Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » .BAR issues
Bottom
Topic Subject:.BAR issues
Deus oSAS
Skirmisher
posted 10-27-19 04:01 PM EDT (US)         
I've recently created a primitive version of my mod and I wanted to make it available to download but I got stuck since it appears I need to create a new .bar file. Do I need a special program or just Archive viewer/file converter? And if I modify xmls files in a backup of the original game, that .exe should load these, not the vanilla right?
AuthorReplies:
murdilator
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-19 10:26 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
I had problems with this too and the only way I new how to make my mod work was to include all the little extracted files in the download.
Deus oSAS
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-19 03:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Could you be more specific on how to make the .exe open my modded files instead of the vanilla ones please? (Like, where do I put my Art, Data and Sound folders in order make them opened by the original exe?)
GeneralBeaumont
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-19 02:42 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
I personally have a backup of the game in a separate folder and mod the game in the original folder where it was first installed. That means I can't really answer your question on which files will the .exe in the separate folder read, I never tried. But as for the original directory you just need to put the extracted modded files in the folder where their original place was in a .bar file.
Example: You modify a .tactics file, that was originally in the Data.bar file that's in the general "data" folder. So you just need to make a folder "Data" (so the name of this folder is the same as the .bar file the .tactics file came from) in the general folder "data", and in that folder you place the .tactics file.
That way the game will load the correct modded file. It's a pretty messy tutorial I'm aware of that, but if you understand it you should be golden.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames