You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » any new mods for age of empires 3?
Bottom
Topic Subject:any new mods for age of empires 3?
Doomguy117
Skirmisher
posted 07-30-20 09:18 PM EDT (US)         
any new mods or mods being worked on?

is there a middle earth mod for age of empries 3 or no?

any other fantasy mods for age of empries 3?
AuthorReplies:
AlistairJah
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-20 04:16 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
1. The most actively updated mod right now is Improvement Mod. It is updated as soon as an improvement can be made, no matter what kind of improvement it is (like fixing bugs, implementing pro feedbacks, etc). It's normal that it's rarely heard of, since the dev guy doesn't really like making pretty advertisements etc. But the community is quite active in Discord: https://discord.gg/hbJbVh4

2. The second most actively updated mod is Wars of Liberty, and is the "best" mod of AOE3 according to ModDB users (ignore them if you don't acknowledge the ranking of ModDB). Its community is the most active out there, with streamers, tournaments, volunteers, and much more activities. Discord is where they are the most active: https://discord.gg/JtdT7gW

3. There's also Struggle of Indonesia that has been updated recently. See on ModDB

The ESO Community considers that their mods are patches... But it's a mod. It's far more active than the two above: https://eso-community.net/

They are also on Discord (see the invite link in their website).

The rest of AOE3 mods that are still active or under development are hosted in Wars of Liberty's Discord server. Just join the Discord of WoL and find them:

* Age of Empires 1 HD
* The Native Empires (formerly Refinement Mod)
* Ancient Empires (hasn't been updated since about one year and half, but still not dead)
* No Middle Ground (Game of Thrones, the devs are mostly devs of WoL...)
* Galactic Conflict (Star Wars, not yet released)
* Wars of Middle Earth (Lord of the Rings, hasn't been heard of since more than three years, but the devs are still modding it slowly)

The rest are "abandonware" now:
* Hundred Days
* Age of Dynasties
* AOE3: Unleashed (a meme mod... related to the frequent questions of those who want bugged features like fort walls and unlimited population)
Doomguy117
Skirmisher
posted 08-03-20 12:06 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
so you can now play age of empres 1 in aoe3?

any idea when the wars of middle earth will have new update since thats still going? im assumign thats the only middle earth mod in devolpment?

nice to see star wras mod for it.

what is ancient empries? mod to play past civilizations/ but with swords or guns?

im assuming the natives mpire are mayans an etc type tribes in the mod?

so im assuming the devs of wars in the middle earth are in the discord as well?

[This message has been edited by Doomguy117 (edited 08-03-2020 @ 12:06 PM).]

AlistairJah
Skirmisher
posted 08-03-20 01:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Yes, I guess? It's a mix of AOE1 and AOE3.
any idea when the wars of middle earth will have new update since thats still going?
Short answer: no.
Long answer: the LotR mod has been on a hiatus from 2016 to 2019, there's been a tiny activity, then it went silent again. It was supposed to be released after I finished coding its CPAI, but I had a bunch of personal problems so I stopped modding. I have no idea what's going to happen next.
Yes. He's all alone by himself in the "dev team", and is extremely rarely online.
im assumign thats the only middle earth mod in devolpment?
Yes
(...)
Well, https://www.moddb.com/games/age-of-empires-iii-the-asian-dynasties/mods
Doomguy117
Skirmisher
posted 08-03-20 04:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Quoted from Doomguy117:

Yes, I guess? It's a mix of AOE1 and AOE3.

interesting.

i keep my eye on taht one. i wodner if they do number two? so all 3 games in one.

Short answer: no.
Long answer: the LotR mod has been on a hiatus from 2016 to 2019, there's been a tiny activity, then it went silent again. It was supposed to be released after I finished coding its CPAI, but I had a bunch of personal problems so I stopped modding. I have no idea what's going to happen next.

Quoted from Doomguy117:

Yes. He's all alone by himself in the "dev team", and is extremely rarely online.

thats unforunate you had personal problemms. but, im glad your doing well now.

whats his username on discord?

anyidea when Ancient empries will be released?
AlistairJah
Skirmisher
posted 08-06-20 03:57 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
whats his username on discord?
lol this is a public place... My username is AlistairJah#3399. DM me and I'll tell you his username.
anyidea when Ancient empries will be released?
If you forced me to be honest, I'd estimate it to be... never Mate, I don't know. Go to WoL's server, they have a channel dedicated for Acient Empires (Ancient Empires' devs are also WoL devs)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames