You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Empires III: War of the Triple Alliance - BETA RELEASED!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38 39 40 41 42 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 62  Next Page »
posted 07-20-06 03:59 PM EDT (US)   

http://wotta.freehostia.com/
Join War of the Triple Alliance's official website!

Arriba, arriba, arriba!

After so many years stuck with 5 civs... I'd like to say that we've been hiding from you all our new plans ^^' Starting with WotTA Gamma, WotTa will include many new civs, being one of them the Mexicans. Check the Mexican thread at our site, http://wotta.freehostia.com (needs registration at the forum).

Don't forget to download the patch! It's important

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!

[This message has been edited by Lord Tahattus (edited 07-13-2010 @ 07:37 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-04-07 09:13 AM EDT (US)     976 / 1548  
@nec3dg:
EN:Gauchos are already in the game as the mounted villagers of argentineans.
ES:Los gauchos ya estan en el juego como los aldeanos de los argentinos.

I posted it also in spanish because he said he has a bad level of english.

Alvaro_qc

██ Building texturer of Revolutions Any help is welcome, if you want to help go here.
██ Auxiliar of WOTTA
posted 11-04-07 09:29 AM EDT (US)     977 / 1548  
@Yastor: in a few years

@alvaro_qc: thank you

The Argentine "ranch" is a powerful livestock pen that supports many animals. It doesn't train any unit at all, only herdables.

WOTTA WEBSITE!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
posted 11-07-07 07:08 AM EDT (US)     978 / 1548  
If there's anything i can help with, which there probably isn't, then i'd love to. But i'm a newb and i'm having trouble creation a unit :P so you probably won't want me. email me at j m boggs at carolina dot rr dot com.

[This message has been edited by Dallas137 (edited 11-07-2007 @ 07:23 AM).]

posted 11-07-07 08:11 AM EDT (US)     979 / 1548  
Some people may not know how to mod, but they do have some skills. What are you good at? You must have some "artist" knowledge.

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
posted 11-07-07 11:14 AM EDT (US)     980 / 1548  
The gatling gun ammo drum is a real masterpiece lord!!

-=Wakain=-
posted 11-07-07 04:51 PM EDT (US)     981 / 1548  
i know the theories ( i hate theories) and i learn fast but i'm not an artist, as in i suck at any and all forms of picture making. If you want anything non-art realated just tell me what. (and, if i'm not a total noob, how)
posted 11-07-07 04:58 PM EDT (US)     982 / 1548  
I second everything that Dallas said. I'd like to help, but I learn fast and would like to be a part of this. Is there anything small that I can do that might save you some time?

bjkav (at) embarq
dot
com

Thanks!

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
posted 11-07-07 05:26 PM EDT (US)     983 / 1548  
I'm not Tahattus but I would suggest some of the small things you could do is help look for reference pictures for the new units and also make screenshots if you have good computers. As well as help with the beta test.

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG

[This message has been edited by RiderOfEternity (edited 11-07-2007 @ 05:27 PM).]

posted 11-07-07 05:28 PM EDT (US)     984 / 1548  
Hum, later I will release my idea for the african culture. Maybe you could suggest things until there. Later, I'd like you to help me with an aspect of their culture that would take me years to design.

Anyone interested on helping me, please write down the list of the games you've played so far (similar to aoe3, of course! No FIFA soccer allowed).

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
posted 11-07-07 05:36 PM EDT (US)     985 / 1548  
Here's a list of my game experience:

1. Age of Empire I (the good ol' days) = expansion pack
2. AOE2 demo + AOE2 expansion demo
3. AOM + AOMTT demo
4. AOE3 (duh) w/ expansion

I ask too many questions?
Hey, I think I'm back :P
posted 11-07-07 06:03 PM EDT (US)     986 / 1548  
1. Aoe3 with all expansions
2. Rise and Fall: Civilizations at war
3. BFME1
4. BFME2
5. BFME2 ROTWK
6. verry small bit of Rome total war
7. Civ 4

posted 11-07-07 06:12 PM EDT (US)     987 / 1548  
dang snoopy, you've played a lot of games!

posted 11-07-07 06:46 PM EDT (US)     988 / 1548  
I don't actually mod, but as I said before I'd like to help with the African culture and nations.

Here's a list of games that I've played/play:

Rome Total War
Medieval Total War
Medieval 2 Total War
Age of Empires (and expansion)
Age of Empires 2 (and expansion)
Age of Mythology (and expansion)
Age of Empires 3 (and both expansions)
All Command and Conquer series games
Rise of Legends
Rise of Nations
Empire Earth
Empire Earth 2

[This message has been edited by KrakenBits (edited 11-07-2007 @ 06:46 PM).]

posted 11-07-07 07:32 PM EDT (US)     989 / 1548  
I third everything Dallas said
AoE + X-pack
AoE2 + X-pack
AoM + X-pack
AoE3 + X-pack + Y-pack
Stronghold
Stronghold: Legends
BfME
BfME2 + ROTWK
CIV4

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
"It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
-Lord Tahattus
"Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
-invent00r

[This message has been edited by DayoftheNinja (edited 11-07-2007 @ 09:31 PM).]

posted 11-07-07 07:40 PM EDT (US)     990 / 1548  
Ok, let me tell you my idea. To fully understand this system, you should have played AOK, Civ4 or Rise of Nations.

1) African nations don't age up. Instead, they have a very-own techtree. A researched tech leads to other techs, as we see in Civ4 and AOK. There are some techs that open new "chains" and are responsible for age advancing.

2) Explain a little more: How would it work? Let's imagine the farm techs. They are unlocked normally when you advance in age. For the africans, however, they're all available in discovery. But the "end game" farm techs are really expensive (as we see in RON; ) but get cheaper when you age up.

Example:
age0 "farm lvl 3" is 1200 food.
age1 "farm lvl 3" is 1000 food.
age2 "farm lvl 3" is 800 food. And so on.

3) You said Africans don't age up. Oh crap... this is hard to explain if you didn't play any of those games. Once you start the game, you're free to upgrade everything. Farms, units, villagers. However, after a couple of researched techs, a "special" tech appears. If you've been researching hunting techs, a "organized army" tech appears and leads you to Colonial. Or after researching farm techs, a "flood of the nile" tech appears, leading you to colonial as well. Although aging up is very beneficial, since it opens new "chains", it's not required. You would still get imperial-age units if you keep researching other techs.

4) Keep going. Techs are researched quickly, but you must research 2 - 3 to unlock colonial, for example. The "different opportunities" you have when choosing an european politician is replaced by different "chains" at your disposal.

5) I can't get it. African nations age-up system reflects Civ4 system. That's it.

------------------------------------------------------

Nation unique bonuses, initial thoughts.

Egypt: based on AOK saracens, AOM and RON.
- Buildings cost coin.
- Starts game with lots of coin.
- Requires almost no wood.
- Best farmers.

Abyssinia: Based on Civ4 Ethiopia and RON african nations.
- starts with a market wagon.
- market prices are cheaper.
- Shipments bring crates of coin.

Zulu: Based on RON and Civ4.
- Infantry and Villagers run instead of walk.
- Barracks are easily built.
- they don't build houses. Their pop depends on techs.
- 300 max pop?

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
posted 11-07-07 08:08 PM EDT (US)     991 / 1548  
So the age up thing is like AOK or AOE1, for them you had to build a certain number of period buildings in order to age up, in this, it's like that but techs not building, sweet! Hey cool, you changed your sig lol

[This message has been edited by Dallas137 (edited 11-07-2007 @ 08:09 PM).]

posted 11-07-07 08:30 PM EDT (US)     992 / 1548  
I had a cool idea for salt as a resourse.
Ah well, anyway, I'll start thinking about unique techs. Do you want standard African techs, or nation specific ones?

Cool Zulu Idea: As you research techs for population, you have to balance out the army strength vs size. You could very well have a 300 pop army, but they'd all be strelet quality due to lack of training. Or a 30 pop ronin quality army. I'd be a very flexible civ.
ex.

(tech name)
Adds 50 population, but docks 15% off hitpoints.

posted 11-07-07 08:37 PM EDT (US)     993 / 1548  
I agree with Snoopy, having them balance large numbers with weak forces would enable almost any strategy. Adding onto what Snoopy said i think that as well as increasing pop and decreasing HP it should make the units cheaper. I'm doing some reseach and it supports the pop increase, as the Zulus are the largest group in South Africa with 10,659,309 people in 2001.

[This message has been edited by Dallas137 (edited 11-07-2007 @ 08:40 PM).]

posted 11-07-07 08:39 PM EDT (US)     994 / 1548  
Good call with the cost.

EDIT: but that's in 2001. What about the timeframe of the mod?

[This message has been edited by Sir Snoopy (edited 11-07-2007 @ 08:42 PM).]

posted 11-07-07 08:45 PM EDT (US)     995 / 1548  
If you make a campaign (which hopefully you'll add later, you have a lot of stress) you should include the apartheid and the short but important Anglo-Zulu war. That's not the point, this shows that the Zulus have been numerous for a long time. I'll try to find more info on the Zulus, so i got that covered. I just found out something minorly useful :P lol. There is a Zulu form of martial arts called donga or Nguni stick fighting. It is practiced by young boys. Also, Zulu warriors should have low HP originally, as well as low armor, in one eyewitness text "'I once saw 200 Zulus charge upon a Gatling gun...got within 15 yards of it with the shot mowing them down...'"

[This message has been edited by Dallas137 (edited 11-07-2007 @ 08:58 PM).]

posted 11-07-07 09:31 PM EDT (US)     996 / 1548  
Very nice idea for African Age up, very interesting! Also, I have played civ4.
I like the Zulu vil idea too, I'll give some info soon.

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
"It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
-Lord Tahattus
"Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
-invent00r
posted 11-08-07 06:27 AM EDT (US)     997 / 1548  
Initial ideas for units: Words marked with an asterisk should be renamed!

1. An early tech, "bow*" replaces villager spears by bows and enables their minutemen*, who are archers. Bow has 4 lvls.

2. Bow* leads to hunting techs, which leads to "organized army*", which triggers colonial age. Other techs will trigger it too, but i'm considering you chose the quickest way to age advance.

3. Organized army* made you arrival at age 1 with the barracks unlocked. Also, you first soldier is there, the swordsman*. It also unlocks the "sword" improvements (lvl 1 - 3) that act as the "veteran/guard/imp" upgrades. Instead of upgrading the unit, you upgrade the weapons/armor.

4. The Zulus don't get the swordsman*, but a javelineer (impi?). It's weaker, cheaper, easy to mass;

5. Following the military "chain", the "gunpowder" tech appears. Researching it leads you to Fortress and unlocks the musketman* and the "gun" improvements. Lvl 1 gun improvement unlocks the skirmisher*.

Infantry I'm considering so far (all asterisks): minuteman (trained at TC and barracks), swordsman (requires organized army, but easiliy unlocked), archer (requires bow lvl 2, but easily unlocked), musketman (requires gunpowder) and skirmisher (requires gun lvl 1). Zulu don't get archers or swordsmen, but the impi unit. Gunpowder tech appears a bit later than usual.

Cavalry i'm considering so far (all asterisks): camel rider (appears with camel raiding*?), camel archer (camel riding + bow lvl 2), elephant (only one; appears with ellie riding), camel gun (camel riding + gun lvl 1). Egyptians have their UU, mameluke, who is the only horseman. Unlocked with horse riding + sword lvl 1?

Do i need to remember you these names are just a sketch? :P

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
posted 11-08-07 06:55 AM EDT (US)     998 / 1548  
i sent you some info i found on the zulu through email, if you don't like that i'll just post it here. Hope it helps

posted 11-08-07 07:27 AM EDT (US)     999 / 1548  
Who's going to be the proud owner of WOTTA's 1000th message?

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
posted 11-08-07 07:58 AM EDT (US)     1000 / 1548  
Me

Good job man!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 38 39 40 41 42 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 62  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age of Empires III: War of the Triple Alliance - BETA RELEASED!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames