You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Saloon (Off Topic)
Moderated by Maffia, Elpea, LordKivlov

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.44 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » The Saloon (Off Topic) » itt i will describe the thing that I am cooking or eating RIGHT NOW
Bottom
Topic Subject:itt i will describe the thing that I am cooking or eating RIGHT NOW
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
(id: DrNick)
posted 09-07-14 10:31 AM EDT (US)         
The title says it all.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/blueberry-buttermilk-pancakes-recipe2.html

Dr Nick
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
AuthorReplies:
Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 09-08-14 03:07 AM EDT (US)     1 / 44       
I didn't eat at all yesterday because I was too hungover. I'm now stuck in my office and only have a pack of skittles.

house won this
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-14 02:16 AM EDT (US)     2 / 44       
Skittles are not proper nutrition! >=|

Now snickers... snickers has protein!

Dr Nick
Jax
HG Monument
posted 09-09-14 02:22 AM EDT (US)     3 / 44       
Yeah I bought them last week, clearly had noooooo foresight.

Luckily I'm now fat and fully fed.

house won this
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
(id: fred_ernie)
posted 09-09-14 07:47 AM EDT (US)     4 / 44       
The lady that sits behind me keeps bringing in and eating TangFastics at her desk, never offers them around though

This month I have mostly been playing Dishonored Death of the Outsider and Darkest Dungeon
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
Meteora
Skirmisher
posted 09-16-14 00:31 AM EDT (US)     5 / 44       
this thread should have been about a frozen burrito. major disappointment here. what a disaster of a thread.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
posted 09-16-14 01:15 AM EDT (US)     6 / 44       
they cant all be about frozen burritos. sometimes they are about pancakes

Dr Nick
Jax
HG Monument
posted 09-16-14 03:46 AM EDT (US)     7 / 44       
i dont like pancakes and ive never met anyone else who shares my distaste for them.

similarly, roast potatoes. if anyone else hates them then this is a shoutout to you.

house won this
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
posted 09-16-14 07:44 AM EDT (US)     8 / 44       
My mum hates pancakes, but how is it possible to hate roast potatoes?

This month I have mostly been playing Dishonored Death of the Outsider and Darkest Dungeon

[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
Meteora
Skirmisher
posted 09-16-14 03:43 PM EDT (US)     9 / 44       
they cant all be about frozen burritos.
Yeah they can

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
posted 09-17-14 07:17 AM EDT (US)     10 / 44       
Well this thread appears to be somewhat about frozen burritos, so I'm with mete on this one.

Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
posted 09-17-14 07:47 AM EDT (US)     11 / 44       
Also I detest milk.

Shrink
on the trender train
posted 09-17-14 10:30 AM EDT (US)     12 / 44       
you can freeze burritos ???

also re: jax, i like pancakes but not american style ones (that is, ones like the ones in sidewalk czar's link). also i do not like roast potatoes unless they are very (very) small and cooked with tons of olive oil and stuff. just fyi.

Shrink
on the trender train
posted 09-17-14 10:35 AM EDT (US)     13 / 44       
in case anyone wants to know what i think of other potato things:
i only like mashed potato if it is flavoured (like, mustard flavour or garlic or something) and very hot. as soon as it gets cool it makes me very sick
i really don't like oven chips but can stomach them with lots of sauce and periperi salt. as soon as they get cool they make me sick. if they are slightly over or under cooked they make me sick
the same applies to chips from places like mcdonalds.
i do like chip shop chips however.
baked potatoes are okay but only with a lot of added flavour like butter or baked beans.
boiled new potatoes: these i like

potato is maybe the only type of food i am fussy about. normally i like any food. it is probably due to repressed childhood trauma.

hth hth

[This message has been edited by Shrink (edited 09-17-2014 @ 10:35 AM).]

Major Helper
AoKH Survivor, Mr. White Teeth
posted 09-17-14 10:41 AM EDT (US)     14 / 44       
I'd say you're just sick

Anyways, I agree I dislike the american pancakes as opposed to Finnish pancake or Finnish style crepes/pancakes

Pannukakku (pancake)

Lettu (crepe)

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
Meteora
Skirmisher
posted 09-17-14 07:31 PM EDT (US)     15 / 44       
it goes

french toast
waffles
pancakes

i like pancakes but the other two options are better. also i'm picky about syrup. 'genuine' maple syrup isn't that good. i like fake syrup (like mrs butterworths) or fruit ones. also no blueberries please (or raisins yuck).

french toast with strawberries and whipped cream = the best

for potatoes, they're boring and tasteless so whether i like them or not depends on if they were prepared well and have enough seasoning. for example baked potatoes i generally don't like, but twice baked potatoes are awesome because all of the potato part gets the good flavors. similarly i really only enjoy french fries if they are rather thin (because the ratio of fried stuff to boring potato stuff is better).
you can freeze burritos ???
frozen burritos are a staple food in america. they are awful but it really doesn't matter since the first few bites should burn your mouth so you can't taste anything afterwards (if you've prepared it correctly). pretty good design really.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[This message has been edited by Meteora (edited 09-17-2014 @ 07:34 PM).]

Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
posted 09-17-14 08:19 PM EDT (US)     16 / 44       
Tonight I threw a chicken breast on the charcoal grill and then chopped it up and put bbq sauce on it and made sandwiches with baked beans and macaroni and cheese.

I ate my chicken in a bowl without bread because I'm watching my caloric intake atm

Dr Nick
Jax
HG Monument
posted 09-18-14 05:05 AM EDT (US)     17 / 44       
also re: jax, i like pancakes but not american style ones (that is, ones like the ones in sidewalk czar's link). also i do not like roast potatoes unless they are very (very) small and cooked with tons of olive oil and stuff. just fyi.
Omgggg <3 we should meet up and have sunday lunch with NO ROASTS.

EDIT: Also waffles are the tits.

house won this

[This message has been edited by Jax (edited 09-18-2014 @ 05:05 AM).]

Major Helper
posted 09-18-14 06:54 AM EDT (US)     18 / 44       
I don't think I've had waffles since my pre-school days.

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
Shrink
on the trender train
posted 09-20-14 05:22 AM EDT (US)     19 / 44       
waffles are great. the only place i've ever had them is here, which is very great. i don't know what normal ones are like.
Omgggg <3 we should meet up and have sunday lunch with NO ROASTS.
i haven't had a normal roast dinner is so long though i quite like them. i hate eating them out in pubs or other places however cos then they suck and are horrible and gross and people just don't know how to cook them i give up

Jax
HG Monument
posted 09-20-14 01:07 PM EDT (US)     20 / 44       
did you go to the waffle house intending to eat waffles or did you just feel pressured to do so once you arrived?

house won this
Meteora
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-14 03:35 PM EDT (US)     21 / 44       
that website doesn't really mesh with what comes to my mind when i think "waffle house".

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-14 06:42 PM EDT (US)     22 / 44       
Mete, this might explain the difference: In England the south is where the rich people live.

This blew my mind too.

Dr Nick
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-14 06:43 PM EDT (US)     23 / 44       
bangers and mash? More like... uh... pork and beans, mother****ers. We don't really have an equivalent here to that particular combination of foods it turns out.

Dr Nick
Shrink
on the trender train
posted 09-21-14 08:01 AM EDT (US)     24 / 44       
did you go to the waffle house intending to eat waffles or did you just feel pressured to do so once you arrived?
well literally everything on the menu is served on top of a waffle. so if you're there you get what you get

edit: i just realised the menu really doesn't make that clear, which is strange. but whatever you order, even if it's the stir fry, it's 'do you want that on a plain or wholemeal waffle?'
bangers and mash
like most mashed potato bangers and mash is not great because just having some sausages with your potato doesn't cover the yucky potato-ness

[This message has been edited by Shrink (edited 09-21-2014 @ 08:07 AM).]

Major Helper
posted 09-21-14 09:46 AM EDT (US)     25 / 44       
It amuses me to no end that us Finns call mashed potatoes smashed potatoes. Apparently it's one of the "signs you know you've lived in Finland too long when..." for foreigners

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames