You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Empires III: War of the Triple Alliance - BETA RELEASED!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 62  Next Page »
posted 07-20-06 03:59 PM EDT (US)   

http://wotta.freehostia.com/
Join War of the Triple Alliance's official website!

Arriba, arriba, arriba!

After so many years stuck with 5 civs... I'd like to say that we've been hiding from you all our new plans ^^' Starting with WotTA Gamma, WotTa will include many new civs, being one of them the Mexicans. Check the Mexican thread at our site, http://wotta.freehostia.com (needs registration at the forum).

Don't forget to download the patch! It's important

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!

[This message has been edited by Lord Tahattus (edited 07-13-2010 @ 07:37 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-26-06 09:29 AM EDT (US)     26 / 1548  
Or you could just give villagers bonus HP and Attack.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 07-26-06 12:53 PM EDT (US)     27 / 1548  
Also, you made a big time mistake. The lancer is cavalry good against infantry, not vice versa.
Hum, better. I don't like the pikeman anyway And it's lanceiro, it's in portuguese. I'll consider the name. And you were right after all, the brazilians did have a cavalry called Lanceiro do Regimento.
i can if you want because im finished the mod really unless something else comes up
Just a minor thing... Granaderos a caballo sounds better.
Do you really think that? Looks hard to be spoken in my opinion.
So you could include a Paraguayan unit called "Boy Soldier", but it sounds very creepy to me. :S
Actually, i was planning a desperation card called "ni˝os armados", where your economy would be destroyed forever by receiving a huge army of armed children. However, the only child model in the game has only idle and walk animations; when they attack, their arms and legs get big as adults'.

[This message has been edited by Lord Tahattus (edited 07-08-2007 @ 11:00 PM).]

posted 07-27-06 08:29 PM EDT (US)     28 / 1548  

Quote:

Do you really think that? Looks hard to be spoken in my opinion.

Not for a native Spanish speaker.

Both "granaderos" and "caballeros" are nouns. "A caballo" or "montados" is the adjetive form.

However, Why not just call it with the English noun, Horse Grenadier or Mounted Grenadier?

posted 07-27-06 09:09 PM EDT (US)     29 / 1548  
Because, at least here, i'll fuse my mod to my favorite ones. So i don't want one of my units with the same name of Kastor's NE unit. However, the others, who download the mod, won't see any difference. I also want their names in spanish.
posted 07-28-06 05:20 PM EDT (US)     30 / 1548  
posted 07-28-06 10:16 PM EDT (US)     31 / 1548  
Of course, but please add me in MSN, or give yours to me. Page updated again.
posted 07-31-06 00:10 AM EDT (US)     32 / 1548  
Tahattus I added you to my MSN. I would like to talk with you if you have the chance.

Denny Crane
posted 08-04-06 01:19 PM EDT (US)     33 / 1548  
I could help too!

My MSN is: luis_coutojr@yahoo.com.br

posted 08-04-06 06:07 PM EDT (US)     34 / 1548  
its looking like a great mod and i just wanted to know will the new civs be hc save files or are you making a new exe like NE and somemore screenshots would be nice but great mod did the explorers help
posted 08-04-06 06:18 PM EDT (US)     35 / 1548  
Hum, hello. Did you send the explorer already? I didn't see, my e-mail program got some problems, i'll see later. Not new pics for a while... Everything is still messed up. My video card is poor as well, dont expect good pictures.
posted 08-05-06 08:31 AM EDT (US)     36 / 1548  
My ideas:

Make African Slaves Popless, but gathers least than Settler.

As bonus, erch time the Paraguay changes age, it gain a "Mercado Wagon". It may become a Food, Wood, Coin or a Artilhery Mercado. (Whose produces Falconets).

As Brazilian bouns, use the same for Spain (More Shipments)

Instead of "Dragoon Pikemen", you gain "Dragoes da Independencia".

posted 08-05-06 10:17 AM EDT (US)     37 / 1548  

Quote:

Make African Slaves Popless, but gathers least than Settler.

Impossible, since the settler should be slowly substituted by slaves. The brazilian economy starts slow, ends enormous, but rather fragile, since african slaves can be captured.

Quote:

As bonus, erch time the Paraguay changes age, it gain a "Mercado Wagon". It may become a Food, Wood, Coin or a Artilhery Mercado. (Whose produces Falconets).

Nice idea. Markets are expensive by the way.

Quote:

As Brazilian bouns, use the same for Spain (More Shipments)

Sure NO. Brazil is a completely different civ, let the spanish with their own bonus.

Quote:

Instead of "Dragoon Pikemen", you gain "Dragoes da Independencia".

Dragoon pikemen were real and there are enough cavalry. And it's war of paraguay, no space for "independent" now.

posted 08-05-06 09:54 PM EDT (US)     38 / 1548  
Dragoes da independencia where royal guard mounted lancers,not who fight in independence,just search for photos in google and you will see how cool they are

EDIT:why dont you ask for Kastor help?

[This message has been edited by Abadu (edited 08-05-2006 @ 09:57 PM).]

posted 08-05-06 10:02 PM EDT (US)     39 / 1548  
I'm focusing on the War of Paraguay. Specially for brazil, my native country. Thanks for the suggestions, but there's already a Lancer, take a look.
posted 08-06-06 09:02 AM EDT (US)     40 / 1548  
yes i read,but whyy the lancer dont have the look of a dragŃo da independencia?look:http://www.olhares.com/dragoes_da_independencia/foto380493.html
arent they cool?
And i want to say that i love your idea of this mod(im brazilian too)and i continue think that you should talk with kastor,he is finishing NE and can help you(and please,dont let this topic die

[This message has been edited by Abadu (edited 08-06-2006 @ 05:13 PM).]

posted 08-06-06 02:58 PM EDT (US)     41 / 1548  
Er...

You could send that mail again?
I lost it on my mail box!

Another idea: Volunteers are a Stronger Minuteman without "negative Regeneration". They can also be sent by a Unlimted Shipment with cost of 300 food at age 1 (5), or with a normal shipment without cost at age 4 (15), very quiqkly.

And I don't know make animations too, sorry.

posted 08-06-06 06:07 PM EDT (US)     42 / 1548  
Abadu, you damn hellish brazilian, you're convincing me. The lancers (Lanceiros) will have the look of the Drag§es... But will attack with a spear.

Barrim: The volunteers are extremely weak. They're trained in groups of 10, very quickly. Your idea is welcome, since i'm not working with military shipments yet. Since you don't know anything about modding the animation of an unit, you'll have to wait a little for the expansion - there you can help me.

Quote:

and please,dont let this topic die

Who said that? XD

posted 08-07-06 05:53 PM EDT (US)     43 / 1548  
My Ideas:

For Civilization Bonuses:

Brazil: Has Volunteers Shipmemts with they get very fast. May also train then very fast, at groups of 10. They also get shipments faster than other civilizations, but no so fast as Spanish.

Argentina: It explorer is mounted. They also may train Fast Cart to move units faster. Stable cost less.

Paraguay: May build expensive El Mercado, whose can autogather Resources.

My idea was make Slaves only gatherable by Shipemts, as Mercenaries! So, they was Popless.

posted 08-07-06 07:07 PM EDT (US)     44 / 1548  
Barrim, you're evil. Let me say that... some things are ALREADY in the mod, some things aren't...
posted 08-08-06 07:23 PM EDT (US)     45 / 1548  
And the Church Tecnologies?
You already have some ideas?

Well: More ideas! (you told that you don't thougth about the shipments)

Paraguay Ney Shipments: (Existing Shipments)
2 El Mercado Age IV, (Factory), (*Level 10 City) 1 El Mercado Age III, (Robber Barrons), (*Level 25 City) 3 El Mercado Age IV

(Improved Market), (*Level 25 City) Improve Production Age IV [+15% gather to El Mercado and Factory]

100 All Resources Age I Unlimited [1 crate of each resource], (*Level 10 City) 200 All Resources Age II, 300 All Resources Age III, (*Level 25 City) 500 All Resources Age IV.
(200 All Resources) (*Level 10 City) 200 All Resources Team Age IV, (*Level 25 City) 300 All Resources Team Age IV.

posted 08-08-06 09:11 PM EDT (US)     46 / 1548  
Yup, paraguayans will definately need factory shipments.

The Paraguayans feature a completely new economic system: Three new factories to gather resources. However, they do not have the usual factory unit - this means that they can't choose which resource they'll gather and produce heavy cannons.

Today, while playing with the paraguayans, the stupid AI discovered my weakness :'(

My city was rushed, my villeros killed by hussars, and my factories destroyed my economy was destroyed for forever - if weren't by a wood factory built far from the city

posted 08-11-06 04:50 PM EDT (US)     47 / 1548  
When you will make an Brazilian HC prototipe?
Has Kastor agreed in help you?
And we need to make paraguay more unique in units(at least ONE truly unique and not fantasy military UU),but i have no sugetions tihs time
EDIT:i have some sugestion:
Brazil navy should be the best of the 3 mod civs(it was the great brazilian advantage
Paraguay can produce artilery faster(they used many canons)and be a good boom civs(paraguat were a huge potency,industrialised and "self-feeding(they produce what they need)
here is an voluntarios da patria photo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Guerra_do_Paraguai_-_Voluntários_da_Pátria.JPG
and i have an idea for paraguay(its a litle fantasy),an hussar like unit called hussares de la patria(but i have some pictures of paraguayan cavalary for you
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:TuyutiDetail.jpg
What you think?

[This message has been edited by Abadu (edited 08-11-2006 @ 05:36 PM).]

posted 08-11-06 07:36 PM EDT (US)     48 / 1548  
I need to update the thread.
The argentineans get this hussar. Your ideas are nice, but most of them are already in the mod.
A brazilian HC is done. I'll show you all some day.
posted 08-11-06 10:35 PM EDT (US)     49 / 1548  
Thanks companheiro
but do you have some idea for an unique military non-fictional paraguayan unit?
posted 08-12-06 00:04 AM EDT (US)     50 / 1548  
The villero, for example; although the name is not known, his 3 upgrades are all historical accurate.

By the way: the ca˝ˇn dorado DID exist, but was called simply "cannon".

[This message has been edited by Lord Tahattus (edited 08-12-2006 @ 00:11 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 62  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age of Empires III: War of the Triple Alliance - BETA RELEASED!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames