You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Saloon (Off Topic)
Moderated by Maffia, Elpea, LordKivlov

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2691 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » The Saloon (Off Topic) » TMO XXI - Breakfast at The Sugar Shack, lunch at Ruby's, dinner at Sharkeez and drinks at Hurricane's
Bottom
Topic Subject:TMO XXI - Breakfast at The Sugar Shack, lunch at Ruby's, dinner at Sharkeez and drinks at Hurricane's
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54 55 56 57 58 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 108  Next Page »
Sawyer
Skirmisher
posted 02-20-10 04:07 AM EDT (US)         

Pears: ok i downloaded a few scenerios and it says place the mp3 folders in the "sound" folder but i cant find the sound folder any where please help!
Elpea: Your sound folder is right next to your fart sounds folder.

[This message has been edited by Maffia (edited 07-14-2015 @ 08:54 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Centy13
Skirmisher
(id: Shan)
posted 09-14-10 01:13 AM EDT (US)     1376 / 2691       
A wild echowinds appears.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 09-14-10 02:33 AM EDT (US)     1377 / 2691       
@echobeans: Did Tokyo and Kyoto, which was nice. Might do a day or so in Osaka and maybe visit the wilds next time I go.

house won this
Hikari
Skirmisher
(id: echowinds)
posted 09-15-10 02:00 AM EDT (US)     1378 / 2691       
Sup Aussieboys.

@Jax: that sounds jolly good. A train trip to the other islands may provide excellent contrast to the city!

Arkhane
Skirmisher
posted 09-15-10 05:09 AM EDT (US)     1379 / 2691       
That's twice you've been now Jax?
Yo echo.
Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 09-15-10 05:51 AM EDT (US)     1380 / 2691       
Yeah yeah. I think I've got Tokyo down to a tee now, so I could probably do everything I'd want to (largely visit retro game stores and hit a few bars) in like a day or two. Could probably do with spending another day or so in Kyoto, but from what I hear Osaka is a great night out, but not much more.

As such going to see a man from Okinawa sounds like my next itinerary

house won this
Centy13
Skirmisher
(id: Shan)
posted 09-15-10 11:14 AM EDT (US)     1381 / 2691       
Sup Aussieboys.
not much, Canadagirl.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 09-15-10 12:08 PM EDT (US)     1382 / 2691       
As such going to see a man from Okinawa sounds like my next itinerary
Wax on, wax off.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
hoNo
Skirmisher
posted 09-16-10 11:59 AM EDT (US)     1383 / 2691       
feature=player_embedded
Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 09-16-10 03:40 PM EDT (US)     1384 / 2691       
I want to point out that that is one of the weakest Lady Gaga A Capellas.

This one is far better, for instance, and you can actually hear the audio over the screaming high school girls!

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1935205

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 09-16-10 03:50 PM EDT (US)     1385 / 2691       
That one is pretty awesome.

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
hoNo
Skirmisher
posted 09-16-10 03:52 PM EDT (US)     1386 / 2691       
bad romance always remembers me of that fat kid that danced on it during a talent hunt at my school.

admittedly I did nothing, like most people, and I think he was very brave
Sad_But_True
Skirmisher
posted 09-16-10 09:47 PM EDT (US)     1387 / 2691       
Ma ma ma ma ma madonna madonna rip off yea yea yea yea yeah.
Thomas Sterns
Skirmisher
posted 09-17-10 04:14 AM EDT (US)     1388 / 2691       
:frr: Girls are, well, girls are wondrous. A source for an endless pleasure. Just The Chase is so damn hard sometimes. Unbelievably flustering, but I mean if she can talk to you about anything from Jacques-Louis David to Ratatat, and has lips like Jim Morrison it's definitely worth it. Enamored as shit.

"In my beginning is my end. In my end is my beginning."
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
(id: DrNick)
posted 09-17-10 10:03 AM EDT (US)     1389 / 2691       
I love almost everything about girls and women.

That's pretty much all I have to say on the subject.

Dr Nick
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Thomas Sterns
Skirmisher
posted 09-17-10 10:41 AM EDT (US)     1390 / 2691       
I'm writing again, rick. I've got muse, I've got focus. Going to write what I guess would be a novella, or something of that sort. Remember that one short story I sent you, Elise.? If so I'm making that the first part of five semi-interrelated vignettes that limn a group of four main characters. I've got that one fully completed, then I have another story that I wrote in December which as of now is a crock of shit, but with some editing it should be bully. Then the third one I outlined yesterday on scraps of paper while walking around campus in a haze, and the other two are semi-overrarched, and will probably consist of amalgamation of ideas from various drafts I was unable to complete over the summer. I'm pumped for this. To have passion once more, what a delight!

Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
posted 09-17-10 05:33 PM EDT (US)     1391 / 2691       
I do remember that story and I think what you're describing would be a very good use home for it.

Also, you're tipping your hand.

Dr Nick

[This message has been edited by drnick (edited 09-17-2010 @ 05:36 PM).]

Meteora
Skirmisher
posted 09-17-10 06:27 PM EDT (US)     1392 / 2691       
hey rick have you written your story for whisper yet?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Thomas Sterns
Skirmisher
posted 09-17-10 07:43 PM EDT (US)     1393 / 2691       
Well, boys, either we go gay, or we die.

Meteora
Skirmisher
posted 09-17-10 07:44 PM EDT (US)     1394 / 2691       
i've been trying to write mine which does not in any way explain my posting here in the last hour plus.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Meteora
Skirmisher
posted 09-17-10 07:46 PM EDT (US)     1395 / 2691       
Then the third one I outlined yesterday on scraps of paper while walking around campus in a haze
i'm always impressed when people can outline their stories and stuff before actually writing them. for some reason i can never do that. i don't even know why; part of it may just be a mental block about writing down my ideas in their rawest form, though for short stories a lot of times i don't have much more planned out than one single event (always either the beginning or the end... it's easier when it's the end, obviously) and occasionally one character. actually i almost never have more than that in mind, and a lot of the time i start it with no plan at all. it's hard to write that way but some of my favorite stories have arisen by doing that.

this might be why i've always had trouble writing a novel.

when i tried to do my second nanowrimo with some friends (i failed that one, first one i succeeded), my roommate had his whole novel outlined out and planned; all he had to do was figure out how to tell each scene as he got to it, and also since knew where his story was going he could write it out of order if he wanted. since i've yet to develop an ability to outline i'm always stuck churning through the story as i go, and if i hit a hard spot it just kills my momentum. (though for what it's worth both of us got around the 25k-30k region and petered out, so maybe it didn't help him as much as i figured it would).

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[This message has been edited by Meteora (edited 09-17-2010 @ 07:59 PM).]

OutlandishTeacup
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-10 01:06 AM EDT (US)     1396 / 2691       
Also, you're tipping your hand.
what could you possibly mean

    
Arkhane
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-10 04:25 AM EDT (US)     1397 / 2691       
To the social sciences library!
uni sucks
Arkhane
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-10 05:24 AM EDT (US)     1398 / 2691       
Now on the uni wireless internet at the library! woooo
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-10 09:34 AM EDT (US)     1399 / 2691       
i'm always impressed when people can outline their stories and stuff before actually writing them. for some reason i can never do that. i don't even know why; part of it may just be a mental block about writing down my ideas in their rawest form, though for short stories a lot of times i don't have much more planned out than one single event (always either the beginning or the end... it's easier when it's the end, obviously) and occasionally one character. actually i almost never have more than that in mind, and a lot of the time i start it with no plan at all. it's hard to write that way but some of my favorite stories have arisen by doing that.

this might be why i've always had trouble writing a novel.

when i tried to do my second nanowrimo with some friends (i failed that one, first one i succeeded), my roommate had his whole novel outlined out and planned; all he had to do was figure out how to tell each scene as he got to it, and also since knew where his story was going he could write it out of order if he wanted. since i've yet to develop an ability to outline i'm always stuck churning through the story as i go, and if i hit a hard spot it just kills my momentum. (though for what it's worth both of us got around the 25k-30k region and petered out, so maybe it didn't help him as much as i figured it would).
Process. I'm sure everybody's is different. Mine seems to change from story to story. Lately, I've been having to free write just to get anything down on paper. I can then use something that came up in the jumble of words I wrote down as the seeds of a story or a character that suggests a story.

From the seed I can create a general outline but it usually changes considerably as I write.

Dr Nick
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 09-20-10 07:54 PM EDT (US)     1400 / 2691       
It's strange all this talk of writing has come up.

Two things:

I'm trying to write a short story or screenplay for a science fiction writing contest. (And failing horribly)

Yesterday, someone moved out and left behind a large syllabus of papers and essays on writing fiction. Seeing as it was rained on and coming apart, we passed it up. But it would have been useful to look at. I'm sure some of that material is available online.

My friend is much more organized than I am, and has been jotting down her ideas and character sketches for an upcoming novel for a few years. She looked at what I wrote so far for the sci-fi contest, and suggested I take a class in creative writing and submit the material for scrutiny in class.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54 55 56 57 58 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 108  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames