You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.332 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age
« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14  Next Page »
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 10-03-07 02:45 PM EDT (US)         
The Ancient Age is a Total Conversion Mod for Age Of Empires III TAD about the Ancient Times, which will be made by Tilanus Commodor & Ca Putt. Almost everyone of us started just with a minor basic knowledge, but we are developing ourselves. The Ancient Age is not an Age Of Mythology or Age Of Empires I Remake. Nevertheless the Age Of Empires Series is among other RTS-Games a true inspiration for us.

It is our aim to include five new civilisations: The Carthaginians, Celts, Hellenes, Persians and Romans. Besides we are willed to develop an unique gameplay, which will be a good contrast to other mods and the original game. This includes for example a new building & unit system. Since the modification's setting takes place in a completely different age you can expect a lot of new material. More details will be revealed when the time is better.

» Media «

The Romans

Bonus: Cheaper fortifications, 1 Hastatus/Barrack
Archaic Unit: Spearman 'Voluntarius'
Campaign: Legio VI Ferrata
Strengths:
Infantry & Siege equipment and versatility
Good Commanders
Weaknesses:
Medium Cavalry & Fleet
Expensive Archer support

Eques, Age II - Roman Lancer, good against light units, suitable for raids
Princeps, Age III 1st Upgrade of the Hastatus; Heavy Melee Infantry with ranged attack

The Hellenes

Bonus: Free Villagers & Scholars by Age Up
Archaic Unit: Slinger 'Sphendonotes'
Campaign: Macedonians
Strengths:
Balanced Army
Economy & Technology
Weaknesses:
Slow Core Army
Average Military Improvements
Realization of 'The Ancient Age'
To realize a huge project like The Ancient Age an active team is absolutely needed. Even if there is already a new active team, we'd like to extent the amount of workers to speed up the process of production. Therefore we are looking for new ambitious members, who want to learn fast and work practically.

We appreciate every new interested request, even if we have to refuse some people, they tried it and had the good intention to help us.
The more people work for our project, the faster will we finish it, simpliest logic, isn't it? So take your chance and prevent stagnation or a long periods of waiting. We support everyone who »really« wants to help us and is not just taking a look for two weeks. Thanks.

Free Jobs:
Texturers [no limit]
Coders [max.2]
Graphic Artists [no limit]
Concept Artists [no limit]
Co-Balancers [max.2]

Terms of Admission
Will to improve your abilities/will to work alone and with the Team
Appropriate expenditure of time for this project
Communicative availability (do not ignore PMs, MSN messages or emails)
some background knowledge
MSN

»Team«
We do that mod alone.

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 04-27-2009 @ 04:11 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 04-08-10 11:38 AM EDT (US)     326 / 332       
Look in my profile...

Or just click here

Robert

|> Robert Faber (aka peugeot407)
|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)
|> January 2008 Modding Contest: first place!

When in doubt, flat out! (Colin McRae)
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 04-08-10 11:47 AM EDT (US)     327 / 332       
Alright darling, my love letters will arrive soon! harhar

» The Ancient Age | Napoleonic Era «

» Modding is art! «
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 04-08-10 11:54 AM EDT (US)     328 / 332       
Never mind a public humiliation harhar

peugeot407

PS: Downloaded and installed it, now playing...

|> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
|> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)

Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 04-08-10 11:58 AM EDT (US)     329 / 332       
You got (accidentally) two love letters.
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 04-08-10 12:09 PM EDT (US)     330 / 332       
I would have said thanks, but say it this way and you can forget it...

Robert

PS: I don't know what you tried to do with the Age4 Hellenic Docks, but it doesn't look quite right.

Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 04-15-10 03:28 PM EDT (US)     331 / 332       
Thanks rob, I got your mail. I'll include the loader in the next release, will it also install the files into the My Games directory?

Already fixed the dock. =)
------------------------------------------------

I decided to replace the Etruscan Hoplite - which was an Roman archaic unit in age 1 - with a more accurate unit. You know, the Etruscans were indeed Rome's enemies, so this doesn't really make sense to have enemies available for recruitment. Check out the new one!

The Italic Ensiferus (pl. ensiferi) is a heavy swordsman coming from any place of the italic peninsula. The name derives from the latin word ensifer which means 'sword-carrying'. His panoply is influenced by Hellenes, he uses a kopis blade, wears linen armour (linothorax) reinforced with scale metal plates and carries a painted shield (aspis).

Swords were actually not as common as spears back then when Rome was still a kingdom, but several italic tribes already deployed great swordsmen and the rising power in italy - Rome - hired, adopted them and then improved this type of hand-to-hand combat for their own sake.

In TAA the Italic Ensiferus serves as excellent infantry counter, who's also blessed with a bonus against other archaic units. However, his services are not for free, indeed the Ensiferus is an expensive unit that exacts for food and money!

» The Ancient Age | Napoleonic Era «

» Modding is art! «
peugeot407
Skirmisher
posted 04-16-10 06:33 AM EDT (US)     332 / 332       
I'm sorry I haven't been able to test it properly, but the Mod Loader is programmed to change both the Program Files and My Games directories.

peugeot407

PS: The Ensiferus looks great!

« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames