Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.828 replies, Sticky
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Strategy Central » Question & Answer
Bottom
Topic Subject:Question & Answer
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
Giskard
Skirmisher
posted 10-15-08 01:33 PM EDT (US)         
For my 500th post, I decided to post this sticky for forumers with very quick AOE3 questions that they'd almost be ashamed to post as threads. Anyone able to answer a question, please do so. Example:

Forumer 1: What do TAD and AFAIK mean?

Forumer 2: The Asian Dynasties (AOE3 Expansion pack) and As Far As I Know.

Please post tech help questions and so on in the appropriate forums first but if you get no response feel free to ask them here.

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match

[This message has been edited by Giskard (edited 10-20-2008 @ 03:22 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Droideka_11
Skirmisher
posted 05-18-09 12:13 PM EDT (US)     476 / 828       
When playing China (and to a lesser extent, Natives/Asians in general) against Advanced Scouts, how should I go about winning? I seem to have a hard time making a significant number of Steppes to counter massed Scouts with.
Maybe I can help

Well with China I would do 14 villager age up.

First Card: 300 wood

Reasons for first card:
  • No wood chopping in Discovery
  • No wood chopping in transition to Colonial
  • Village at fb with drop off point so 7 Steppe begin to raid earlier.

You can do a standard age up if you want though.

I age with 3 Villager Wonder. 4 villagers on wonder.

In transition make villies and set them on food.

When you are about to age set TC waypoint on gold and put 4 wonder building villagers on gold as well.

Set drop off point on village at fb.

Second Card: 7 Steppe Riders.

Raid and train standard armies.

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret

[This message has been edited by Droideka_11 (edited 05-18-2009 @ 12:16 PM).]

• jollyranchers
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-18-09 05:46 PM EDT (US)     477 / 828       
    It says Cuirs have same damage as Huss but they have 2 attack areas. What does that mean?
    CrazyLunatic
    Veteran Musketeer
    posted 05-18-09 06:36 PM EDT (US)     478 / 828       
    duolckrad, do people actually use advanced scouts that often? Well if you're getting scout rushed i believe you can just ff since scouts have shit siege. Once in fort just send iron flails to take them down and then spam forbidden army or whatever it's called

QUACK
    StrategicJoeL
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-19-09 01:54 AM EDT (US)     479 / 828       
    I'm sick of getting owned by a regular otto rush, let alone the IOR! How can I beat it as Ports? I've used the search function, but all people do is argue with no conclusion. Can you give me a good BO to beat the otto regular rush, and then a BO to beat the IOR? (for nilla).

organ gunz are chuck norris daddy!
    CrazyLunatic
    Veteran Musketeer
    posted 05-19-09 02:12 AM EDT (US)     480 / 828       
    regular otto rush can be repelled if you defensively place tcs close to each other and ff(or musk semi-ff). In fortress go cassas/goon/organ and you have it.

Vs IOR you can just press the resign button...

QUACK
    Joel Mckenna
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-19-09 03:16 AM EDT (US)     481 / 828       
    I cant decied what civilisation to be- i have got AOE WAR CHEIFS. Anyone know?
    GreenKnight0111
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-19-09 09:48 AM EDT (US)     482 / 828       
    Depends on your play style. Do you prefer rushing or booming civs?

~GreenKnight0111

Currently playing: AoE Online
    Favorite civ: Celts
    jollyranchers
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-19-09 03:06 PM EDT (US)     483 / 828       
    How fast do MM lose HP? Is there anyway to make them not lose HP?
    Tzardimi
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-19-09 03:33 PM EDT (US)     484 / 828       
    They lose all their hp but one in a minute, hence the name. i don't believe there is a way to make them keep the hp
    Droideka_11
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-19-09 04:03 PM EDT (US)     485 / 828       
    How fast do MM lose HP? Is there anyway to make them not lose HP?
    China has a card that makes Irregulars (Minutemen) not lose HP.

Aztecs can call minutemen and put their priest on a healing dance to regen the HP that is being lost.

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
    ImperialLobster
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-20-09 02:32 AM EDT (US)     486 / 828       
    they aint called minutemen cos they die in a minute, its cos of the soldiers in the revolutionary war would be called minutemen cos they were ready to fight the brits in a minutes notice.
    its not that amazing, i bet i could fight in a minutes notice. maybe give me a few minutes if im in the shower.

KEEP
    CALM
    AND
    CARRY
    ON
    ≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
    StrategicJoeL
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-20-09 02:46 AM EDT (US)     487 / 828       
    Aztecs can call minutemen and put their priest on a healing dance to regen the HP that is being lost.
    SICK! ARE YOU SERIOUS! It's time for a whole new level of MM rush! BWAHAHAHAHA!! build a forward firepit and spam MM at his vills, then heal them rofl. then spam more if they die!

[This message has been edited by StrategicJoeL (edited 05-20-2009 @ 02:47 AM).]

CrazyLunatic
    Veteran Musketeer
    posted 05-20-09 02:56 AM EDT (US)     488 / 828       
    just that aztec can't call mm. They receive warriors from dancing at the firepit. IMO dancing for warriors and then doing healing is pretty pointless also IIRC the healing only works on idle military so if you're under attack it's kind of useless :S

Also, anyone know a basic BO for india going zam/sowar (team games)?
    I experimented a bit, but just couldn't get it right was a bit too slow IMO (with non 10/10 age up)

QUACK

[This message has been edited by CrazyLunatic (edited 05-20-2009 @ 02:57 AM).]

StrategicJoeL
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-20-09 03:00 AM EDT (US)     489 / 828       
    it would probably be better to just build a firepit at a forward hunt (with any native civ), then call six warriors, then have your vills eat hunts until the warriors die, then dance six more out and keep doing that, so he'll have to garrison and hide his vills continually, while he has no defence in age1 (i smell a new OP strat being cooked up! ;D

GreenKnight0111
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-20-09 12:21 PM EDT (US)     490 / 828       
    *sighs*

The minute your opponent notices the firepit being built he'll either A) take it down with explorer or B) have advanced to colonial already and just attack you. At least I would if you've wasted that much time crossing the map before building firepit.

~GreenKnight0111

Currently playing: AoE Online
    Favorite civ: Celts
    StrategicJoeL
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-20-09 12:26 PM EDT (US)     491 / 828       
    oops. I forgot that native MM isn't available till age2.

CrazyLunatic
    Veteran Musketeer
    posted 05-20-09 01:22 PM EDT (US)     492 / 828       
    it would probably be better to just build a firepit at a forward hunt (with any native civ), then call six warriors, then have your vills eat hunts until the warriors die, then dance six more out and keep doing that, so he'll have to garrison and hide his vills continually, while he has no defence in age1 (i smell a new OP strat being cooked up! ;D
    they don't train that fast, estimating that with 1 warrior priest it will take about 10/15 seconds per warrior and they start losing health immediately. Also a firepit in the middle of the map has no defense so will be easy to raid

QUACK
    StrategicJoeL
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-20-09 01:32 PM EDT (US)     493 / 828       
    I'll figure out something to make it work :P

question, when should you ship advanced arsenal? and what of its upgrades are good?

CrazyLunatic
    Veteran Musketeer
    posted 05-20-09 01:39 PM EDT (US)     494 / 828       
    Advanced arsenal is a good shipment when you have a decent amount of military that will benefit from upgrades and when you have enough resources to get a few upgrades.

IMO the infantry attack/hp upgrades are quite nice as well as CIR if you're using infantry (CIR only for skirm type units)
    The cav siege damage is really awesome when you're russia as fortress oprinchks get like 100 siege damage lmao.

My favorite would be military drummers as it allows dopplersoldners to run very fast and trap villagers.

TBH i would get the advanced arsenal upgrades depending on what units you use as they effect separate units, there is no point getting CIR if you are going musket/hussar.

QUACK
    jollyranchers
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-20-09 07:41 PM EDT (US)     495 / 828       
    Wow I just played the biggest ass ever. I beat him by about the 12 min mark, and then he just scattered his vils all over the map. I could not find them all for the next 20 minutes. I even put all my guys everywhere on the map. What's an easy way to finish off these buttmunches when they do this?
    Tzardimi
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-20-09 07:56 PM EDT (US)     496 / 828       
    I think that Spies, the capital upgrade that lets you see all of the opponents things, works the best. You can only get it in the imperial age though.
    DukeLeto
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-20-09 08:15 PM EDT (US)     497 / 828       
    Go to the 3rd age and spam falconets. It is pretty fun.
    CrazyLunatic
    Veteran Musketeer
    posted 05-20-09 08:52 PM EDT (US)     498 / 828       
    try and spread out eco/walls/houses/buildings of all sorts around the map giving you more LOS also send some cav running around to see if you can find his vills. I recommend spacing out tcs and outposts as with those you will pretty much get most of the map under LOS. If dutch just go envoys and you'll find them pretty fast.
    If this fails then just get your eco good and go imperial for spies, the spies should be relatively cheap as they will be mostly dead.

QUACK
    jollyranchers
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-20-09 09:09 PM EDT (US)     499 / 828       
    Man I swear I put all my guys everywhere and searched every corner. His explorer was dead and there was no other red dot on the map. This was carolina, there was no dock, so he couldn't have gone to the island right?

I finally put my guys on food and gold and went to get some subway so that when I got back I could just age to V and get the spy, but he resigned before I could age up lol.
    Lord_Richjp
    Skirmisher
    posted 05-21-09 05:01 AM EDT (US)     500 / 828       
    He could build a boat and delete the dock

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames