You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.332 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 14  Next Page »
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 10-03-07 02:45 PM EDT (US)         
The Ancient Age is a Total Conversion Mod for Age Of Empires III TAD about the Ancient Times, which will be made by Tilanus Commodor & Ca Putt. Almost everyone of us started just with a minor basic knowledge, but we are developing ourselves. The Ancient Age is not an Age Of Mythology or Age Of Empires I Remake. Nevertheless the Age Of Empires Series is among other RTS-Games a true inspiration for us.

It is our aim to include five new civilisations: The Carthaginians, Celts, Hellenes, Persians and Romans. Besides we are willed to develop an unique gameplay, which will be a good contrast to other mods and the original game. This includes for example a new building & unit system. Since the modification's setting takes place in a completely different age you can expect a lot of new material. More details will be revealed when the time is better.

» Media «

The Romans

Bonus: Cheaper fortifications, 1 Hastatus/Barrack
Archaic Unit: Spearman 'Voluntarius'
Campaign: Legio VI Ferrata
Strengths:
Infantry & Siege equipment and versatility
Good Commanders
Weaknesses:
Medium Cavalry & Fleet
Expensive Archer support

Eques, Age II - Roman Lancer, good against light units, suitable for raids
Princeps, Age III 1st Upgrade of the Hastatus; Heavy Melee Infantry with ranged attack

The Hellenes

Bonus: Free Villagers & Scholars by Age Up
Archaic Unit: Slinger 'Sphendonotes'
Campaign: Macedonians
Strengths:
Balanced Army
Economy & Technology
Weaknesses:
Slow Core Army
Average Military Improvements
Realization of 'The Ancient Age'
To realize a huge project like The Ancient Age an active team is absolutely needed. Even if there is already a new active team, we'd like to extent the amount of workers to speed up the process of production. Therefore we are looking for new ambitious members, who want to learn fast and work practically.

We appreciate every new interested request, even if we have to refuse some people, they tried it and had the good intention to help us.
The more people work for our project, the faster will we finish it, simpliest logic, isn't it? So take your chance and prevent stagnation or a long periods of waiting. We support everyone who »really« wants to help us and is not just taking a look for two weeks. Thanks.

Free Jobs:
Texturers [no limit]
Coders [max.2]
Graphic Artists [no limit]
Concept Artists [no limit]
Co-Balancers [max.2]

Terms of Admission
Will to improve your abilities/will to work alone and with the Team
Appropriate expenditure of time for this project
Communicative availability (do not ignore PMs, MSN messages or emails)
some background knowledge
MSN

»Team«
We do that mod alone.

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 04-27-2009 @ 04:11 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 09-21-08 06:48 PM EDT (US)     201 / 332       
Just wanted to mention that I'm back working on the mod again and that at the end of september a lot of people will definitely have to leave my team due to an unacceptable period of inactivity.

However, I have a job and my last school year has begun, so no promises on anything.

At the moment I'm just working with 3-4 dudes, if you have some sort of skill, contact us here.

Cheers

» The Ancient Age | Napoleonic Era «

» Modding is art! «
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 10-08-08 02:45 PM EDT (US)     202 / 332       
Hey folks,

it has been a long time since the last update. I felt the really strong need for a break from all that. The TAA team has always been some sort of lazy and inactive, the working core consisted always only of 1-3 members. At the end of September 2008 there was an intern deadline, work or get kicked. I had to kick about the half of the whole team, but I feel no difference which means that the time of these guys was already over before most of them were about to start. It's a pity that many people don't take this job seriously enough, I always offered to teach modding if you have the sense and the patience for that and we're always good for a laugh, but I'm not joking when I say "I want you to work, want you to help me with TAA!", cause help is what TAA needs most. I wanna thank Ca Putt, egel, Crumbo and Arcturus, who have always been some sort of a loyal core of this mod team and I hope any day I can say that about others as well. Now - we are back. We'll try to show you more of our work, but don't forget: more workers would mean more updates! ^^ No more words to say, I hope you enjoy:

» Modding is art! «
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 10-08-08 04:12 PM EDT (US)     203 / 332       
Gorgeous!!!

peugeot407

|> Robert Faber (aka peugeot407)
|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)
|> January 2008 Modding Contest: first place!

When in doubt, flat out! (Colin McRae)
Dieneces
Skirmisher
posted 10-14-08 03:17 AM EDT (US)     204 / 332       
Hey guys, I know I haven't been in here for ages, which I'm sorry about. I have been pretty busy with a lot of other things, mainly the course, and I guess I've been meaning to come and see how things were going but didn't do so.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that things are still going, and if it needs be, I'd love to keep helping out. The units look awesome so far, I'm really impressed.

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.

[This message has been edited by Dieneces (edited 10-14-2008 @ 03:26 AM).]

Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 10-14-08 01:09 PM EDT (US)     205 / 332       
Hey Dieneces,
I had to kick you since we didn't hear anything from you anymore. You were one of the last ppl I'd have liked to throw out, cause you have definitely been one of our most competent members, however there was a deadline and you were a member like everyone else. We'd appreciate your help, but one the side I feel really disappointed cause I can't believe that there was no chance at all informing me about your absence and on the other side it'd only make sense involving you again if you could spend more time on it more constantly. Otherwise I don't see a chance for you coming back, cause I'm really really sick of this working mentality.

Nevertheless, cool that you're here round again

» Modding is art! «
Dieneces
Skirmisher
posted 10-15-08 06:06 AM EDT (US)     206 / 332       
Yeah, I understand. I feel pretty bad about that.

Anyway, how is it all going?

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 10-15-08 08:50 PM EDT (US)     207 / 332       
Yeah, I understand. I feel pretty bad about that.
I'd like to give you a second chance, however I'd expect a bit more than occasional visits and especially reliability. Tell me, if you're interested and could redeem some essential rules.

Well, you might have read the last update (no, I'm sure you did), so after a long summer break we're back. There are new units and in the last past we've been working on the user interface (even success is rare), now we started with integrating our stuff into the code. egel is trying to make more detailed plans about the balance.

» Modding is art! «

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 10-15-2008 @ 08:51 PM).]

Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-08 01:12 AM EDT (US)     208 / 332       
Ancient Warships

Monoreme » Bireme » Trireme » Quadrireme » Quinquereme

The Ancient Age will come with only one type of warships. This has both, historical and technical reasons. There were hardly any other warships of any relevant importance and in view of technical modding limitations there's just one 3D-model that suits the shape of an Ancient warship. However, the Monoreme is different to the standard warships in AoE3. It can only carry 10 units, there is no broadside attack. You neither can't fish with it nor recruit units, however, you can cause a lot of damage by ramming hostile ships and attacking buildings and land units. Monoremes have a group bonus, that means like Tashunke Riders in AoE3 they are stronger in detachments. Prepare for big sea battles!

» Modding is art! «

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 10-30-2008 @ 01:14 AM).]

DayoftheNinja
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-08 08:10 AM EDT (US)     209 / 332       
Very nice work, I was hoping to see how you handled the warship problem.

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
"It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
-Lord Tahattus
"Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
-invent00r
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-08 04:34 PM EDT (US)     210 / 332       
I guessed you'd use the Galley, but with that (very good looking) eye on the front, it suddenly looks very much like real Greek and Roman warships.

peugeot407

|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)

Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-08 06:44 PM EDT (US)     211 / 332       
I guess I'm an awful drawer, I really suck at it cause I never learnt it. I had to use another image to get the right border of the eye. It was impossible for me selecting it freehand, however the eye of the Monoreme was drawn by me. Of course I've to show you, here is the Monoreme:

DayoftheNinja
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-08 10:07 PM EDT (US)     212 / 332       
Wow, I'm surprised, I didn't even notice the eyes the first time. Those are very well done, and you are making me thoroughly believe that most, if not all of your ships can be made off of one model and still look different.

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
"It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
-Lord Tahattus
"Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
-invent00r
lokomaniaco
Skirmisher
posted 11-02-08 01:34 PM EDT (US)     213 / 332       
I am noob in modding
Maybe I can help you

I wanna join the team
And wanna learn more !!!

Give me some job with xml (I'm good with proto anims techtrees tactics)

Thanks
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 11-02-08 03:04 PM EDT (US)     214 / 332       
You call yourself a noob, that's not a good sign at all - but as long as you have enough time,motivation and patience I'll teach you everything. We need definitely more ppl working, but I need to be sure that I'm not wasting my time with you.

From where are you coming? (cause of time zone) - and how old are you? (cause of reliability and professionality)

» Modding is art! «

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 11-02-2008 @ 03:06 PM).]

peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 11-02-08 03:39 PM EDT (US)     215 / 332       
I'm not mixing up with your team business, but I can barely keep my mouth shut about your problems with his age...

Ontopic: That Monoreme looks good! Maybe slightly worse than the Bireme, but it should, so you did a good job again!

peugeot407

lokomaniaco
Skirmisher
posted 11-02-08 03:45 PM EDT (US)     216 / 332       
I'm from Brazil and I'm fifteen

So if I can get in your project can I can start just 11/20 ???

And if I don't get in the project I will be the first to download this

Thank you a lot

[This message has been edited by lokomaniaco (edited 11-02-2008 @ 03:49 PM).]

Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 11-02-08 04:31 PM EDT (US)     217 / 332       
I know what you're meaning concerning the age, peugeot and I didn't say that there aren't any exceptions, but the majority of young people is just worse at having the necessary discipline and reliability than older people. I wanna say this is hard work and it's not like a pure fun thing, like all candy would fly to you like a butterfly.

Fifteen is okay. However, Brazil is a nightmare concerning time zones. You'd need to be very reliable cause I'm living in germany and are supposed to go to sleep when you stand up. Why do you wanna start on 11/20?

» Modding is art! «

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 11-02-2008 @ 04:32 PM).]

lokomaniaco
Skirmisher
posted 11-02-08 04:54 PM EDT (US)     218 / 332       
You are just right
People of my age don´t have discipline enough

I've thought better and I can't join your team I wish you the best for the mod

Thank you a lot for the opportunity
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 11-02-08 07:04 PM EDT (US)     219 / 332       
Sorry, I've already two guys from Mexico and it's hard to work with them effectively. I really don't think that'd be a good choice if you're not having some kind of extraordinary self-discipline and motivation.

» Modding is art! «
lokomaniaco
Skirmisher
posted 11-03-08 10:21 AM EDT (US)     220 / 332       
Ok

Good Luck
lokomaniaco
Skirmisher
posted 11-17-08 05:35 PM EDT (US)     221 / 332       
Have you started the persians ??
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 11-18-08 08:43 AM EDT (US)     222 / 332       
Nope

» Modding is art! «
Calatrava Knight
Skirmisher
posted 11-24-08 08:50 PM EDT (US)     223 / 332       
It sounds like a very dumb question but are you going to create a civ to replace each one in the game (expansions included)? Have you already decided what civs will be in the end?
Ca Putt
Skirmisher
posted 11-25-08 09:55 AM EDT (US)     224 / 332       
we will probably not create 14 civs. currently we are planning to include 5 civs (Romans, Hellens, Persians, Celts, Carthagians) as we only work on two civs at a time this may still change.
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 11-25-08 04:40 PM EDT (US)     225 / 332       
And I must say that considered each civ will be totally unique, so no shared units, 5 is much! As a comparison, KnB will have fourteen civs, but each civ (except Mongols) will have only two or three unique units...

peugeto407

« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 14  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames