You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Enable Russian musketters to build Blockhouses.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Enable Russian musketters to build Blockhouses.
joelkad
Skirmisher
posted 03-12-20 09:00 AM EDT (US)         
Hi. Russian musketeers can build Forts with National Redoubt card from HomeCity. So I modded the card so Blockhouses are enabled too.

In Techtreey, NationalRedoubt original lines are these:

Effect type='Data' action='Build' amount='1.00' subtype='ActionEnable' relativity='Absolute'
Target type='ProtoUnit'>Musketeer</Target
/Effect
Effect type='TextOutput'>47086</Effect
Effect type='Data' amount='1.00' subtype='AddTrain' unittype='FortFrontier' relativity='Absolute'
Effect type='Data' amount='1.00' subtype='BuildLimit' relativity='Absolute'
Target type='ProtoUnit'>FortFrontier
/Effect
/Effects

I added these lines:

Effect type='Data' amount='1.00' subtype='AddTrain' unittype='Blockhouse' relativity='Absolute'

In game, my russian musketeers get the Blockhouse enabled and selectable. But I can only place the pre-building, and they don't build it. They just walk to the center of the pre-building.

Do I need to modify any other lines? Sorry for bad english.
AuthorReplies:
murdilator
Skirmisher
posted 03-13-20 05:58 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
The musket bayonet.tactics file allows construction or barracks, stables, artillery foundries, and forts for musketeers, but I think you need to add it in there after you unpack the tactics file with AOE3ED.

I tried this many years ago so its either in the tactics file or in the musketeer art file. Good luck!
joelkad
Skirmisher
posted 03-14-20 07:54 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Thanks, murdilator!
I just modded the russian "Blockhouse Cannon" tech card and added Fort in the code lines, so now Forts can train falconets and mortars.

I wanted musketeers to build blockhouses so I could make use of the russian mortar upgrade card. So now I only need to build a Fort and done.

These are the lines I modded:
In techtreey, under the lines from "HCBlockhouseCannon", I added:

Effect type='Data' amount='1.00' subtype='AddTrain' unittype='Falconet' relativity='Absolute'
Target type='ProtoUnit'>FortFrontier</Target
/Effect
Effect type='Data' amount='1.00' subtype='AddTrain' unittype='Mortar' relativity='Absolute'
Target type='ProtoUnit'>FortFrontier</Target
/Effect
murdilator
Skirmisher
posted 03-14-20 10:22 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Great! Well done!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames