You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.332 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 10-03-07 02:45 PM EDT (US)         
The Ancient Age is a Total Conversion Mod for Age Of Empires III TAD about the Ancient Times, which will be made by Tilanus Commodor & Ca Putt. Almost everyone of us started just with a minor basic knowledge, but we are developing ourselves. The Ancient Age is not an Age Of Mythology or Age Of Empires I Remake. Nevertheless the Age Of Empires Series is among other RTS-Games a true inspiration for us.

It is our aim to include five new civilisations: The Carthaginians, Celts, Hellenes, Persians and Romans. Besides we are willed to develop an unique gameplay, which will be a good contrast to other mods and the original game. This includes for example a new building & unit system. Since the modification's setting takes place in a completely different age you can expect a lot of new material. More details will be revealed when the time is better.

» Media «

The Romans

Bonus: Cheaper fortifications, 1 Hastatus/Barrack
Archaic Unit: Spearman 'Voluntarius'
Campaign: Legio VI Ferrata
Strengths:
Infantry & Siege equipment and versatility
Good Commanders
Weaknesses:
Medium Cavalry & Fleet
Expensive Archer support

Eques, Age II - Roman Lancer, good against light units, suitable for raids
Princeps, Age III 1st Upgrade of the Hastatus; Heavy Melee Infantry with ranged attack

The Hellenes

Bonus: Free Villagers & Scholars by Age Up
Archaic Unit: Slinger 'Sphendonotes'
Campaign: Macedonians
Strengths:
Balanced Army
Economy & Technology
Weaknesses:
Slow Core Army
Average Military Improvements
Realization of 'The Ancient Age'
To realize a huge project like The Ancient Age an active team is absolutely needed. Even if there is already a new active team, we'd like to extent the amount of workers to speed up the process of production. Therefore we are looking for new ambitious members, who want to learn fast and work practically.

We appreciate every new interested request, even if we have to refuse some people, they tried it and had the good intention to help us.
The more people work for our project, the faster will we finish it, simpliest logic, isn't it? So take your chance and prevent stagnation or a long periods of waiting. We support everyone who »really« wants to help us and is not just taking a look for two weeks. Thanks.

Free Jobs:
Texturers [no limit]
Coders [max.2]
Graphic Artists [no limit]
Concept Artists [no limit]
Co-Balancers [max.2]

Terms of Admission
Will to improve your abilities/will to work alone and with the Team
Appropriate expenditure of time for this project
Communicative availability (do not ignore PMs, MSN messages or emails)
some background knowledge
MSN

»Team«
We do that mod alone.

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 04-27-2009 @ 04:11 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-08 04:11 PM EDT (US)     176 / 332       
Hey guys,

sorry for having released no new stuff in the last month and I've bad news for you. We have a problem or clearer: I have a problem.

I'm really sick of being the only motor of the team and being forced to remotivate me over and over again. I know it's summer and I understand, that a lot of people are on vacation. However, this is also kind of a general problem. The activity and the progress, I've stopped working on TAA for a while and I'm not sure what the future will bring and if this project will have a future.

I can't say anything about the chance for a comeback, it's there, but don't count on it, I don't promise anything. If you have any questions you can still ask me or post on ne.elpea.net in our forum. If you want to help TAA you'll most probably have not as much support as I had it at odd times which was almost never as good as I wanted it.

Cheers.

» The Ancient Age | Napoleonic Era «

» Modding is art! «
DayoftheNinja
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-08 05:27 PM EDT (US)     177 / 332       
I would help, but I seem to be in about the same situation, good luck.

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
"It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
-Lord Tahattus
"Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
-invent00r
General_II
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-08 06:10 PM EDT (US)     178 / 332       
A shame TAA's paused, but that's summer for you.
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 08-14-08 08:54 AM EDT (US)     179 / 332       
Well, I keep having about the same problem with KnB. Concept Artists keep bringing up units to be textured, but sometimes I just don't have the motivation to start working on it. What I want to say is that I know how you feel, and I've experienced that taking a break is indeed the best thing to do in such a situation. I hope to see you back soon however, TAA promises to be such a great mod it really shouldn't stop existing.

peugeot407

|> Robert Faber (aka peugeot407)
|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)
|> January 2008 Modding Contest: first place!

When in doubt, flat out! (Colin McRae)
Markss
Skirmisher
posted 08-15-08 10:03 PM EDT (US)     180 / 332       
to peugeot: Does the concept art motivate to you? or I understand wrong????? mmmmm

to tilanus: I tried to work you but I think that the way of treating the others (yours) give you this bad situation. You called me stupid because I didnt understand when you talked to me in english. I admire peugeot and General II like a leaders (is different than Tilanus) and our k&B group because this is the best mod and very well formed group. (Strong and respectful)

[This message has been edited by Markss (edited 08-15-2008 @ 10:05 PM).]

General_II
Skirmisher
posted 08-15-08 10:52 PM EDT (US)     181 / 332       
Peugeot means that while you concept artists keep making stuff, he didn't keep pace for awhile.

[This message has been edited by General_II (edited 08-15-2008 @ 10:59 PM).]

Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 08-16-08 11:28 AM EDT (US)     182 / 332       
@Markss, you didn't understand anything at all, you simply didn't do what we expected you to do, you just made an unrealistic design and you had no idea how to implement it. We wanted a realistic, consistent design that you were able to implement.

What do you know about the way I treat the others, eh? Nothing! You never worked with our team, so don't even think you could have an opinion about our team work or the way I am and treat others.
All you did was talking to me - so I was also just talking to you, you can only judge what has been between us - and you simply failed, I said I don't like your work, but you still can't get over it, can you? Over and over again you want to complain, but you were the one who failed, not me. I said there's not a problem with you, but I didn't want you to continue working for me since I saw not enough potential in you and this is what you were never able to get over.

It was very hard to work with you since your English made it almost impossible. In addition you failed. The symbols and the designs you used were mostly senseless, simple placeholders, their meanings didn't fit. For instance I remember a scroll in medieval style, seriously - mistakes like these show me that you had no idea what you are doing, not enough background knowledge, bad english and an arrogant way to talk about your seemingly "innocent" behaviour and "good" design, which was horrible, but you're still mocking me for that.

You're a nut, you can't deal with the fact that you didn't get the approval you wanted, the approval you think you should have deserved for the work you've done, but you and your work just didn't deserve this kind of respect. Get over it and stop being such a sore kid.

» Modding is art! «
Markss
Skirmisher
posted 08-16-08 12:50 PM EDT (US)     183 / 332       
jajajajjajajajaja

This was my first work, I had to do the main screen of the mod:

oooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
IS VERY HORRIBLE ,and I think that the rooomaaann empire lived in the middle age in a street of Africa.
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 08-16-08 01:00 PM EDT (US)     184 / 332       
This is not your first try. This is the last version and it's still not good. Wrong font, where is the exit button? Ah! there! Do you know what that sign means? No, you don't. No one will know it, there won't be anybody who knows that this sign could mean "exit" and the thing is - it doesn't mean "exit" and there isn't any connection to "leave anything" at all. Look how you copied the helmet, the lower part of the helmet has bad quality. Most of the buttons have nice quality,but again - what's the meaning of these symbols in connection to their menu? And the background of the four buttons, well - it's one part duplicated, nothing more. The background itself has also bad quality, spongy contures and you call that "good" ?

Edit: I'll show you guys the first version:
Markss "Great" Main Menu

"Really Good" Markss. Don't mess with me. Take a look at the symbols. Longswords, the medieval book, the SPQR emblem (it's the MODERN emblem of Rome) and the "excellent" information that this is a "Mod for: AoE3" ... + the mistakes mentioned above.

btw - Markss bared me to use his "excellent" work... oh it's such a "pain" ...

» Modding is art! «

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 08-16-2008 @ 01:08 PM).]

General_II
Skirmisher
posted 08-16-08 01:26 PM EDT (US)     185 / 332       
Let's try to keep the personal messages to a minimum.

Markss has worked for us, but everything's a different fit...
Markss
Skirmisher
posted 08-16-08 01:51 PM EDT (US)     186 / 332       
Yes I did these two, and what????? what's the problem, the first work that we did, needs to have mistakes but in a little time I could correct it I remember. I dont like discuss more about this.

"good luck with your mod" (jajajajajajajajaja)
Krakenbits
Skirmisher
posted 08-16-08 02:52 PM EDT (US)     187 / 332       
I don't understand what the "jajajaja" things mean.
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 08-16-08 03:04 PM EDT (US)     188 / 332       
DO NOT USE MY.PHP! USE THE DIRECT LINK TO PREVENT POPUPS AND LONG LOADING TIMES!!!

(My frustration is gone now...)

No matter what Tilanus says , I think the Main Menu does just look awesome (apart from some blurry parts, but that's easily fixable). I don't know if it will work ingame this way, but if it will, that's another selling point for the mod...

peugeot407

*Edit: fixed typo*

|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)

[This message has been edited by peugeot407 (edited 08-16-2008 @ 03:07 PM).]

Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 08-16-08 03:26 PM EDT (US)     189 / 332       
DO NOT USE MY.PHP! USE THE DIRECT LINK TO PREVENT POPUPS AND LONG LOADING TIMES!!!
?
No matter what Tilanus says , I think the Main Menu does just look awesome (apart from some blurry parts, but that's easily fixable). I don't know if it will work ingame this way, but if it will, that's another selling point for the mod...
As I said the icons are nice, but that's IMO almost the only part. His idea was not bad, but he was not able to realize it correctly and he neither knew if it'd would work, this is one of the most silly things: Creating a concept and not having any idea if this will work or not, it could have been useless, but he wasn't interested at all.

It's not a big loss, not at all. I know I'm and probably others from my team are able to do a better menu than this one.

@KrakenBits - it's like "hahahaha" ..

» Modding is art! «

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 08-16-2008 @ 03:27 PM).]

Markss
Skirmisher
posted 08-16-08 03:41 PM EDT (US)     190 / 332       
Already I have motivated enough Tilanus in order that continue with his mod, jajajajajajajajjajaja
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 08-16-08 06:02 PM EDT (US)     191 / 332       
This is hardly constructive.

The HG forums aren't the place to discuss personal disagreements; this applies to all of you.

-General_II

no, really

» Modding is art! «

[This message has been edited by General_II (edited 08-17-2008 @ 12:47 PM).]

Mythos_Ruler
Skirmisher
posted 08-17-08 04:16 AM EDT (US)     192 / 332       
Markss, where did you get that image of the temple for the menu background? It's excellent.
Markss
Skirmisher
posted 08-17-08 09:27 AM EDT (US)     193 / 332       
yeah is very excelent, I dont remember where I found it (this work was made time ago), do you need it???
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 08-17-08 10:10 AM EDT (US)     194 / 332       
Could you please speak about that in another thread? Thanks.

» Modding is art! «
Krakenbits
Skirmisher
posted 08-17-08 01:48 PM EDT (US)     195 / 332       
Whoa, Mythos! When's AoA coming back?
Mythos_Ruler
Skirmisher
posted 08-26-08 05:33 PM EDT (US)     196 / 332       
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 08-27-08 01:24 PM EDT (US)     197 / 332       
I've stopped working on TAA for a while
peugeot407

Ca Putt
Skirmisher
posted 08-27-08 02:41 PM EDT (US)     198 / 332       
well as co-leader i would like to point out that we are still working on TAA just that Tilanus is just takeing a brake from the time intensive tasks(he still talks to us^^). but unfortunately we have a temporary Crew shortage and progress has slowed down but It did not stop, were still at it.
besides that I'm not intending to release evrything as soon as it's "done". eg. we already have loads of pre-test stats. but well who want's to see pre test stats :P
Mythos_Ruler
Skirmisher
posted 09-08-08 06:38 PM EDT (US)     199 / 332       
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-08 11:53 AM EDT (US)     200 / 332       
Yupp, a bit, but not that much, that it's worth mentioning it.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames