You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Saloon (Off Topic)
Moderated by Maffia, Elpea, LordKivlov

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.23 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » The Saloon (Off Topic) » How is your nature?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How is your nature?
Thomas Sterns
Skirmisher
posted 11-03-14 12:45 PM EDT (US)         
Its maybe 60 here. yesterday was warmer, maybe. i think it is going to get real cold soon. its okay though, i have long underwear and my heat is included in the rent.

strange for around here but i think weve only had one frost so far.

im glad the time for sun changed. it was getting so it was dark before and after i left school. now at least it will be sun before i get to school.

all the red leaves are gone. the real yellow and orange ones too. the trees with leaves are brown or brownyellow. most are bare though.

"In my beginning is my end. In my end is my beginning."
AuthorReplies:
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
(id: DrNick)
posted 11-03-14 05:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 23       
It's been hotter than hell but it rained on the weekend and today was crisp. In southern california we call that weather.

Dr Nick
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Major Helper
AoKH Survivor, Mr. White Teeth
posted 11-03-14 11:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 23       
Currently very unstable weather in Finland. Has been sawing up and down between minus something and +10 degrees C for a couple weeks now. Rainy, dark gloomy, just the way I like it. The darker the better.

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
(id: fred_ernie)
posted 11-04-14 06:30 AM EDT (US)     3 / 23       
Just has the warmest Halloween on record up at about 20C, has now dropped to below 10C and I have a blanket of leaves on my moss that needs dealing with.

This month I have mostly been playing Dishonored Death of the Outsider and Darkest Dungeon
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
Kumar Shah
Skirmisher
posted 11-05-14 06:37 AM EDT (US)     4 / 23       
High of 90 degrees F

Hell on earth and all

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
Centy13
Skirmisher
(id: Shan)
posted 11-06-14 10:46 AM EDT (US)     5 / 23       
I'm with Kumar. Mostly about ~37c (~98F) with high humidity lately. Who the hell thought colonising the tropics was a good idea?

Although we've had a little respite the last couple of days keeping it in the low 30s (~85+) which helps

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[This message has been edited by Centy13 (edited 11-06-2014 @ 10:47 AM).]

Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 11-07-14 06:53 AM EDT (US)     6 / 23       
it's like 5 degrees here, but my office is nice and toasty

house won this
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
posted 11-07-14 07:02 AM EDT (US)     7 / 23       
Had to scrape the ice off the windscreen yesterday, although it's supposed to be getting a bit warmer, so can delay turning the central heating on.

This month I have mostly been playing Dishonored Death of the Outsider and Darkest Dungeon

[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-14 05:08 PM EDT (US)     8 / 23       
hard to believe that I've never been banned from here, tbqh

Dr Nick
Thomas Sterns
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-14 12:13 PM EDT (US)     9 / 23       
Jax, like 5 degrees C? Sounds toasty outside.

We got blasted with a fair amount of snow(not like NY though) a few weeks ago so it was quite cold throughout November getting down below 0 degrees F. Though, the temp isn't something to be concerned amount as much as the wind factor. Damn those winds. It sounds like it is going to warm up to fortyfive or fifty next week. We've had 35, 40 days here the past two days so a lot of our snow is gone and I'm thinking it could all disappear by tomorrow. If we get above forty five I think we start breaking records for this late in the season.

Strange weather.

Haven't been outside much for leisure except when I was down in Missouri two or three weeks ago and went hiking in the national forest down there. Was maybe 55 degrees F. Pretty gloomy all day though. Ended up getting kind of lost as well but made it back to our vehicle just as night approached. Saw some pretty sick trees growing out of the sides of dry riverbeds. Huge trunks. For the most part the trees had lost their leaves though and the gray in the sky cast an unpleasant tone over the whole outing. Reminded me too much of the Blair Witch Project, I think.

I'm hoping to get an ideal cold day where the weather is between 20 and 30 and the sun is shining out with the wind gone. Then, I can go ice skating and it won't be a completely terrible time.

In truth, I think the horror of last winter here has ruined the cold and winter for me, for a while at least.

"In my beginning is my end. In my end is my beginning."
Centy13
Skirmisher
posted 12-07-14 10:45 PM EDT (US)     10 / 23       
38C right now. Humidity isn't too bad at about 60% but still unpleasant. Good chance it will storm, later, which will probably mean about 30 minutes of relief during intense storming and possibly hail but afterwards the sun will be back out in force and the humidty will rise back into the 90%'s rapidly and it will be especially unpleasant.

At least the week ahead should be cooler, down in the low 30s which is somewhat more bearable. For now though just gotta keep guzzling down water.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[This message has been edited by Centy13 (edited 12-07-2014 @ 10:50 PM).]

Major Helper
AoKH Survivor, Mr. White Teeth
posted 12-07-14 11:14 PM EDT (US)     11 / 23       
Still awful weather here with the temps going around 0 C +-4 degrees and the sky giving rain or snow <.<

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-11-14 01:33 PM EDT (US)     12 / 23       
-3 here big pile of snow, brb burning igloos to stay warm

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-01-15 04:53 PM EDT (US)     13 / 23       
-26, snowing sideways, playing crysis 4 and holding my graphics card in my crotch to keep "it" from freezing off

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-15 01:16 PM EDT (US)     14 / 23       
igloos aren't flammable! Am I being trolled?

Dr Nick
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-03-15 00:21 AM EDT (US)     15 / 23       
ask mete

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
posted 02-04-15 07:10 AM EDT (US)     16 / 23       
Snow this week, first times it's snowed here on my birthday for probably 2 decades, still had to go to work though

Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
posted 02-04-15 08:26 AM EDT (US)     17 / 23       
No! That is unacceptable.

Dr Nick
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
posted 02-04-15 08:28 AM EDT (US)     18 / 23       
ask mete
There was a time when AoMH had an IRC chat feature. Mete, Thyme and I came up with the burning igloos thing along with something about clubbing seals in a zany chat one time in like 2005.

Well that's my story, bye.

Dr Nick

[This message has been edited by sidewalk czar tia (edited 02-04-2015 @ 08:28 AM).]

Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 02-05-15 03:49 AM EDT (US)     19 / 23       
good use of the word zany - i think ill work that into todays vocab thanks
Snow this week, first times it's snowed here on my birthday for probably 2 decades
INCORRECT THERES TIMEHOPS ON MY FACEBOOK FROM PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN READING AND ARE SURROUNDED BY SNOW

house won this
Maffia
AoE3H Seraph
posted 02-05-15 08:03 AM EDT (US)     20 / 23       
...but on which day?

morgoth93
Skirmisher
posted 02-06-15 09:10 AM EDT (US)     21 / 23       
I envy you all having snow.Down here in S.C. we maybe get a light flurry or dry snow.If we get the smallest amount of snow people freak out.

When did ignorance become a point of view?-Scott Adams
One day as I sat musing,alone and melancholy without a friend,there came a voice out of gloom saying'Cheer Up,things might be worse.'And sure enough,things got worse.
Centy13
Skirmisher
posted 02-07-15 06:03 AM EDT (US)     22 / 23       
I believe the plan to invade Canada also involved burning Igloos.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Von Mackensens Hat
Skirmisher
posted 02-07-15 05:15 PM EDT (US)     23 / 23       
Indeed it does. BURN THEM TO THE GROUND

Dr Nick
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames