You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.332 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8 ··· 14  Next Page »
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 10-03-07 02:45 PM EDT (US)         
The Ancient Age is a Total Conversion Mod for Age Of Empires III TAD about the Ancient Times, which will be made by Tilanus Commodor & Ca Putt. Almost everyone of us started just with a minor basic knowledge, but we are developing ourselves. The Ancient Age is not an Age Of Mythology or Age Of Empires I Remake. Nevertheless the Age Of Empires Series is among other RTS-Games a true inspiration for us.

It is our aim to include five new civilisations: The Carthaginians, Celts, Hellenes, Persians and Romans. Besides we are willed to develop an unique gameplay, which will be a good contrast to other mods and the original game. This includes for example a new building & unit system. Since the modification's setting takes place in a completely different age you can expect a lot of new material. More details will be revealed when the time is better.

» Media «

The Romans

Bonus: Cheaper fortifications, 1 Hastatus/Barrack
Archaic Unit: Spearman 'Voluntarius'
Campaign: Legio VI Ferrata
Strengths:
Infantry & Siege equipment and versatility
Good Commanders
Weaknesses:
Medium Cavalry & Fleet
Expensive Archer support

Eques, Age II - Roman Lancer, good against light units, suitable for raids
Princeps, Age III 1st Upgrade of the Hastatus; Heavy Melee Infantry with ranged attack

The Hellenes

Bonus: Free Villagers & Scholars by Age Up
Archaic Unit: Slinger 'Sphendonotes'
Campaign: Macedonians
Strengths:
Balanced Army
Economy & Technology
Weaknesses:
Slow Core Army
Average Military Improvements
Realization of 'The Ancient Age'
To realize a huge project like The Ancient Age an active team is absolutely needed. Even if there is already a new active team, we'd like to extent the amount of workers to speed up the process of production. Therefore we are looking for new ambitious members, who want to learn fast and work practically.

We appreciate every new interested request, even if we have to refuse some people, they tried it and had the good intention to help us.
The more people work for our project, the faster will we finish it, simpliest logic, isn't it? So take your chance and prevent stagnation or a long periods of waiting. We support everyone who »really« wants to help us and is not just taking a look for two weeks. Thanks.

Free Jobs:
Texturers [no limit]
Coders [max.2]
Graphic Artists [no limit]
Concept Artists [no limit]
Co-Balancers [max.2]

Terms of Admission
Will to improve your abilities/will to work alone and with the Team
Appropriate expenditure of time for this project
Communicative availability (do not ignore PMs, MSN messages or emails)
some background knowledge
MSN

»Team«
We do that mod alone.

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 04-27-2009 @ 04:11 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 04-18-08 04:31 PM EDT (US)     126 / 332       
Ok, but I need an impression of your work. So send me something [ tilanuscommodor(at)gmx(dot)de ] and I'll see what I can do. Can you draw/work with Photoshop?

» The Ancient Age | Napoleonic Era «

» Modding is art! «
General_II
Skirmisher
posted 04-18-08 05:12 PM EDT (US)     127 / 332       
I'll vouch for him. He's done some great concept art for K&B in addition to graphic design (i.e. UI).
sziggi
Skirmisher
posted 04-19-08 05:58 AM EDT (US)     128 / 332       
Markss has also done some graphics for my proj. He's quick and has a keen eye. Check my smugglers thread for a look, nice stuff.
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 04-19-08 07:47 PM EDT (US)     129 / 332       
@sziggi - honestly, the only good graphics (no screens) in your thread are the flags, the image quality of the logo 's not the best (maybe you scaled down the quality to make the picture visible - might be an answer ^^)

@General_II - Just found one concept art he made and I never saw anything from the K&B UI.

However, message me, best on msn. =)

» Modding is art! «
sziggi
Skirmisher
posted 04-19-08 08:06 PM EDT (US)     130 / 332       
You might feel that way about the image yet I do think he has some ability. Maybe with some work you could get him working at a level your comfortable with. See if he can work to your specifications on a enterance job I think you'll be pleasenty surprized. Worth a shot I would think.
alvaro_qc
Skirmisher
posted 04-19-08 08:37 PM EDT (US)     131 / 332       
Tilanus, This is markss' gallery, you can see there his excellent job

Alvaro_qc

██ Building texturer of Revolutions Any help is welcome, if you want to help go here.
██ Auxiliar of WOTTA
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 04-19-08 08:54 PM EDT (US)     132 / 332       
Wow, thanks alvaro. A lot of pretty good work. Whatsoever, at least he has to contact me, so that I can introduce him into the project and his new work.

Like Napoleonic Era and K&B also The Ancient Age is now registered at Mod Database: The Ancient Age on ModDB - it's worth taking a look at both, HeavenGames and ModDB since we'll not release everything on both sides. Even if ModDB is a great site with lots of registered mods I haven't seen any mentionable AoE3 community yet, so the real details will still be released here. The advantage of ModDB is a gallery for example. I'll release new screenshots there first.

» Modding is art! «
General_II
Skirmisher
posted 04-19-08 09:12 PM EDT (US)     133 / 332       
@General_II - Just found one concept art he made and I never saw anything from the K&B UI.
Exactly. No one's supposed to see it yet.

Are we so hard to believe?

*tries to be more devious*
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 04-19-08 09:29 PM EDT (US)     134 / 332       
Yes. ^^
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 04-20-08 07:32 AM EDT (US)     135 / 332       
Hastati Screenshots:

» Modding is art! «
southern_html
Skirmisher
posted 04-20-08 03:42 PM EDT (US)     136 / 332       
I can't send you my work because I haven't done any work to send to you. But I can draw/paint on my paint program
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 04-20-08 03:47 PM EDT (US)     137 / 332       
Wait, are you trying to trick me? - I hope your paint programm is not "Paint" ^^ - whatsoever, I'm still not convinced and the fact that you have a "paint" programm doesn't change much (oh, this is so funny *imagineshardcoreskillonPaint*) - do anything with it and send it to my e-mail account, may the Paint God bless you! ^^

» Modding is art! «
General_II
Skirmisher
posted 04-20-08 06:28 PM EDT (US)     138 / 332       
be nice...
Firefax
Skirmisher
posted 04-21-08 04:26 AM EDT (US)     139 / 332       
I was asking about the logos. This is pretty ironic since Purple Design Studios(which I am a part of) is making a Roman civ mod for Age Of Mythology.
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 04-21-08 10:44 AM EDT (US)     140 / 332       
@Firefax - Logos? Which other logos do you mean? And what's so ironic with 'em? Are you using similar logos? ^^

@HeavenGames - this is one point I absolutely dislike about these forums. Those exaggerated attempts to keep a 'nice and kind forum atmosphere' - I am nice if nobody's making rather questionable posts, even then I'm not mean, just ironic - fun for intelligent people, you know? *doubtsatoddtimes*
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 04-21-08 04:05 PM EDT (US)     141 / 332       
Those screenies are nice, but a bit boring with only Hastati...

peugeot407

|> Robert Faber (aka peugeot407)
|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)
|> January 2008 Modding Contest: first place!

When in doubt, flat out! (Colin McRae)
General_II
Skirmisher
posted 04-21-08 09:26 PM EDT (US)     142 / 332       
I think this is what Firefax was talking about.

As for keeping a nice forum atmosphere, I suppose I need to use more smiley faces
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 05-08-08 06:48 PM EDT (US)     143 / 332       
Hey ho guys, two new things =)

1. We changed the offer of the Graphics Artist:

Concept/Graphics Artist (no limit) - You can draw and/or are experienced in using graphic programs? Are artistically talented and want to show and prove your abilities? Share them with us! You'll have to do some very interesting works, which will be seen by everyone. Having a lot of free room for creativity you can do a lot of different things, from simple icons and unit portraits to loadingscreens, special creative backgrounds and User Interface Design.

There's just a little change concerning the words, but nevertheless a big change concerning the sense, due to this there are now altogether three ways of working as an artist:
  • Graphics Artist experienced in using graphics programs such as Photoshop or GIMP
  • Concept Artist ('drawing')
  • Graphics + Concept Artist

So if you can only fulfill one criterion there's still the possibility to join us. At the moment we're especially looking for drawers, so send me your drawings! =) You should be able to draw humans and equipment.

2. Due to historical reasons we had to 'downgrade' the Egyptians from a playable culture into a big ally. The Ancient Egypt was in its history occupied by a lot of different cultures, which ruled mostly in very different ways. The Egyptian Army was also mainly influenced by the hellenistic armies and the Egyptians copied several times other successful army types as the roman legion for example. However, the Egyptians will still play an important role.
    We will include them as 'Medium Civ', extended natives. The already compiled and workable content concerning the Egyptians will be spread over the whole game in the shape of mercenaries, cards, techs and so on. The Carthaginians will take over their role as major civ, elephants!

... by the way, everyone who's interested, but still hesitates to do the next step has the possibility to take a look in our development forum to get an impression of our work. Message me, don't forget to give me some information about your abilities and tell me what you'd be interested to do. Cya soon!

» Modding is art! «

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 05-08-2008 @ 08:33 PM).]

• southern_html
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-11-08 08:27 AM EDT (US)     144 / 332       
    not joining anymore...
    Tilanus Commodor
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-11-08 01:37 PM EDT (US)     145 / 332       
    Man, you were never accepted. óÒ
    peugeot407
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-12-08 03:29 AM EDT (US)     146 / 332       
    I lost the Equestrian textures I made (but not showed you yet) as a 'guest texturer'. They didn't work out perfectly however, so it's not a big shame. But I'm not gonna do them all over again. Sorry.

peugeot407

|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
    |> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)

Tilanus Commodor
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-27-08 08:39 PM EDT (US)     147 / 332       
    Hey sorry guys for reporting back, don't fall asleep.

Gonna show you two concept arts of Arcturus and FirePowa8 first:

©TAA 2008

The Legatus Legionis was the leader of a roman legion. He'll be a tactical unit only available from the homecity in later ages.

Akontistai are Hellenic skirmishers. They're light ranged infantry that fights archers. Available in Age II.

In the next weeks we are gonna open an own The Ancient Age Forum on ne.elpea.net. New material (Screenshots e.g.) will be released there first. Of course it'll be the place to discuss TAA, make suggestions or have a talk with the team.

Stay also tuned for a little unit presentation next days.

... and yupp! We still want people to join us! We even help people to help us! ^^

@peugeot407 - no problem, I already made him myself.

» Modding is art! «
    peugeot407
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-28-08 10:34 AM EDT (US)     148 / 332       
    Show it, show it!

Tilanus Commodor
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-31-08 08:04 AM EDT (US)     149 / 332       

The Eques (meaning »Rider«) is a relict of the glorious and successful cavalry of the Roman Kingdom. Only the rich could afford a horse and armour. The appearance of this cavalry as well as of infantry was still influenced by Hellenism.

Equites are available in the stable in Age II and will meet their old historical requirements of a support cavalry that was useful against light troops and raids against the civil population. The Eques in Age II is not only representing the strong and famous cavalry of the Roman kings, but the rather weak cavalry of the Republic as well.
    However, later on in Age IV the Eques will be affected by a change of armament that enlarges the amount of boni and benefits the effort to transform this unit into an acceptable allround-cavalry.

» Modding is art! «

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 05-31-2008 @ 08:06 AM).]

General_II
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-31-08 11:36 AM EDT (US)     150 / 332       
    Nice. The horse's roan color looks particularly awesome; you never see that anywhere.
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8 ··· 14  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames