You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.332 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9 ··· 14  Next Page »
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 10-03-07 02:45 PM EDT (US)         
The Ancient Age is a Total Conversion Mod for Age Of Empires III TAD about the Ancient Times, which will be made by Tilanus Commodor & Ca Putt. Almost everyone of us started just with a minor basic knowledge, but we are developing ourselves. The Ancient Age is not an Age Of Mythology or Age Of Empires I Remake. Nevertheless the Age Of Empires Series is among other RTS-Games a true inspiration for us.

It is our aim to include five new civilisations: The Carthaginians, Celts, Hellenes, Persians and Romans. Besides we are willed to develop an unique gameplay, which will be a good contrast to other mods and the original game. This includes for example a new building & unit system. Since the modification's setting takes place in a completely different age you can expect a lot of new material. More details will be revealed when the time is better.

» Media «

The Romans

Bonus: Cheaper fortifications, 1 Hastatus/Barrack
Archaic Unit: Spearman 'Voluntarius'
Campaign: Legio VI Ferrata
Strengths:
Infantry & Siege equipment and versatility
Good Commanders
Weaknesses:
Medium Cavalry & Fleet
Expensive Archer support

Eques, Age II - Roman Lancer, good against light units, suitable for raids
Princeps, Age III 1st Upgrade of the Hastatus; Heavy Melee Infantry with ranged attack

The Hellenes

Bonus: Free Villagers & Scholars by Age Up
Archaic Unit: Slinger 'Sphendonotes'
Campaign: Macedonians
Strengths:
Balanced Army
Economy & Technology
Weaknesses:
Slow Core Army
Average Military Improvements
Realization of 'The Ancient Age'
To realize a huge project like The Ancient Age an active team is absolutely needed. Even if there is already a new active team, we'd like to extent the amount of workers to speed up the process of production. Therefore we are looking for new ambitious members, who want to learn fast and work practically.

We appreciate every new interested request, even if we have to refuse some people, they tried it and had the good intention to help us.
The more people work for our project, the faster will we finish it, simpliest logic, isn't it? So take your chance and prevent stagnation or a long periods of waiting. We support everyone who »really« wants to help us and is not just taking a look for two weeks. Thanks.

Free Jobs:
Texturers [no limit]
Coders [max.2]
Graphic Artists [no limit]
Concept Artists [no limit]
Co-Balancers [max.2]

Terms of Admission
Will to improve your abilities/will to work alone and with the Team
Appropriate expenditure of time for this project
Communicative availability (do not ignore PMs, MSN messages or emails)
some background knowledge
MSN

»Team«
We do that mod alone.

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 04-27-2009 @ 04:11 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 06-02-08 03:53 PM EDT (US)     151 / 332       
...and not only that. The whole thing looks just awesome!
Every artist, under which texturers, create their own style over time, and I must say I really like yours! It's simple, but it looks just awesome.

peugeot407

|> Robert Faber (aka peugeot407)
|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)
|> January 2008 Modding Contest: first place!

When in doubt, flat out! (Colin McRae)
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 06-04-08 04:27 PM EDT (US)     152 / 332       
Hey thanks guys Yes, most units you've seen so far look rather simple, but be sure I'll try to master the more complex ones as well.

New Screenshot!

» The Ancient Age | Napoleonic Era «

» Modding is art! «
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 06-05-08 02:12 PM EDT (US)     153 / 332       
Man, those units do look just awesome!!! No doubt I will play this mod when it's finished, even if only for the look of the units.

peugeot407

|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)

Highland guy
Skirmisher
posted 06-05-08 03:00 PM EDT (US)     154 / 332       
I haven't really been following this and I just happened to see this whilst browsing. I'm currently about to go of to Uni to study Ancient History and already have a pretty in-depth knowledge of this time period. If you want to ask any questions regarding historical accuracy, I'm more than willing to help

Just add me on MSN
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 06-05-08 04:06 PM EDT (US)     155 / 332       
Sounds good what are your best special fields? - or rephrased: How much do you know about each of the cultures we want to include?

» Modding is art! «
Highland guy
Skirmisher
posted 06-05-08 04:35 PM EDT (US)     156 / 332       
Romans and Carthaginians are what my biggest interest is in. I also live in Scotland so have some background knowledge on the Celts. Hellenes I'm ok on, but unfortunately I don't know too much about the Persians
confidential0216
Skirmisher
posted 06-07-08 11:01 AM EDT (US)     157 / 332       
good looking units, especially the roman lancer. great work!
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 06-23-08 05:50 AM EDT (US)     158 / 332       
You might have seen the "Princeps" in the Modding Contest, if you didn't take a look on it, you can do it here. Even these who've already seen it can now read what this is all about.

The picture shows the Roman Princeps, it means »the first« and refers to position of the unit in the Roman battle lines. However, they were never really standing in the first line, in front of them were the Hastati and depending on the phase of the battle mostly skirmishers as well. Principes were, in view of the Roman Republic - the richer and better equipped Hastati. This is why the Princeps is the next level of the Hastatus, which will be available in Age III. So both units have the same abilities and functions. They are heavy infantry and have as secondary fight mode also a ranged attack. The effective Roman standard soldier.

» Modding is art! «
Linuchadnezzar
Skirmisher
posted 06-23-08 07:20 AM EDT (US)     159 / 332       
Nice!
Will the next unit be a Triarius or the Hastatus? Or a greek one finally? I would love to see a hoplite!

ḼĮЙЦḈԊДĐ₦ḜẔŽДЯ
Modding for: Knights and Barbarians

EMPIRES RISE AND FALL BUT HEROES LIVE FOREVER
Io444
Skirmisher
posted 06-23-08 07:41 AM EDT (US)     160 / 332       
Hey, Can i help you with the hellens?

PD: you are make a great job (really it sound extrange but i dont beleave that you make a principe, astati, etc instead a "legionary"

By the way whit the reform this class of soldiers dissapear and the new soldier was the legionary

Pd of pd: Are you going to put auxiliars?

¡Ah! ¿No es cierto, ángel de amor,
que en esta apartada orilla
más pura la luna brilla
y se respira mejor?
--------------------------Don Juan Tenorio-----------------
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 06-23-08 12:47 PM EDT (US)     161 / 332       
Thank you Linu, and well, the Hastatus was already presented. The Republican Triarius is not done yet. The thing is I'm making the Roman Units for Age1+2 first and unfortunately I'm the only active texturer.
Hey, Can i help you with the hellens?
Specify, which kind of help?
PD: you are make a great job (really it sound extrange but i dont beleave that you make a principe, astati, etc instead a "legionary"
There's a common misunderstanding of who legionaries are and who not. In view of the Roman Legion there were soldiers with different ranks and tasks, but they were all legionaries, part of the legion.
By the way whit the reform this class of soldiers dissapear and the new soldier was the legionary
Yes and No. You're speaking of the Marian Reforms. In view of armament and equippment they had all the same after the Reforms, nevertheless they still had the division into battle lines with the names "Hastati, Principes, Triarii".
Pd of pd: Are you going to put auxiliars?
Yupp.

» Modding is art! «
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 06-23-08 09:17 PM EDT (US)     162 / 332       
Uhouh, freaky double poster!

We promised it. Now you get it. Visit ne.elpea.net - the official Napoleonic Era Homepage - scroll a bit down on the forum and you'll see a new forum with some threads in it, this is your sweet place to talk, comment, discuss, criticise, talk about everything related to The Ancient Age, suggest your own ideas, ask the team and have fun. Napoleonic Era and The Ancient Age united on one forum, great, isn't it?
Get ya ass up!

Since we already demonstrated that we are able to post our news on a page of another mod (Napoleonic Era!), this will be now the first place, where News will be published. This applies for content updates as well. Thanks. =)

» visit the Official The Ancient Age Forum

» Modding is art! «
Io444
Skirmisher
posted 06-24-08 03:46 AM EDT (US)     163 / 332       
Well my friend, respond to the cuestion, i can help you with the texrures and the conceptual art(and a bit in the codder in data and animation) i'm gona send you my works coming soon

más pura la luna brilla
y se respira mejor?
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 06-24-08 01:19 PM EDT (US)     164 / 332       
Hey Io, I've seen your work and I'm really impressed. It's quite good for someone who's relatively new to the modding forum.

Register on ne.elpea.net if you haven't already done it. Get msn and add me. I'd like to talk to you before, so that I can show and explain you everything. =)

and btw - work a bit on your english, you'll need it and it's worth learning. Look for a good online translator, that's how I improved my english.

» Modding is art! «
Io444
Skirmisher
posted 06-24-08 04:06 PM EDT (US)     165 / 332       
Sir Yes sir!

más pura la luna brilla
y se respira mejor?
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 06-24-08 04:44 PM EDT (US)     166 / 332       
Or watch BBC a lot... That's how I improved my English...

peugeot407

alvaro_qc
Skirmisher
posted 06-24-08 05:28 PM EDT (US)     167 / 332       
Or edit in english wikipedia

Alvaro_qc

██ Building texturer of Revolutions Any help is welcome, if you want to help go here.
██ Auxiliar of WOTTA
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 06-24-08 06:48 PM EDT (US)     168 / 332       
lol ^^ BBC *lmao* but okay, if it works ..

» Modding is art! «
Io444
Skirmisher
posted 06-26-08 07:18 PM EDT (US)     169 / 332       
Excuse me mr. Tilanus I have sent you a mail and i have registered to the NE; if you want to send me a mail or instant message i'm available to talk from 10 to 12 pm GMT-6,
well see you later.

más pura la luna brilla
y se respira mejor?
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 06-27-08 09:12 AM EDT (US)     170 / 332       
Hey Yo Io, ^^

I sent you a private message on ne.elpea.net - haven't forgotten you ;P

» Modding is art! «
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 07-14-08 10:18 AM EDT (US)     171 / 332       

Enjoy the Slavery.
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 07-14-08 02:31 PM EDT (US)     172 / 332       
I hope to enjoy it when you bring out an Alpha version, if you promise you'll play Knights and Barbarians Alpha! No, just kidding. It looks very good! Completely your style again and I must say I really like that.
Seriously I really like it. You keep bringing up great units!

peugeot407

fatookit
Skirmisher
posted 07-15-08 02:40 AM EDT (US)     173 / 332       
I think the siege weapons would be a big challege for making a ancient mod.
naruto617
Skirmisher
posted 07-15-08 10:10 AM EDT (US)     174 / 332       
i look forward to this, by the way, this is TWC+TAD right?

Updated Sig:
TAD:Japan OP! Personally i play as china(lvl 72).
TWC:Iro OP! Personally i don't play as natives, but probably as aztecs(lvl 19) or sioux(lvl 14), with a lvl 12 iro hc.
VAN:France OP! Personally i play as brits(25), dutch(51), or russia(47)
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 07-15-08 11:49 AM EDT (US)     175 / 332       
@peugeot - Thank you, however, our progress is not that good, we have new members, but the situation is almost the same. Luckily I've holidays now, this should be enough for a strong boost of progress and I will definitely play K&B, since I wanna see how you dealed with Argalius' awesome mod.

@fatookit - yes, they are, but we already found some alternatives like human siege units. In worst case we'll just leave it out to avoid visual pain. ^^

@naruto - yepp, it is.

» Modding is art! «
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9 ··· 14  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames