You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Saloon (Off Topic)
Moderated by Maffia, Elpea, LordKivlov

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2691 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » The Saloon (Off Topic) » TMO XXI - Breakfast at The Sugar Shack, lunch at Ruby's, dinner at Sharkeez and drinks at Hurricane's
Bottom
Topic Subject:TMO XXI - Breakfast at The Sugar Shack, lunch at Ruby's, dinner at Sharkeez and drinks at Hurricane's
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 73 74 75 76 77 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 108  Next Page »
Sawyer
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-10 04:07 AM EDT (US)         

Pears: ok i downloaded a few scenerios and it says place the mp3 folders in the "sound" folder but i cant find the sound folder any where please help!
Elpea: Your sound folder is right next to your fart sounds folder.

[This message has been edited by Maffia (edited 07-14-2015 @ 08:54 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
FancyDante
Skirmisher
(id: If_Was_A_Ville)
posted 04-22-11 11:48 AM EDT (US)     1851 / 2691       
Ya come sign up at the AoE3 Mafia so we can get that going.

ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 04-22-11 02:34 PM EDT (US)     1852 / 2691       
IWAV, this is a side track, but we Brits use the word 'and' between verbs in the imperative.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 04-22-11 03:35 PM EDT (US)     1853 / 2691       

house won this
Shrink
on the trender train
posted 04-24-11 01:19 PM EDT (US)     1854 / 2691       
my brother and my sister don't speak to me but i don't blame them but i don't blame them my brother and my sister don't speak to me but i don't blame them but i don't blame them my brother and my sister don't speak to me but i don't blame them but i don't blame them but i don't blame them but i don't blame them

[This message has been edited by Shrink (edited 04-24-2011 @ 01:21 PM).]

Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
(id: DrNick)
posted 04-25-11 05:06 PM EDT (US)     1855 / 2691       
Speaking more cynically a totally destributive policy would drive off the rich, reduce the incentive to work hard while creating a system trapping people on benefits.
If only there were a middle ground!

On the other (same?) hand, I find it pretty preposterous that rich people will just leave. OH NO! THE HORROR!

Dr Nick
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

[This message has been edited by drnick (edited 04-25-2011 @ 05:09 PM).]

Arkhane
Skirmisher
posted 04-26-11 04:38 AM EDT (US)     1856 / 2691       
On the other (same?) hand, I find it pretty preposterous that rich people will just leave. OH NO! THE HORROR!
But then you haven't got anyone propping up ther system and paying the taxes needed! Take South Africa post apartheid as the example: the whites controlled the economy and were almost the entire professional workforce so when the black majority backed ANC won in 1994 they couldn't bring in a policy of taxing the rich excessively. If they had gone down the leftist route (which Mandela had been support of) they would have lost the majority of their tax earnings as well as bringing around a total destruction of the infrastructure - doctors, teachers, civil servants, industrialists etc. Even with the moderate approach taken by the ANC a quarter of the white population has led South Africa to go to Europe, Australia etc and South Africa has suffered as a result. The apartheid legacy is a fairly particular example (a pretty tragic one as well) but you get the idea.
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 04-26-11 04:30 PM EDT (US)     1857 / 2691       
When I got back from my Apprenticeship Assessment I spent the afternoon playing Stick RPG 2, in which one starts from humble beginnings in a small town from a fast food worker to more wealthy career choices. I think life should be like that.
We are all born equal and the harder you work the more wealthy and comfortable you are.
I fear this is an unreachable utopia however.
/crazy rant
I'll shut up now. The blood has gone to my head from the jog I've just been on.
CATePILLARS

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
Thomas Sterns
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 03:54 PM EDT (US)     1858 / 2691       
http://theanarchistlibrary.org/HTML/Dina_Fisher__FBI_vs._the_Branch_Davidians__Assembling_an_alternative_understanding.html

:101:

i tumbleredz this but yousa guyz dont follow my tumblz(what up wit dat?)

funny that we mourn the terrorist attacks in oklahoma city, and on 9/11 yet completely ignore the terrorist attacks by our own government on its own citizens. god bless america(though this also happens in other countries but they dont deserve the blessing of his righteous love who give his only son to die for our sins and taught us that the meek shall inherit the earth and that sinners make the best dinner guests and that wine is much better for you than water and that hanging out in the desert for forty days without food or water will make you trip balls and that the first shall be last and the last will be first)

lol imma laugh riot

"In my beginning is my end. In my end is my beginning."
Thomas Sterns
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 04:00 PM EDT (US)     1859 / 2691       
also since most of you are geeks who listen to linkin park(meteora) i dont think youve checked this out yet. if you have +k for being a tight nukka.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBa5qp9sUOY&feature=player_embedded#at=35

the full thing is also on hulu naow too. and you can listen to the beasties full album on their tumblz.

edit: i do not mean the word 'geek' as an epithet. hope i didnt offend.

[This message has been edited by Thomas Sterns (edited 04-27-2011 @ 04:42 PM).]

Thomas Sterns
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 04:23 PM EDT (US)     1860 / 2691       
What do counterterrorists do?

edit: Also, why can't I find any articles, or even information outside of field research on anarchist communities in the US in the last twenty years? Or anywhere? Can't even find anything substantial on the weather underground. Trying to write a paper on my sociological field research, but my professor requires articles already on the topic. Lame.

edit edit:
Most former Weathermen have successfully re-integrated into mainstream society, without necessarily repudiating their original intent.
The horror.

[This message has been edited by Thomas Sterns (edited 04-27-2011 @ 04:38 PM).]

ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 04:50 PM EDT (US)     1861 / 2691       
Are you drunk?
Anyway I'm sort of a Christian, Nationalist and also a Joiner. So I'm not a geek at all. I don't even get BB code.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
Thomas Sterns
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 05:05 PM EDT (US)     1862 / 2691       
im working on a paper, why would i be drunk?

why are you a nationalist?
I don't even get BB code.

ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 05:12 PM EDT (US)     1863 / 2691       
The slang, triple posting and general air of insanity gave me the impression you were drunk.
I am a nationalist mainly because Britain is sinking into a third-world, Islamified mess and it needs sorting out. The only people with the clems to do it are the BNP.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 05:15 PM EDT (US)     1864 / 2691       
Nations are dumb.

I say that with love because those of you who know my views know that I reject anarchy outright (it's a matter of accountability)*. There must be a way to destroy all borders while simultaneously allowing for rule of the people.

*Have you ever read The Jungle? In that story you aren't the factory owner. HTH!

Dr Nick
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 05:16 PM EDT (US)     1865 / 2691       
I am a nationalist mainly because Britain is sinking into a third-world, Islamified mess and it needs sorting out. The only people with the clems to do it are the BNP.
Aha. haha. Gonna quote this one again

Dr Nick
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 05:19 PM EDT (US)     1866 / 2691       
That is unreachable. If we all got rid of the borders, you would have either a one world goverment, which is BAD.
Or you'd have complete anarchy (also BAD).
Or you just have tribes taking over territory, and eventually, after a lot of blood and death, the exact same place we are in now.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
Thomas Sterns
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 05:23 PM EDT (US)     1867 / 2691       
'air of insanity' lol.
it is called the indelible wanderings of the homo sapian mind.
I am a nationalist mainly because Britain is sinking into a third-world, Islamified mess and it needs sorting out.
but how will nationalism fix that? i dont really think britain is becoming third world. the idea of third world and first world and that happiness and wellbeing is derived from those status is another plague of capitalism. hierarchy and whatnot. are the islams causing this 'descent' though? how so?
Have you ever read The Jungle? In that story you aren't the factory owner. HTH!
well, yeah. i dont think that adequately explains anything though doctor.

Thomas Sterns
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 05:27 PM EDT (US)     1868 / 2691       
Or you'd have complete anarchy (also BAD).
Or you just have tribes taking over territory, and eventually, after a lot of blood and death, the exact same place we are in now.
im putting money that you honestly havent looked into any of this. or even intelligently thought about it. try reading some noam or voltairine or thoreau or modern articles on why humans war and the reason why global wars have started to decrease. and when i say articles i mean actual academic articles not muckraking press(which pr much all press is).

edit: the use of the phrase 'intelligently thought about it' was inappropriate. i shouldnt prejudge your opinions so. please tell me what you have read to lead you to this conclusion. or lay out a rationality. thnx.

[This message has been edited by Thomas Sterns (edited 04-27-2011 @ 05:33 PM).]

ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 05:31 PM EDT (US)     1869 / 2691       
Quoted from the BNP website.
- We will put British people first in their own country,

- We demand British jobs go to British workers,

- We say NO to an EU superstate, and YES to keeping Britain free,

- We will stop paying foreign aid and give that money to pensioners,

- and we will bring British troops home from Afghanistan.
And tell me this Mr. Sterns, back to speaking of 3rd world vs 1st world. What would you prefer, a mud hut or a nice heated house?

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 05:34 PM EDT (US)     1870 / 2691       
well, yeah. i dont think that adequately explains anything though doctor
I used to think anarchy was like people burning buildings and stealing stereos and stuff. Now I realize that anarchy is actually people with resources lording over people without them.

Government gives us accountability (let me rephrase that to add a should). That's the idea behind a social contract and democracy (er republic, w/e). We (as a people) all have input into the government in the form of elections and voting.

It's not a perfect system (oh God we've got a long way to go!) but I actually think what we have now is closer to the ideal than anarchy is by the same token that we're better off than under a totalitarian regime.

Dr Nick
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
(id: fred_ernie)
posted 04-27-11 05:39 PM EDT (US)     1871 / 2691       
That is unreachable. If we all got rid of the borders, you would have either a one world goverment, which is BAD.
Seems to work OK in the year 3000.

IL, at least choose a party with more policies than "you're not from round here are you? GTFO" UKIP would probably be a better option.

And perhaps move out of Newcastle into the countryside somewhere, might mellow you out a bit.
What would you prefer, a mud hut or a nice heated house?
Technically speaking from an architectural point of view a mud hut wouldn't be a bad option as far as insulation etc. go, and may be warmer than a traditional house.

Have you ever read The Jungle? In that story you aren't the factory owner. HTH HTH! - Fixed .

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
Thomas Sterns
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 05:40 PM EDT (US)     1872 / 2691       
im baffled. you havent told me anything yet. you quoted a political parties website. also the political party doesnt realise certain geopolitical situations. ie the fact that uk is paying foreign aid to various countries(namely greece) so the countries dont fall and all the monies put in dont get defaulted on. vicious cycle. secondly britain is free. i wasnt aware that there were talks of forming the eu into a superstate. thirdly im pr sure british peeps are first in britain. i havent been there but i imagine most the governmental infrastructure are there to benefit them as well as corporate regulation. also youre railing against corporations hiring the cheapest workers yet youre all for a hierarchical world? ok. what else does your pop tell you about at dinner?
And tell me this Mr. Sterns, back to speaking of 3rd world vs 1st world. What would you prefer, a mud hut or a nice heated house?
why cant i heat the hut. why do i need to make it of mud? what happened to all the wood in my country????????

Meteora
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 05:45 PM EDT (US)     1873 / 2691       
haha what the **** happened here

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Thomas Sterns
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 05:47 PM EDT (US)     1874 / 2691       
I used to think anarchy was like people burning buildings and stealing stereos and stuff. Now I realize that anarchy is actually people with resources lording over people without them.
tell me more misinformations. theyre my favourite.
Government gives us accountability (let me rephrase that to add a should). That's the idea behind a social contract and democracy (er republic, w/e). We (as a people) all have input into the government in the form of elections and voting.
social contract. social contract. social contract. social contract. social. id agree with you, kind of, if we werent a class-based blob trying to make 300 million people happy.

also, IS THE JUNGLE THE ONLY BOOK YOU'VE READ. IM SO CONFUSED BECAUSE UPTON SINCLAIR WASN'T EVEN AN ANARCHIST AND IVE NEVER HEARD HIM EVER IDENTIFIED AS SUCH. im just baffled. i figure caps brings the poiint. not yelling at you though. i think your swell. i just think youre too indoctrinated.

ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-11 05:49 PM EDT (US)     1875 / 2691       
Mr. Sterns. You do not live in England. You do not hear of the crap we put up with here. I am a minority as an English person.
And the "You're not from around here GTFO" is untrue. It is simply unviable in terms of housing, economy and social peace for such a high number of immigrants to come in. Britain has turned into a powder keg that could go off at any time.

Maffia, UKIP don't have any reasonable policies apart from leaving the EU. (Which by the way Sterns IS a superstate, and pretty much all of us want to leave)

Mete. Political discussion happened.
Someone hurry up and post a funny picture.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 73 74 75 76 77 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 108  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames