Topic Subject: "Age of the Aegean" by Mythos_Ruler
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10  Next Page »
posted 03-20-05 09:12 PM EDT (US)   
<content removed>

[This message has been edited by Mythos_Ruler (edited 08-17-2006 @ 05:28 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-01-05 07:27 PM EDT (US)     51 / 236  
posted 08-03-05 08:26 AM EDT (US)     52 / 236  
if u had posted this on the Age of empires web page.. they would have paid u for u're idea.. i think its really good.. u could get some money..
posted 08-03-05 01:13 PM EDT (US)     53 / 236  
posted 08-23-05 09:51 PM EDT (US)     54 / 236  
Added new features to the game design:

1.) A new Minor Civ (that moves the Archimedes claw from a "standard" Hellenistic Age structure, to a "mercenary" structure only buildable if you gain the alliegiance of the minor civ:

Quote:

Syracusan Tyranny
Alliegance Bonus: Cheaper Siege. Siege builds faster.

Archimedes Claw
Type: Naval Defense Structure
Cost: 200 Wood 350 Drachmae
Attack: Instant Kill
Armor: Heavy
Function(s): When placed upon the shoreline, the Claw captures and sinks any enemy ship that wanders near. Weak vs. Quinquiremes

Oxybeles
Type: Stone Thrower
Attack: Heavy
Armor: Heavy
Function(s): A ballista-style siege weapon that hurls rocks. Has a minimum range. Strong vs. All Citizen Units. Weak vs. Siege, Ships.

2.) Details of the Tribal Unique Technologies:

Quote:

**Tribe Technologies**
Note: Tribal Technologies are Unique Techs granted based upon the Tribe (civ) the player chooses at the beginning of the game. They are researched like a "normal" technology as in AOK or AOM.

League of States
Tribe: Aeolian
Cost: 10 Drachmae per minute
Research Building: Tholos
Benefit: Increases the research effect of the Presbeuo by 20%. Also increases investment profit for the "Alliance" Diplomacy level by 100%.

Long Walls
Tribe: Ionian
Cost: 500 Drachmae
Research Building: City Wall
Benefit: City and Fortified Walls increased armor and hitpoints. Also decreases build time.

Peroikoi
Tribe: Dorian
Cost: 300 Drachmae, 250 Food
Research Building: Market
Benefit: Increases hitpoints and gather rate of Helots. Also increases speed and hitpoints of Emporoi (merchants).

3.) Added this little chestnut to the Fishing Boat description:

Quote:

Function(s): Used to gather food from the ocean. Functions just like any other fishing boat in the "Age" series. >>>Garrison a male or female Citizen inside to increase fishing production by 100%.<<<

4.) Altered the bonuses a bit for the Prodromos and Hypikkon.

5.) Added Train Limits to Strategoi, and all Clergy Units.

[This message has been edited by Mythos_Ruler (edited 08-23-2005 @ 10:21 PM).]

posted 08-30-05 09:53 AM EDT (US)     55 / 236  
Damn, your good!

Very inspiring.....

posted 09-02-05 10:42 PM EDT (US)     56 / 236  
As an enthusiast of both this era and more importantly Greek culture, I find this to be a great idea. I'm impressed by the obviously high amount of research and thought, even if a lot of the ideas are taken from previous RTS games. I especially like the citizen/soldier idea. I am no modder, but if you guys are able to make it work, I would want to know.
posted 09-02-05 11:32 PM EDT (US)     57 / 236  
Many of my ideas for AoA come from the many many discussions that went on over the course of 2 years on the "Future ES Games" forum at AOMH. The simple fact is, a lot of our discussions and ideas on those forums have made their way into upcoming historical games (0 A.D., Sparta:Ancient Wars, AOEIII, Rise and Fall:Civilizations at War), which is kind of exciting.

[This message has been edited by Mythos_Ruler (edited 09-02-2005 @ 11:34 PM).]

posted 09-03-05 08:08 AM EDT (US)     58 / 236  
Your really inspiring, man.

I kinda made Age of Faith based on your greatness.

Well... I guess YOU got my MM(mental-machinery) workin' :-) ....

posted 09-03-05 02:25 PM EDT (US)     59 / 236  
posted 09-14-05 07:34 PM EDT (US)     60 / 236  
Hey guys... I'm gonna work on meshing this game design with AOE3's features in order to create an actual full conversion mod for AOE3. The original game design will stay the same, but the new AOE3 mod will be a "mod" of this game design.

Any ideas on how to marry the two?

posted 09-15-05 10:18 PM EDT (US)     61 / 236  
Boo!
posted 09-19-05 11:39 AM EDT (US)     62 / 236  
It will be a difficult task, but I would move it towards the Hellenics colonising various other areas, from Home Cities such as Athens on Thebes.
Areas would include Sicily, Southern Italy, and perhaps even Asia Minor.

Another idea would be instead of calling the cities 'Home Cities', they are instead cities you ally with.
So you are a small Greek settlement somewhere, and you're allied with Athens. It would work the same way, except you could perhaps 'ally' with non-Hellenic cities.

I'm also tentatively under the belief you could mod AOE3 so the access to the Home City is removed, and that feature is destroyed all together.
It may be unlikely, because of the way the Home City is integrated so entirely into the pre-game and post-game and main-menu, etc, rather than solely existing within an individual 'skirmish'.

Maybe you could remove the city graphics, and make it a simple 'screen', with buttons and stuff (which are basically cards and decks).
This means you don't have to even use the City concept, Home or allied or otherwise, as you could receive the 'shipments' through any means.

posted 09-20-05 07:11 PM EDT (US)     63 / 236  
Today is actually my first visit to this site, and the entire reason i signed up for the forums was to be able to say I think the next Age game should go back to ancient times. I am an ancient history nut, especially when it comes to ancient Greece and this would TRULY be my dream game. With all of the technologies available now for game development I think there could be enough intricacy to be able to give each city-state/colony it's own distinct culture and identity. I do not think an all Greek game would be boring at all and if the quality of gameplay and graphics are enough to make an impact on critics and gamers alike, the assumed homogenaeity of the CIVs could easily be disproved after enough people actually see and play the game.

One of the things I find dissapointing about most games based in the past is that so many of the civilizations featured wuod have never actually met in combat. Like with the original Aoe, you would never really see a battle between the greeks and the choson. The peaks of their civs were too far apart, and where would they meet to fight?
I think this is the greatest idea I've heard for an RTS game thus far and it would bring an unprecedented amount of historical realism to RTS gaming as well a focus on the Greeks as they actually were: Seperate, semi-isolated societies with distinct cultures and ways of thinking. Not as games in the past have portrayed them and other civs as one united nation fighting another nation they never would have had much contact with or interest in. I hope this makes sense and I dont run on too much

posted 09-21-05 00:11 AM EDT (US)     64 / 236  
wow... That would be awesome... But take a long time to program...

The RoL forum colors make me sooo hungry.
-Unit Costs for 5-Philbo1-Explorer Micro-
B_E looks like a demented evil smiley.-Botolf

Stonewall Pwns
posted 09-21-05 03:40 PM EDT (US)     65 / 236  
Yeah this does seem great! But do you plan to allocate any time to actually playing the game when it comes out Mythos? :P heheheh
posted 09-21-05 05:37 PM EDT (US)     66 / 236  
Of course I'll play the actual original AOE3 when it comes out! It'll help me design the mod!
posted 09-23-05 01:42 PM EDT (US)     67 / 236  

Quote:

Barbarian Invasions Diplomacy
- Supremacy starting buildings, resources, and units.
- All players start diplomatically at Friendly Stance and cannot go lower than Neutral.
- Cooperative Play. All players have equal chance of being attacked by the Barbarians.
- Computer controlled armies of Minor Civs invade the map. Each subsequent invasion being larger and more powerful.
- First invasion occurs 2 minutes after the slowest player reaches Archaic Age. The Minor Civ is Lydians.
- Second invasion occurs 2 minutes after the slowest player reaches Classical Age. The Minor Civ is the Persians.
- Third invasion occurs 2 minutes after the slowest player reaches Hellenistic Age. The Minor Civ is the Celts.
- Fourth and final invasion occurs 5 minutes after the last Celt has been killed. The Minor Civ is the Romans.
- Victory goes to any surviving player.

I would also include the Egyptians and possibly Norse, but that might just be the Age of Mythology talking in me.

Cosmopolitan? Check.

[This message has been edited by Yamato Take (edited 09-23-2005 @ 01:43 PM).]

posted 09-23-05 08:28 PM EDT (US)     68 / 236  

Quoted from Yamato Take:

Barbarian Invasions Diplomacy
- Supremacy starting buildings, resources, and units.
- All players start diplomatically at Friendly Stance and cannot go lower than Neutral.
- Cooperative Play. All players have equal chance of being attacked by the Barbarians.
- Computer controlled armies of Minor Civs invade the map. Each subsequent invasion being larger and more powerful.
- First invasion occurs 2 minutes after the slowest player reaches Archaic Age. The Minor Civ is Lydians.
- Second invasion occurs 2 minutes after the slowest player reaches Classical Age. The Minor Civ is the Persians.
- Third invasion occurs 2 minutes after the slowest player reaches Hellenistic Age. The Minor Civ is the Celts.
- Fourth and final invasion occurs 5 minutes after the last Celt has been killed. The Minor Civ is the Romans.
- Victory goes to any surviving player.

I would also include the Egyptians and possibly Norse, but that might just be the Age of Mythology talking in me.[/quote]

You're right - it is AOM talking in you. The reason I chose those 4 civs as the "barbarian" civs, is because each of those civilizations actually did invade Greece, and in that order. However, neither the Egyptians (way past their prime), or the Norse (way too far away) ever invaded Greece.

[This message has been edited by Mythos_Ruler (edited 09-23-2005 @ 08:29 PM).]

posted 10-13-05 07:51 PM EDT (US)     69 / 236  
I havn't read the whole thread but I assume no one suggested this.
You could have three civ types:
Playable civs,
Minor civs,
Major civs.

Minor civs would be small tribes and colonlies that can be alligned with.

Major civs would be civs that are outside of the Greek World (like Egypt and Persia) alliances and wars can be made with these civs. Essentially these are playable civs that cannot be played.

And Tyre could be a Home City

Jihad , Crusade

What's your's?
posted 10-16-05 02:08 AM EDT (US)     70 / 236  
I have Minor Civs in the design. Essentially they are both of the things you mention - in some games they are like AOE3 natives that you ally with, and in other matches they are enemies you fight with.
posted 10-23-05 10:42 PM EDT (US)     71 / 236  
Added a new logo, since my last image host booted me. It'll be a while before I replace the other images, as my other computer with all my images had a motherboard go out on me.

EDIT: Added new FORMATION mockups.

[This message has been edited by Mythos_Ruler (edited 10-24-2005 @ 07:53 PM).]

posted 10-24-05 08:24 PM EDT (US)     72 / 236  
Did the Minoans ever invade Greece, or at least try to? If they didn't they were an essential trading partner with Greece and there could be a scenario in the campain where you have to defend them from maurading pirates. Mabey.

Cosmopolitan? Check.

[This message has been edited by Yamato Take (edited 10-24-2005 @ 08:24 PM).]

posted 10-25-05 01:56 PM EDT (US)     73 / 236  
The Minoan civilization collapsed before the Hellenic Dark Ages. They collapsed a hundred years or so before the Mycenaeans around 1100-ish BC.
posted 10-25-05 08:18 PM EDT (US)     74 / 236  
Oh......... next time I have a suggestion I'll research more.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
posted 10-25-05 10:45 PM EDT (US)     75 / 236  
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum » "Age of the Aegean" by Mythos_Ruler
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames