Strategy Central

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress Strategy
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 9  Next Page »
posted 04-11-06 03:07 AM EDT (US)   
BWKiC - The "Black Watch Kick in the Crotch"

This is an article describing a British Fast Fortress strategy. It includes a build order and 5 4 recorded games. (And yes, it works great in 1.06. Edit: nerfed in 1.08!)

Patch 1.08 \ Warchiefs update Beware the rush! With the FF nerfed and out of favor and the rush much more common, a straight FF is risky and requires careful planning. You may now find the strategy better to pull off in team games or in situations where you must counter an opponent's FF. For the time being, the FF is quite out of fashion, so be careful -- most games you'll get rushed. But hey, who knows? Maybe the FF will be back in business next patch!

Patch 1.06 update (with 1 recording!): Oh, it is on! 1.06 brought several British bonuses \ enemy civ nerfs that should improve this strat even further! I certainly won't start shouting "OP" just yet, but let's just say that this patch fills me with a sense of well-being. My belief is that aggressive BWKiC may now be correct in many situations. I believe Britain can now be played extremely aggressively. I think our patience as British players has at last paid off!

1.06 Single-Player Recording
Here's a recorded game from 1.06! This is against the Sandbox AI to demonstrate BWKiC v2.0. It features:

• 6:57 Fortress time
  • 8 Black Watch + 2 Falconets at 7:41 (faster than 1.05!!)
  • 17 Black Watch + 2 Falconets at 9:47 (*)
  • Me managing to lose 1 Highlander to the Sandbox AI. It's worth watching just to see this n00bidity in action. It's so bad it almost takes skill.
    (*) - It would have been 17 Black Watch if the AI hadn't killed one. So in reality it was 16. But 1 was with us in spirit.

I'll try to post the build order for this soon, but I will mention that I went with 1 less villager and used Ossian's enhancement of producing vills during colonial.

Main Article:
    Having trouble with the British? Eaten alive by that Spanish fast fortress? Wondering what keeps you coming back time and time again to such an underpowered civ as the Brits? Maybe it's time for a little help from the Black Watch!

I've tried colonial warfare, I've tried to boom... but both approaches seem doomed in the current FF and shipment-dominated gameplay. Playing with Brits was destroying my record and there seemed to be no way to make the wood-heavy, sluggish Brits get off the ground. What was wrong with them? What was wrong with me?

But giving up is for people who actually care about their record. Not I! To paraphrase Mokon, you get a lot further if you blame yourself than if you blame the civ.

So I sat down and I studied the Brits, wondering what could make their Fast Fortress competitive. I noticed that they had the following things going for them:

• The 2 falconet card, an excellent card indeed.
  • The opportunity to create 8 Black Watch highlanders from the church VERY quickly. Highlanders are great anti-cav units and all-around bruisers.
  • The Black Watch will always be delivered, even when you don't have enough houses. (This is critical!)
  • The Black Watch are delivered in seconds, unlike conventional merc shipments, which take 1 full minute.
  • The Thin Red Line is also available from the church.
  • Excellent economic recovery due to the manor boom.

It is this combination of highlanders and falconets that is the basis of BWKiC. With good luck and a good map, you can get this lethal combination out anywhere from 7:20 (on Carolina), but typically around 7:45-8:15 in the heat of battle.

To pull this off, you MUST get a trading post ASAP, and you must perform a solid fast fortress. The advanced church must be shipped during the age to fortress, and the falconet card must be shipped as soon as you hit fortress. Even though you will not have sufficient housing, you can still research the Black Watch, and miracle of miracles, they still show up (presumably to sleep in boxes under an overpass.)

That's it -- the rest is all based off of that. There are 2 styles of BWKiC -- the aggressive style and the defensive style. In the aggressive style, we will sneak a forward tower to the enemy base and attempt to bring this highlander + falc combo right to the enemy's door as close to pre-8:00 as possible.

First some warnings: this aggressive approach is not always effective against Spain or Germany -- you may sometimes prefer the defensive BWKiC. And above all, never attempt this strat on a map without trading posts (i.e. bayou.)

Without further ado, here is my typical build order for the aggressive BWKiC: Note: Will be updated for 1.06 as soon as I can.

1. 3 vills to hunts and 3 to food crates. Note that if animals are close enough, you do not need to herd on your first shot. Queue villagers!
    2. Collect wood crates once food crates exhausted. Once done, move 1 crate collector to hunts. You now have 4 hunters total. (down from the 5 recommended in patch 1.05, due to extra food crate.)
    3. Remaining crate collector must build a house. Set your TC gather point to wood. You will now begin gathering wood for a trading post.
    4. All new vills go to wood until you have the 250 necessary for a trading post. Build the trading post ASAP with your explorer (as he is fastest at this.) EVERYONE now moves to food, including TC gather point.
    5. First card: 3 villagers
    6. Stop producing villagers at 16 (down from 17 in patch 1.05) (including the ones from your card.) Eat, eat, eat. Strongly consider eating some livestock (i.e. sheep and cattle) if you feel it will speed you up here.
    7. Age up as soon as you have 800 food with your chosen politician. For aggressive BWKiC, we will choose The Governor for 1 tower + 200 gold.
    8. Make sure you have 100 gold before reaching colonial. If you do not, task 3-4 villagers to it until you do, then have them go back to food.
    9. Queue 2 more villagers during the transition to colonial (for a total of 18.) Many thanks to Ossian for this great suggestion!
    10. As soon as you hit colonial, play your 2nd card: 700 gold. Gather this gold, along with the 200 gold from aging up ASAP. Place your aggressive tower near the enemy base in a hidden spot.
    11. Go to fortress. I prefer to age up with The Admiral of the Ocean Sea, who gives you 400 wood and a caravel. Queue one and only one villager to the town center. (We don't want to max our pop -- we still need to ship falconets.)
    12. During the transition to fortress, place roughly 10 on food and 8 on wood, depending on your needs. Your goal: 250 wood a bit before fortress, and 1000 food shortly after that.
    13. As soon as you are able, play your 3rd card: The Glorious Revolution (advanced church card.) As soon as you have 250 wood, build a church (before you hit fortress.)
    14. You have now hit fortress age. You should have another shipment ready (thanks to your trading post.) Ship your 4th card: 2 Falconets.
    15. Call the Black Watch from your church. Do NOT do this before you have shipped falconets. You will be over pop limit, but you can still call the Black Watch (it's magic!) Set the shipment arrival point to your aggressive tower. Also, try to get your caravel either fishing, whaling, or perhaps even harrassing for an econ boost.
    16. Attack with 8 highlanders + 2 falconets (if performing aggressive BWKiC.) Optional: Research The Thin Red Line at the church for extra hitpoints at the cost of speed. Great for a defensive BWKiC, a toss-up for an aggressive BWKiC.
    17. Begin pouring on military shipments of your choice while house booming at home. Keep 5 villagers on food to constantly produce from TC and build houses quick as you can! All new vills go to wood until you no longer wish to house boom. Quick production of houses will generate XP and drive your future military shipments. Build those houses! Tune your shipments to your enemy -- 5 hussars, 11 longbowmen, 11 musketeers, and 6 grenadiers are your main choices. Research wood upgrades when you have the time.
    18. From there, it's up to you! You should have a jumping economy at this point.

When attacking, you must use the highlanders to protect your falconets! They are great anti-cavalry. You will often see me goofing this in the recorded games, but do as I say, not as I do!

The BWKiC can also be used defensively (the preferred play against Spanish.) This involves choosing the 500 food politican (The Philosopher Prince) instead of the tower politician, shipping everything to your TC, and laying your fort as soon as you can. The 2 falconets and 8 highlanders work to protect your home base until the fort goes up. I especially like to use Thin Red Line here to get uber-Highlanders. From there, shipping 1000 gold for culverins is a good option, but there are many others that will work.

Thanks to Ender_Ward for (unwittingly) prodding me to release this article. You should also check out his thread Experimenting with British FF, which inspired me to get off my tuckus and finally publish this thing.

Here are all the recorded games I could gather of this strategy in action. Be forewarned that I am not the world's best player by any stretch. Watching me manage my econ and my explorer may even horrify you. If so, please enjoy a laugh at my expense -- I don't mind! Rejoice in the knowledge that you are better than me!

(Note: These games are currently from 1.05. I'll try to get some updated ones.)

Game #1: Aggressive BWKiC vs. French on Texas -- Ownage, but useful to see the build. It also shows the power of placing your highlanders \ falconets between straggler villagers and the town center.

Game #2: Aggressive BWKiC vs. French on Rockies -- Ownage, good for a clear view of the strat.

Game #3: Aggressive BWKiC vs. Russians -- Note that I do not do a proper job of protecting my falconets AND forget to send out shipments in a timely fashion. In spite of all this n00bness on my part, it's still a comfortable (if embarrassing) win.

Game #4: Aggressive BWKiC vs. Germany -- Bad protection of falconets and sub-optimal raid protection, but a win is a win.

Game #5: (removed) This was the wrong recording... sorry!

Pretty neat, huh? Now imagine what a good player could do with this. Good luck and have fun! If you have some success with this strat, I'd love to see any feedback or a recorded game.

Thanks to stalwart British experts like PresSure, eskudero, and gl0rious for sticking with a tough civ and providing great recordings for the rest of us. It is appreciated!

Strategies:
    - BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
    - The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style

[This message has been edited by Beatnik Joe (edited 11-26-2006 @ 09:16 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 04-13-06 01:02 PM EDT (US)     76 / 219  
    Beware Russia gets more strelets now. Can you say meatsheild?

I won a thread!
    CROSS REMOVED BY REQUEST OF MODS
    Blood weighs more than tears.
    posted 04-13-06 02:41 PM EDT (US)     77 / 219  
    this was buffed by 1.06 cheers
    posted 04-13-06 05:34 PM EDT (US)     78 / 219  
    yep the tournament is closing in now. The clan elader beat me because I resigned (it was urnated) because I got screwed for hunting. He's gloating now although his stats are much better than mine. hehe he must know I'm better than him, which I am because he neglects military.
    posted 04-13-06 08:01 PM EDT (US)     79 / 219  
    Wow, forget everything I wrote in my previous post. Patch 1.06 changes ... well, everything.

As I said in that other thread ... it's Longbow time baby! Do people realise that Longbows are now the ONLY non-artillery unit with greater than 16 auto-attack range? *drools*
    If you think 4 range doesn't matter much, remember Abus Guns in 1.03 and then in 1.04 ...

They also supposedly fixed Rockets, but I just can't wrap my mind around a Rocket being effective. I'll believe it when I see it.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
    posted 04-13-06 08:37 PM EDT (US)     80 / 219  
    What about polititians?

Well for age 2 you need to age up with tower and 200 gold so u dont have to mine anything and lets u atk 30 second faster which is a shipment if u realize. and 500 food will not let you advance much faster anyways so

For age 3 we got 3 choices mainly
    -2 pikes and 5 lbows, they are ok, 5 l bows are as good as a skirm which will help u defeat light and heavy infantry ur enemy have
    -the mantlets and scout any good? well u can use scouts for scouting gold mines and ur enemy base withouth having to get ur explorer killed(saving therefor 100 gold), can anyone tell me if 3 mantlets are actually that good sieging?
    -I like the 400 wood and caravel: caravel is good for fishing and 400 wood can let you buy another outpost and a house or 3 houses if u add 50 wood

FI is not a bad strategy now bcuz of ur booming posibilities with estates, buffed rockets and shipments... therefor, u can age up with 400 wood, make another tp and a house, use fort, 8 hl and 2 falcs to fend off most atacks and send 1000 gold and get to age 4

would this work or not?

posted 04-13-06 08:48 PM EDT (US)     81 / 219  
    In 1.06 Longbows > Skirmishers. You don't have to babysit them anymore.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
    posted 04-14-06 01:16 AM EDT (US)     82 / 219  
    Hi all, I managed to get a couple of single player games in with 1.06 and the British are looking great right now. I will try to get some time to do an update with BWKiC 2.0 in the next few days. My general thoughts right now are: the aggressive BWKiC may now be the preferred way to play against all civs.

Anyone else gotten to try anything out on 1.06? On an aggressive-style BWKiC 300-wood start map, using Ossian's tactic of adding 2 vills during colonial, I can hit a ~7:10 fortress with highlanders coming out at ~7:24. The falcs aren't far behind, around 7:50. It leaves me with 19 vills at fortress. I'm extremely happy with how things are looking...

justiw, those are some cool ideas! And I'm betting you tried your idea in 1.05... with the British buff in 1.06, what you did is going to work better now. If you get the chance to try this out in 1.06, I'd love to hear what kind of times you're getting. I think you'll notice the buff!

Zhadow, thanks, I too was glad to see these buffs! As for the fast industrial it is indeed quite possible. I've never tried! I think that the options are so good in fortress that I'd be tempted to stick around in the fortress age for a while. What do you think you might use in industrial? Maybe some rockets? Let me know if you have some ideas there.

Destiny, good luck in your tourney! How many days do you have? I'll be trying to do a major update in the next couple of days... things have changed for the better with 1.06.

Ender, I agree about the longbows! I'm just having trouble working in all of the good stuff I want to do now with 1.06. Black Watch, 2 falconets, buffed longbows... life is good!

posted 04-14-06 03:17 AM EDT (US)     83 / 219  
    *whistles*

Still waitng...for a defensive BWKiC...

Stephen Harper's theme song is Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
    posted 04-14-06 09:52 AM EDT (US)     84 / 219  
    Hi lrd_dmsdy666, I think the aggressive BWKiC gained some power in this last patch, so I think I'd recommend it over defensive BWKiC unless things are going slowly for you (or you're FFing over the top of a rush.) I should hopefully have some time to get some new recs today. Just for you, I'll try to do a defensive one too.

[This message has been edited by Beatnik Joe (edited 04-14-2006 @ 09:52 AM).]

posted 04-14-06 10:30 AM EDT (US)     85 / 219  
    I tried justiw idea against comp and either its a rubbish idea or I never done it right (probably the 2nd one) beatnik how the hell do you manage to hit fortress so fast man I can only hit before eight if i find an uber treasure and get a 300 wood start xD
    posted 04-14-06 11:13 AM EDT (US)     86 / 219  
    Hi Destiny, your timing could not be better. Here's a demo of me doing the strategy on Texas against Sandbox. I eat cattle a lot to assist, and it is a 300-wood start. (200 wood starts are slower and more difficult to manage -- I'll try to work up a demo of that when I can.)

Here's the rundown of my times, and admittedly this is probably the fastest I've ever done it. I could almost certainly not duplicate this against a real opponent, as I tend to get overly adrenaline-charged during a game.
    4:29 - Colonial
    6:57 - Fortress
    7:26 - 8 Black Watch out in enemy town
    7:41 - 2 Falconets in enemy town
    9:47 - 9 more Black Watch out

The demo is at:
    http://www.savefile.com/files/7372659

Please check it out! I'll add this into the main topic as well.

posted 04-14-06 11:19 AM EDT (US)     87 / 219  
    Yay thanks alot beatnik your a really nice guy, after a while of trying i managed to add you to my eso friends list I think
    posted 04-14-06 11:56 AM EDT (US)     88 / 219  
    Thank you for the strategy.
    Three wins so far using it.

Sincerely:
    King Ali Skahir

Please give me your opinion on the Fall Of Mankind!!! Ultimate Zidane Video

Glory To the revolution!!!

O=[[[[[[[]]]]]]]=-------,
    Get Hooked

[This message has been edited by King_Ali_Skahir (edited 04-14-2006 @ 11:56 AM).]

posted 04-14-06 01:51 PM EDT (US)     89 / 219  
    Hi Destiny, glad I can help! Hopefully I will catch you on ESO sometime.

King Ali, congrats on the wins! I can only hope to do as well when I get some time to jump on ESO.

lrd_dmsdy666, after playing with the aggressive BWKiC v2.0 build, I am starting to think this is the only build I'll be focusing on for now. It's just so powerful and I recommend it over the defensive build. Check out the 1.06 recorded game that I've posted and see what you think. It's a great example of a fast aggressive BWKiC and should help a lot. If you wanted to play it defensively, I'd merely do the same thing at home, either laying the tower in your own base or perhaps using the 500 food politician if you preferred. I don't think I'd use the fort anymore.

Give that a shot -- I think the new recording should help a lot. A 6:57 fortress, 2 falconets and all 17 highlanders... what more can you ask for? I will try to get some time to post a text description as well if I can. Hope this helps.

posted 04-14-06 03:23 PM EDT (US)     90 / 219  
    Gj again beatnik! It's a very good strat now that 1.06 buffed brits =).

I played two games of it, the first I sliced through the non-FFing german noob (lol). But the second time was more difficult against russia since his blockhouses picked off some highlanders. Then I saw opris that was prepared for raiding my base raid my falcs instead. But that was just a move out of stupidity really, didn't hurt the strat itself. I still won after ages of coming back with more falcs and 9 more landers, then they died, then I came back with 19 vet muskets, 4 falcs, 13 jaegers, and 15 maya spearmen and it was gg =).

Speaking of which, I noticed that landers may die too easily... any chance of working the surgeons into this? Ceres had that card in his deck for a few of the plays...

*EDIT* Btw beatnik, nice job for the article itself, as in wording and even grammar and everything =).

[This message has been edited by Twinleaders (edited 04-14-2006 @ 03:24 PM).]

posted 04-14-06 06:20 PM EDT (US)     91 / 219  
    hi again joe, im 5 and 1 with this strat post 1.06. works very well. i ran into acouple of problems though. one, against a decent port player, who is in age 3 slighty after u, it is a pain to take down all three tcs. i tried taking out his stables and barracks. but his 3 tc's fire killed my 8 bw and falc. i have lost a few times pre 1.06, mostly because when he repeled my attack, he just outboomed me with 3 tcs to my one. i think post 1.06, ports are the real promblem not so much spain or germany anyomore. also, could u get a replay of a good bwkic that got repeled at first but then u came back to win? i doubt it, but it would be very helpful thanks.
    posted 04-14-06 06:40 PM EDT (US)     92 / 219  
    I'm about 20-1 with this strategy now, its also helped me jump up about 50 places in the brit win ladder I'm on the 2nd page (only been beaten by a german merc because I underestimated the enemy armies power and paid the high price). anyway joe if I ever see you on eso I'll be sure to talk to you. btw can you post the build for version 2.0 please.

P.S has anyone else had trouble downloading the recording
    P.P.S got it now

[This message has been edited by Destiny_Devil (edited 04-14-2006 @ 06:42 PM).]

posted 04-14-06 08:00 PM EDT (US)     93 / 219  
    Destiny, congratulations! Holy moly! I don't know if my build could possibly help you if you're tearing it up like that... save some for the rest of us dude! It's a busy weekend for me, I'll try to post the build as soon as I can.

Twinleaders, great idea with the surgeon card! PreSsuRe made the suggestion of creating priests out of the church to keep the black watch and falconets alive, so I'm thinking about a good way to make this possible. The 2 surgeons card is not one that I had considered... but only because I've never played it in my life! The only problem will be how to work it into the stream of shipments. Right now, my plan is to make the very next shipment after falconets to be the remaining 9 Black Watch Highlanders! The 1.06 recording shows me doing this one... the surgeons would have to be after that, which might be too late... ? What do you think?

Steve, congratulations on all the wins you're racking up! It's so great that you mention the Portuguese. I have run into this situation exactly 2 times -- one where I won, and one where I lost. In my loss, I did a lot of damage but became overconfident. I allowed my opponent to slip out and rebuild out of the side of his base. He pulled food from the sea and took some silver mines that I wasn't properly watching.

The lesson I learned from that was to keep good map awareness and realize that Portuguese cannot properly knock down buildings until the industrial age. I kept the organ guns at bay with falconets and didn't worry too much about killing town centers. I concentrated on military buildings. My reasoning was that he didn't have any shipments that could hurt me and would instead have to build a military building to cause my trouble. What I really feared were culverins, as it was the only thing that could stop my falconets. As my shipments rolled in, I built hussars and longbows to provide some counters and keep him contained. Above all, I scouted and tried to keep any foundries from coming up.

Meanwhile, I had >50 vills at home and began placing outposts over every gold mine. I upgraded them and the map control was enough to keep his economy from taking off. So that was my experience for what it's worth!

[This message has been edited by Beatnik Joe (edited 04-14-2006 @ 08:02 PM).]

posted 04-14-06 08:25 PM EDT (US)     94 / 219  
    The surgeons are good, but since the church is already built you can consider using priest, I did it twice, and it saves you a shipment.

Please give me your opinion on the Fall Of Mankind!!! Ultimate Zidane Video

Glory To the revolution!!!

O=[[[[[[[]]]]]]]=-------,
    Get Hooked

[This message has been edited by King_Ali_Skahir (edited 04-14-2006 @ 08:26 PM).]

posted 04-14-06 08:32 PM EDT (US)     95 / 219  
    ok ive tried this tactic twice with no avail..

first time strelets/cosacks came in while i was fortressing and raped my base.

second time, got rushed by longbowmen. loss again.

both to piss ant players that i could have beat with normal tactics...

im thinking this strat is very weak if u get hard rushed by infantry, because all u got is a buncha settlers..

posted 04-14-06 10:14 PM EDT (US)     96 / 219  
    So you got rushed and kept on going with this strat as if nothing was amiss? You lost those games, not this strat. I mean come on man, have you heard of Minutemen? Have you heard of these wonderful 6 Longbows and 6 Muskets cards? They're supposed to be in your deck precisely for when you are rushed.

posted 04-14-06 11:14 PM EDT (US)     97 / 219  
    Hi Ali, I like the priest idea very much. This is also exactly what PreSsuRe suggested. We've already got that church up, so why not take advantage, right? Getting thin red line and then priests out of it really helps it pay for itself.

shortyz, Ender_Ward's advice on defending the rush is very good. Along with the cards he listed, I also like the "colonial militia" card. There are many choices here. In general, fending off the rush is going to be important in a FF. Don't forget things like your TC's massive range and damage. Above all keep your villagers safe, watch your mini-map, and don't panic -- time is on your side. If you make fortress and then start pushing out artillery and mercenaries, your opponent will be suffering. Defending the rush isn't trivial, but get your times nice and fast, and keep your wits about you.

I checked your Sonora game and it seems your opponent had only 10 longbowmen the entire game. It sounds like this rush might have been more bark than bite. Your TC alone could put this rush down -- remember that longbowmen cannot do any kind of meaningful siege. Keep the TC between you and your opponent and make him waste his resources in a worthless attack. It also appeared your opponent beat you to colonial by a full minute. Did you have a 200-wood start or did something else slow you down? If it was a 200-wood start, there are some important ways to speed this time up. I'll try to post a 200-wood example soon because I know this is a tricky situation.

posted 04-15-06 07:03 AM EDT (US)     98 / 219  
    Joe, in case I didn't say if before, brilliant job on this one, mate.

I've tried it out a few times and haven't lost with it so far. Luckily, it appears that not enough ppl read AoE III Heaven, so my opponents have so far appeared totally unprepared for it.

I've used this successfully vs another Brits, a German and a Ports player. All players were of equal or somewhat lesser skill than meself. I'm not exactly an expert, so vs. higher level players it may not work, I dunno.

Vs. the Ports I realized I couldn't kill all his TCs at once, so instead I just came in, killed rax, houses and some vils, left for a bit to reinforce and popped back in, causing enough disruption so that I could keep him in a corner and strangle his econ. I forward built rax and kept shipping in units while booming undisturbed. Mortars and more mercs eventually finished the job.

I've got the BO down by now, so I'm concentrating on speeding up my times now.

posted 04-15-06 08:29 AM EDT (US)     99 / 219  
    Yeah, I've had a few good ideas for this strat, possibly my best one is to try and get in a third shipment in colonial somehow, use glorious rev as the 3rd and send advanced explorer as the 2nd allowing for more treasures.As I was writing this I think I found a way how, put villies on wood at the start of colonial and build houses and a church then then you can send advanced explorer but look for food treasures primarily. I also beat a dutch major with this strat last night to get highest officer rank in the booming division . Also joe I haven't playing that many good players most of them have been master seargants etc (while I'm a captain) because I'll take any game that comes because of my lv 82 civ.

[This message has been edited by Destiny_Devil (edited 04-15-2006 @ 08:38 AM).]

posted 04-15-06 11:45 AM EDT (US)     100 / 219  
    Thanks for the effort here, joe. I know that i must have been annoying, but after 4 pages it's only natural someone feels anxious. Now that 1.06 came out, im definately switching to agressive. I had just thought that I could have done the defensive, turtled, then finished booming. I thinkk that your way though, you get a lot more map control. In a 3v3 game (or maybe even 2v2, depending on my opponents) I think I'd do the defesive run because I feel it leaves ur base too open. Still, it whuppps in 1v1. Hope ur at the forum pary

Stephen Harper's theme song is Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 9  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress Strategy
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames