Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of empires 3 .bar files
posted 11-26-21 12:16 PM EDT (US)   
Hi everyone.
I'm trying to do something very simple.
I installed Age of empires 3 Asian Din and I wanted to do something simple (for proof).
I wanted to start Portuguese civilization with 800 of wood. First I unpacked the DataPY.bar file in bin folder.
Inside I have modified the civs.xml and the homecity Portuguese.xml.
I reformed the datay and put it back in place of the old one. The game doesn't start saying "initialization failed".
So I removed this change and put the original dataPY file.
I went to BIN / DATA and changed the data3.bar (I thought it was the right one, because I want to play with asian dynastis). I did the same thing, edited civs and homecity then reformatted the Data3.bar file and replaced the original file in bin / data. It gives me the same mistake as before.
I can't understand what I'm doing wrong.
I'm using Resource Manager 0.4 and I use the right settings (I use Age 3 2007, not the DE). Help. Thanks

edit:
Guys I solved sorry

[This message has been edited by EdoTuriya (edited 11-26-2021 @ 03:37 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-11-22 02:52 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1  
It is enough if you extract just the files you want to change, there is no need to pack them back in a new *.bar file.

If you happen to have steam version xmb files are prefered over xml files. If you have CD Version it is the other way (so you want to just put the xml files at the right place)

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age of empires 3 .bar files
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames