You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.38 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age of Empires III: War of the Triple Alliance - Gamma 1.0
Bottom
Topic Subject:Age of Empires III: War of the Triple Alliance - Gamma 1.0
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Lord Tahattus
Supreme Emperor
posted 09-10-11 10:33 AM EDT (US)         
Team WotTA proudly presents...

Gamma 1.0

The greatest modification for Age of Empires III

The Team & Others
Programming
Tahattus, Hoop Thrower, Dayoftheninja, Musketeer925

Textures and User Interface
Tahattus, Jangomango, Sziggi, Matthew Sher, Tilanus Commodor, Betelgeuse77, Peugeot407

Modelling
Arcalion, Zany76, Jangomango

Random Maps
Sufjanfan, Tahattus, RF_Gandalf, Shayne Thiessen, Felix Hermansson, AOE_Fan

Research and Bug Finding
Chris17, Takatmo Yereoc, Musketeer925

Intro Theme
Custergrant
What you should know before installing War of the Triple Alliance:

• The mod requires the original Age of Empires III and its both expansion packs, The WarChiefs and The Asian Dynasties.
  • The mod requires also that you update TAD to 1.03 - without the patch, it's impossible to play the mod.
  • You must have a clean install of the game, without any mod installed. WotTA is not compatible with any other mod, not even WotTA's previous versions.
  • WotTA auto-installs, for your convenience.
  • WotTA is free and must not be sold.
  • WotTA has been made by fans - and has many bugs that should be pointed out to be fixed in the upcoming patches.
  • WotTA modifies your game permanently. You must reinstall the game entirely whenever you want to play the clean version of the game.
  • WotTA cannot be played on ESO, but can on Hamachi, Gameranger and lan games.

Download Links

War of the Triple Alliance adds/replaces the following:
  • 9 new civilizations have been added: Brazilians, Paraguayans, Colombians, Argentines, Mexicans, Americans, Canadians, Tupi and Koreans.
  • 40 new random maps have been included. The WotTA-only ones can be found in the main list; the others, by clicking on "Custom Maps" at the skirmish screen.
  • 9 new Native Settlements can appear on the new maps. They are: Bandeirante, Republiqueta, Quilombola, Guarani, Guaicuru, Aymara, Pirate, Order of Christ and Sertanejo.
  • Age up to a brand new age: The Great War age. At age V you can research a new tech, Great War, that will enable World War I-themed units such as zeppelins, airplanes, dreadnoughts, tanks, and several new techs.
  • Two brand new cultures: Latin Americans and North Americans. Each with an exclusive gameplay!
  • Church completely redesigned. When playing as Europeans, Latin Americans or North Americans, you can adopt a religion and enable the redesigned priest and multiple religion-specific techs! There are 10 different religions to choose.
  • Revolutionaries redesigned. New bonuses, new politicians, new units!
  • Spies completely redesigned. Now available to all civs but Latin Americans, use them to attack stealthy in several ways.

Known bugs:

• The infamous "replacetexture bug". Video cards with low RAM memory wont show new textures when you get to industrial age, and some buildings, specially WW1 ones, will appear black. If you're getting this bug, you can save the same, close the game and then load the saved game. RAM will be refreshed and you'll see textures again.
  • You can't create a Korean HC, or old civs HCs. You need to load saved games with them that I've prepared earlier.
  • Screenshots for everyone!

[JPEG, (380.46 KB)]
    [JPEG, (373.92 KB)]
    [JPEG, (334.58 KB)]
    [JPEG, (289.28 KB)]
    [JPEG, (373.25 KB)]
    [JPEG, (322.88 KB)]
    [JPEG, (354.50 KB)]
    [JPEG, (278.71 KB)]
    [JPEG, (392.30 KB)]
    [JPEG, (306.78 KB)]
    [JPEG, (257.16 KB)]
    [JPEG, (366.33 KB)]
    [JPEG, (309.78 KB)]

Videos too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbQeYmWGpoY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFWsc0zY4IA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCHP7Q_dgM0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO2NKWLoNXY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mytRvCi_NQA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_e2CvsHFn8

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
    WOTTA WEBSITE!
    War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
    Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
    TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!

[This message has been edited by Lord Tahattus (edited 09-11-2011 @ 05:19 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
    Huanglukuzhu
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-04-11 09:02 AM EDT (US)     26 / 38       
    I see my Age of Dynasties Korean units in WoTTA, while all of them has no textures.
    javi_suarez
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-11-11 00:53 AM EDT (US)     27 / 38       
    Has anyone gotten Wotta to work on Mac?

I've read the instructions as carefully as possible and even tried two copies of AoE3 making sure everything I did was correct to the instructions on the download.

The game goes through the opening videos then a window stating 'initialization failed' comes up. It's rather disappointing since I was so excited for this.. Anyone know the solution?

i'm on 2.4GHz intel core 2 Macbook with Snow Leopard OS
    peugeot407
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-11-11 11:01 AM EDT (US)     28 / 38       
    iliander got it to work on Mac. As such, I think you stand more of a chance getting an answer here.

peugeot407

|> Robert Faber (aka peugeot407)
    |> Humble Creator of: Knights and Barbarians, Danish Civ Mod, Several Tutorials and the Tutorial Database
    |> November 2007 Modding Contest: 2nd place (me: 360 pts, Captain_Soanso: 365 pts!)
    |> January 2008 Modding Contest: first place!

When in doubt, flat out! (Colin McRae)
    mauritos
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-13-11 07:07 AM EDT (US)     29 / 38       
    excelent mod

1 when i research great war town centar became black
    2 tenk dont shoot??
    3 will ww1 animation be reworked to shoot from all canons,and will canons rotate in shootnig direction??
    Lord Tahattus
    Supreme Emperor
    posted 10-17-11 07:56 AM EDT (US)     30 / 38       
    Everything is explained at our forums...

1 the visual bug of the TC is expected to any mod.
    2 tank needs to be put on shooting mode.
    3 not possible

WOTTA WEBSITE!
    Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
    TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
    Gogo98
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-18-11 00:19 AM EDT (US)     31 / 38       
    do you need any expansion mod or stuff to install WotTA or only TAD and TWC?

"Boredom is a great motivator."
    "if a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
    "Woman are meant to be loved, not to be understood".

ESO: gogo98 ADDDD MEEEEEE
    Lord Tahattus
    Supreme Emperor
    posted 10-21-11 04:13 PM EDT (US)     32 / 38       
    In order to install wotta you need TWC, TAD and update 1.03 for TAD.

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
    PieLighter
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-25-11 04:35 PM EDT (US)     33 / 38       
    I got the TC bug but there are no words to describe the amazingness of the mod. I set the map to random (from the WotTA maps) and it chose Deathly Hollows, with me (Brits) vs AI (Kaiser). I have to say, that native guy was freaking me out slightly and as soon as that Dulluan thing appeared, I just knew that I'm lucky that I am a turtle player. So I shot the crap out of him with my muskets (behind the walls of course) then he mysteriously died.
    Noticed a bug though - Germans built a second TC right next to a tree, and Mr Death somehow managed to get stuck between them. This must have resulted in his death script committing suicide as he didn't die when the sun came back up. I set some Crushingtons on him to keep him still (as if he was dead) while I attacked the Germans with my awesome GW army.
    Was this meant to happen or just a bug?

Found that chlorine doesn't work on Dulluan, which was strange. Possibly being burned up in his fire.

Also, what is the purpose of the mechanised centre building if it only gives (advanced) cavalry upgrades? The icon implies cars or other vehicles, as does the building model. At least the other GW buildings give OP units, unless these vehicles are from a different civ?

Anyway, fantastic mod, it's a must-download for any AoE3 player!

EDIT: One last thing - while going through the units in the scenario editor I couldn't help but notice something called "Atomic Explosion". How do I nuke my enemy's city in a RM game?
    It would be incredibly inappropriate to play as Americans and use it on Japan...

[This message has been edited by PieLighter (edited 10-25-2011 @ 04:58 PM).]

musketeer925
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-25-11 06:49 PM EDT (US)     34 / 38       
    I did the trigger scripting to get Dullahan's "AI" working. I'm really glad for some feedback on this map, but I do have a few questions, if you don't mind:

1. How long did the Dullahan last at your base before he mysteriously died? We may have to up his lifetime.

2. Did he get stuck between the TC and the tree or the two TCs? What was he doing?

And it's possible he didn't die this time because he dies the first two nights, then the third he stays forever.

3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how intelligent did Dullahan seem? Any suggestions on ways he could possibly be improved?

[This message has been edited by musketeer925 (edited 10-25-2011 @ 06:49 PM).]

Lord Tahattus
    Supreme Emperor
    posted 10-25-11 08:48 PM EDT (US)     35 / 38       
    I'm so happy to hear such nice words from a player.

1) Currently, that building has no new "modern" unit, only the usual units you'd have (artillery, i think) plus the GW techs (black icons).

2) The atomic explosion was just me toying around. I never managed to succesfully code an atomic bomb that would work as I wished. Anyway, such bombs are too recent to appear in WotTA, whose timeline goes up to 1920~

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
    PieLighter
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-26-11 00:56 AM EDT (US)     36 / 38       
    1) A few minutes.
    2) Yes, between a tree and the 2nd TC. He was just stuck, quickly changing direction on the spot rather than attacking the TC and making noises that sound like a ghost from Scooby Doo.
    3) I noticed that when my muskets were shooting him he just stood there rather than attack the walls (not very intelligent but I see it as a good thing). Similar when he was being shot by the enemy explorer, at least until he spammed a few Uhlans, who were promptly destroyed.
    On the first night he spawned, he came and raided my villies who were hunting Christmas dinner. (outside the walls)
    I would say a 7 or 8, I can't imagine how difficult it would be to code an AI like this in an RMS.

Any chance you could make the night a bit shorter? The day feels comparatively short and in the night lighting you can't see a thing (for atmosphere?).

One last thing for the mod itself - my Lord, could you make it so that you can build walls on trade routes, similar to Update Pack 5? I enjoy having a trading post within my fort, without any vulnerabilities due to trade routes, such as gaps in walls.

[This message has been edited by PieLighter (edited 10-26-2011 @ 03:46 AM).]

musketeer925
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-26-11 04:12 PM EDT (US)     37 / 38       
    Thanks, Pie. It seems he's having issues with killing walls, then. I'll look into that... Also, I think I know what was causing the running back and forth, and I have an idea to fix that, too (even if it involves almost entirely recoding his AI, it will make him much smarter).

Perhaps we'll change the lightset so you can see a bit better at night, too.

[This message has been edited by musketeer925 (edited 10-26-2011 @ 04:14 PM).]

PieLighter
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-27-11 05:14 AM EDT (US)     38 / 38       
    Tahattus, I noticed a few infantry units in WotTA with the ability to chop wood. Before I downloaded WotTA I was trying something along the same lines, but it isn't working very well. Any chance you could have a look at it please? It's in another thread. At least, from this mod, I know that it's possible, so something is wrong with my coding.

Did another RM game w/ Brits vs Tupi (Hard I think) on Barrier Mountain. The Tupi didn't seem very intelligent, they kept their army in the base, perhaps sending one man to the pass which I had heavily guarded (walls, muskets, longbows, rockets, falcs and culvs). Their whole army did not move to attack once, so I gassed them.

Also, after a while, (about 50 mins IIRC) the sound stops working. Unit sounds, music, even the main menu. Not a problem with my PC as sound is working if I exit the game. I've done about 5 or 6 supremacy games with this mod and the sound has died on the 2 most recent games, when I was attacking the enemy with a GW army. Doesn't happen on the stock version of TAD, update pack 5 etc (I have multiple different installs). When I exit after a sound crash, I have to kill the process in task manager before I can run the game again.

[This message has been edited by PieLighter (edited 10-27-2011 @ 05:35 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames