You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Iroquois artillery: Change from wood to food/gold cost.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Iroquois artillery: Change from wood to food/gold cost.
joelkad
Skirmisher
posted 03-10-20 08:10 AM EDT (US)         
Hi, guys. I play with Update Pack mod, and I have modded various lines for personal taste. Right now, all native settlers cost 0 pop. So they can catch up some late game with european factions. But, I've noticed during late game, Iroquois need too much wood. The only resouce that can't be obtained by farms. So, this is my question: Could I use one TechCard from the HomeCity (there's one that reduce population cost) for changing the wood cost into food/gold cost?
AuthorReplies:
murdilator
Skirmisher
posted 03-10-20 03:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
You need to add a line of code in the Protoy for each unit that you want to modify via tech.

A 0 in coin cost for Tomahawks after the wood cost would do. Then "Assign" resource 0.00 wood, and 25.00 for gold.

You can do this for each unit: change cost take from CheapBarracksTeam, and Wood Cost percent to either base percent, or Assign as mentioned above.

I am working on a map where I make Iroquois Units take less wood or food and also where I enable Mango Groves and have grove wagons available. You don't need a mod when you have a map!
joelkad
Skirmisher
posted 03-10-20 08:43 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Thanks! This is what I have done:

In Techtreey (TAD),
on the SiegeDiscipline tech card, I added the lines:

Effect type='Data' amount='0.00' subtype='Cost' resource='Wood' relativity='Assign'>
Target type='ProtoUnit'>xpMantlet
Effect type='Data' amount='75.00' subtype='Cost' resource='Food' relativity='Absolute'>
Target type='ProtoUnit'>xpMantlet
Effect type='Data' amount='0.00' subtype='Cost' resource='Wood' relativity='Assign'>
Target type='ProtoUnit'>xpLightCannon
Effect type='Data' amount='100.00' subtype='Cost' resource='Food' relativity='Absolute'>
Target type='ProtoUnit'>xpLightCannon
Target type='ProtoUnit'>xpRam
Effect type='Data' amount='120.00' subtype='Cost' resource='Gold' relativity='Absolute'>
Target type='ProtoUnit'>xpRam

Worked fine.
But I played against 3 european enemies, and Iroquois units in late game are just... so weak. I needed many horsemen, and they also cost wood. So I'm thinking changing that too.

[This message has been edited by joelkad (edited 03-10-2020 @ 08:47 PM).]

murdilator
Skirmisher
posted 03-11-20 04:36 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
You can change Tomahawk cost to 50 food, 25 wood if you like.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames