĐ₦ḜẔДЯ
Modding for: Knights and Barbarians

EMPIRES RISE AND FALL BUT HEROES LIVE FOREVER
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 04-15-08 01:28 PM EDT (US)     36 / 53       
And about the point Lord Tahattus is trying to make for months: "Rather go working for an existing mod than start one of your own."

peugeot407

|> Robert Faber (aka peugeot407)
|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)
|> January 2008 Modding Contest: first place!

When in doubt, flat out! (Colin McRae)
Argalius
Skirmisher
posted 04-17-08 05:10 PM EDT (US)     37 / 53       
I can't edit it anymore since the thread is closed, one of the moderators should do it.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
YUDHVEER
Skirmisher
posted 07-30-08 04:09 AM EDT (US)     38 / 53       
Howsit guys. I'm not sure If this is the roght place to ask but im asking anyway. Does anybody know how to install more than one mod at the same times so that they can work 2getha? most mods replace the proty files so im not sure it having more than one mod is possible. Please help :-(
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 07-30-08 05:08 AM EDT (US)     39 / 53       
This definitely is not the place to ask it, so just open a new topic for it, please...

peugeot407

|> Robert Faber (aka peugeot407)
|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)
|> January 2008 Modding Contest: first place!

When in doubt, flat out! (Colin McRae)
Dedonus
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-08 10:27 PM EDT (US)     40 / 53       
First of all, I assume that the special abilities of the rice paddy cannot be given to other buildings. If it can, someone please tell me how. Also, is their an effect for a tech to reduce the cost of technologies(by a small percent)? Thanks

Senatus Populusque Romanus (SPQR) - The Senate and the Roman people
"Veni vidi vici"- Julius Caesar- I came, I saw, I conquered
"Ego vos hortor ut amicitiam omnibus rebus humanis anteponatis." - Cicero - I urge you to set friendship before all other human affairs.
TwentyLemon
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-08 10:59 PM EDT (US)     41 / 53       
Dedonus...

Bilbo recently proved a rice paddy/factory like building can be created.
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=14,36394,0,30

And... the tech that reduces tech costs? Should be easy. Here's the Comache Language trade tech, just stripped.
<Tech name ='NatTradeLanguage' type ='Normal'>
<Effect type ='Data' amount ='0.90' subtype ='Cost' resource ='Gold' relativity ='Percent'>
<Target type ='techAll'></Target></Effect>
If you want to reduce the cost, just follow that. I'm sure you know the drill from here.
Dedonus
Skirmisher
posted 11-18-08 04:35 PM EDT (US)     42 / 53       
Thanks. I didn't try to say it was imposible, I just meant that from my tries, it didn't work. But thanks again.

edit: TwentyLemon, that link didn't seem to help me. I am not looking for an auto-gather, but to be able to switch between vills gathering from my mill-like building from food to gold and vice versa.

Senatus Populusque Romanus (SPQR) - The Senate and the Roman people
"Veni vidi vici"- Julius Caesar- I came, I saw, I conquered
"Ego vos hortor ut amicitiam omnibus rebus humanis anteponatis." - Cicero - I urge you to set friendship before all other human affairs.

[This message has been edited by Dedonus (edited 11-18-2008 @ 07:18 PM).]

BilboBeutlin
Skirmisher
posted 11-18-08 11:52 PM EDT (US)     43 / 53       
First at all: this thread isn't meant for modding questions, but for general discussion about the modding section at HG. Next time please open a new topic in forum.

Your gather switching plans can be realized, but it's very complicated. Beneath creating new proto, anim, tactics most probably you had to edit and setup a lot of additional stuff. It requires advanced experience for such.
dallas137
Skirmisher
posted 12-07-08 08:48 PM EDT (US)     44 / 53       
its been really inactive here the past few days theres hardly any posts, and Argalius, how did you look through the exe for the AoE3 Commands tutorial? Did you have an unpacker style program like aoe3ed?

I ask too many questions?
Hey, I think I'm back :P

[This message has been edited by dallas137 (edited 12-07-2008 @ 08:54 PM).]

BilboBeutlin
Skirmisher
posted 12-13-08 00:58 AM EDT (US)     45 / 53       
*cough* Though not just fitting to topic ...
The game exe is self-extracting when launched. Probably in a common packing format? I suppose a compression made with RAD gametools, since ES used these tools for nearly all purposes.
For examining the code it's easier to use a special tool on the running (already extracted) exe. This can be a debugger/disassembler, a memory spy/edit program or a game-hack tool like eg. ArtMoney.
I'm quite sure, also Argalius used something like this
dallas137
Skirmisher
posted 12-13-08 09:43 AM EDT (US)     46 / 53       
O... thanks its a lt less complicated than i thought it was.

I ask too many questions?
Hey, I think I'm back :P
RusFanAge3
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-09 01:25 PM EDT (US)     47 / 53       
I have 2 questions and to create for everyone a theme probably incorrect therefore I shall ask here
1) How probably to create a card in the size It is more rmSetMapSize (2000,2000)
2) How probably to get access from Amain to trigger to commands for example to " trConvert (2) "
and another " tr ______ "; whether that is possible as that through "include" or what in another way and where in
general they are
BilboBeutlin
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-09 06:59 PM EDT (US)     48 / 53       
PLEASE - this topic is meant for discussion about this forum or the modding section at HG at all.
It isn't a FAQ thread .. and btw: I've tried answering your Q's in scen.forum
RusFanAge3
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-09 05:25 AM EDT (US)     49 / 53       
BilboBeutlin if your answer has solved a problem that here these questions would not be
BilboBeutlin if I correctly understand that you be not Moderator
BilboBeutlin
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-09 06:05 AM EDT (US)     50 / 53       
Right - I'm not a moderator. But for hints to forum rules it doesn't require a colored name.
und3r5c0r3
Skirmisher
posted 06-15-09 00:46 AM EDT (US)     51 / 53       
I wanted to know if there was a way to increase the treaty time in The War Chiefs. In skirmish, ya know how you can do 10-min treaty, 20-min treaty, and so on up to 40 mins, well is there a way to just edit the 40-min treaty mode and make it 60 minutes? Thanks.
DayoftheNinja
Skirmisher
posted 06-15-09 09:16 PM EDT (US)     52 / 53       
Aaah, they've started a chain reaction! This is not the area to ask questions. Use the search function. If that fails, create a new thread, but do not post your questions here! You can take a look here for more help. And that should always be the first place you check. Thanks.
To keep this on topic:
Is anyone covering this thread now? And is the Hall of Fame ever going up? I'd actually be happy to make it if you'd like .

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
"It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
-Lord Tahattus
"Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
-invent00r
arcalion
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-10 08:09 PM EDT (US)     53 / 53       
when go to be updated the hall of fame?

|THE MAIN CODDER AND ARTIST OF TFN
|check own progress here: http://thefightofnations.heavenforum.com/forum.htm
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames