Posted on 10/31/06 @ 02:19 AM (updated 09/15/07
AOE3MODS Combination 2.01
Now compatible with v1.04 update and includes a new installer. Beware, the new installer takes longer because it backs up all modified folders.
Nearly all scenarios have been removed from the mod pack. There are some new scenarios included in a version 2 scenario packs available for the Single Player Scenarios.
Updates in this new version of AOE3MODS include:
- Introduced new civilian Mayor Unit.
- The mayor can build the factory that had previously been a function of the settler.
- The number of factories will now be limited to 8.
- Sounds for many new units have been updated (or added if they did not exist)
- Sniper range has been reduced to 50 (build limit now = 30)
- Sniper’s Tower & Sniper’s Hut have had range reduced to 50
- Goliath range has been reduced to 60.
- Artillery Balloon build limit reduced to 10.
- Made Fixed Great Cannon available in the editor
- Made Fixed Great Bombard available in the editor
- Made Fixed Cannon available in the editor
- Made Fixed Rocket available in the editor
- Made Fixed Falconet available in the editor
- Made Fixed Culverin available in the editor
- Made stone walls available in the editor
- The mayor can build a Hardware Store (generates gold).
- The mayor can build a Grocer (generates gold).
- The mayor can build a Bakery (generates food).
- The mayor can build a barn (Farm Storage) (generates food).
- Pawnee mercenaries now replaced by Arapaho and Tuscarora.
Many thanks to Tatanka and dragon50 for there input to these changes.
These modifications have not been tested in mult-player games but the inclusion of an installer will make switching between the standard game and a moded game easy, for those who regularly play multi-player. The installer will backup all files to be modified and copy the changed files to the correct locations. The original files can be replaced by clicking the remove button.
A more complete list if mods include (common mods):
- Play as the US
- The US get single unique Cavalry unit for hand and ranged combat
- The US get a unique explorer
- The US get a Trooper in age 2, with upgrades in ages 3, 4 & 5.
- The US get a Frontiersman in age 3, with upgrades in in ages 4 & 5.
- The guard and patrol commands have been enabled for most units
- Standard artillery units have been reduced in population count.
- A Artillery Balloon Transport can be trained in age 3. It can transport a single artillery unit and it has an attack capability of its own.
- A Stun Balloon can be trained in age 3 – it explodes with a wide affect but damage is not great.
- An Exploding Wagon can be trained in age 3.
- A Goliath artillery unit (based on Fixed Gun) can be trained in age 4.
- All infantry have a population count of 0.
- A Infantry Balloon Transport can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 10 infantry or civilian units and has defensive capabilities of its own.
- A Troop Carrier can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 20 infantry units only and has a defensive capability of its own.
- A Stagecoach can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 20 infantry or civilian units.
- A Sniper unit is available (to all civs except native americans) from the barracks.
- A Partisan unit can be trained in age 2.
- A partisan can lay Anti-Personnel Mines.
- The explorer can build a Cherokee War Hut to train cherokee mercenary units.
- Train the Cherokee Archer
- Train the Cherokee Rifleman
- Train the Cherokee Mounted Rifleman
- Train the Cherokee Mounted Axeman
- Cherokee War Hut units get Upgrades in ages 3 and 4.
- The war hut is also a defensive building with a reasonably powerful ranged attack but no unique upgrades.
- Docks can produce Super Monitors in age 5
- Docks can train an unlimited number of privateers.
- Docks can train fireships. (Build limit = 10 units)
- The base limit of monitors increased to 4.
- The base limit of frigates increased to 4.
- The base limit of fluyts increased to 6.
- The base limit of galleons increased to 6.
- The base limit of galleys increased to 8.
- Docks can hold ships.
- The Mayor can build factories in age 4.
- Field Hospitals can train Surgeons, which have population count of 0.
- Field hospitals can hold units
- The hit points for forts have been increased significantly.
- Forts can hold units
- Settlers can be trained from houses for everybody except the Ottomans (not Sioux or Iroquois in TWC)
- Settlers can be trained from the mill
- The hit points for outposts have been doubled
- Outposts and Blockhouses can hold units.
- Settlers can be trained from the plantation
- The Tuscarora Mounted Warrior mercenary unit is available to the Iroquois.
- The Arapaho Mounted Warrior mercenary unit is available to the Sioux.
- All cavalry have a population count of 1.
- The Ottomans can train Spahi units in the stable.
- Outposts and the Russian blockhouses can train mercenary units (standard game only).
- Russian town center does not generate settlers in blocks
- Town Center can train a Builder unit. (Build limit = 10, not available to natives cives in TWC).
- Town Center can train a Mayor in age 3. (Build limit = 1, not available to natives cives in TWC).
- The Builder unit can build the Fort in age 3.
- The Builder unit can build most military buildings faster than a settler.
- The Builder unit can gather faster than a settler but cannot build economic buildings.
- The Builder unit can build Field Hospitals in age 3. (Build limit = 4)
- The Builder unit can build a Sniper's Hut or Tower in age 3. (Build limit = 8)
- The Builder unit can build a jail in age 2. (Build limit = 8)
- A Sheriff can be trained from the jail or a fort (to enable AI use)
- A Bounty Hunter can be trained from the jail or a fort (to enable AI use)
- Town Centers can hold military units
- The hit points for walls have been doubled
- The hit points have been doubled and range and damage increased
- Many of the HC buildings and some props have been made available in the editor. Only complete buildings have been included (i.e. no buildings with backs missing etc.)
- Most new buildings will perform a function similar to an existing building.
- The Command Post can train units.
- The Fort Wall Stable and Fort Wall Barracks can train units.
- An Exploding Weapons Cache that operates like a mine has been added. It does more damage than a mine and is not stealthy.
TWC only Mods:
- The US uniquely get the Gatling Gun without revolution in age 4.
- A partisan can plant a High Explosive Device (Bomb).
- The partisan is a stealth unit
- For Native Americans Civs, a settler can also build Cherokee War Huts.
- An Arapaho Sharpshooter mercenary sniper unit can be trained by the Sioux
- A Tuscarora Pathfinder mercenary sniper unit can be trained by the Iroquois
- Settlers can be trained from the farm
- The Mayor can build a barn Farm Storage in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Grocer in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Hardware Store in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Bakery in age 4.
- The fort can train Petards
- Mercenary Incan Huaminca can be trained in the Nobles Hut
- Russian blockhouses get the Partisan, Sniper, Balloon Troop Carrier and Stagecoach Troop Carrier like the barracks.
- A mercenary Incan Bolas Warrior can be trained by the Aztecs
- The General Store has been made available
- A sherif unit that can convert guardians can be trained from the Jail.
- The US uniquely get the Ironclad in Age 5 to replace the Super Monitor.
- The Aztecs can build an Outpost.
- The Aztecs can train a Spy with stealth and powerful all round attack.
- The Sioux can train a Spy with stealth and she can kill in one stroke.
- The Iroquois can train a Saboteur, similar to a partisan and able to lay mines and plant bombs.
- The Iroquois, Sioux and Aztec settlers can build a Cherokee War Hut as well as the War Chief.
|Pages:  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » Last » |
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
Are partisans supposed to look like hamsters???
Also, I can's select them.
P.S. Everything else is great!!!
[Edited on 11/01/06 @ 12:28 PM]
is their a build limit for the forts/ factories?
boogerlad: That is a good question. There is a build limit of 8 on on both factories and forts. When I use the builder to build the forts, there does not seem to a problem but I have experienced difficulties when shipping from the home city. Homefully I can address that on the next release and remove the limits altogether.
[Edited on 11/02/06 @ 10:50 PM]
Williams: I am not quite sure why you are having problems selecting them, especially if evrything else works. I assume you created some, based on your reference to their looks. If that is the case, you should be able to use then like any other unit.
It well deserves a 5. Superb, as usual.
Additional Comments: A very good mix of additions for TWC. Everyone should give it a try.
MOD is ever so awesome.
It had some getting use to with the population indicator/counter.Infantry and villagers counting 0 towards pop.total.Players who like huge armies will love this one.
Civ's heavy with infantry will find this a huge influx of massed formations.
I played as the USA and experimented with their many special infantry types. Gatling guns and Iron clads wit hout a revolution....yippee.
The artillery balloons are fantastic. I carried some of those great big canon/guns and oooh baby that was cool.
The Saloon and Cherokee Hut offered large amounts of merc's and Indians.
Having the ability to build many factories was at first, a wonder, but they were all needed to crank out the resources.
Thanks for the great MOD and also for the quick installer. Everyone will find something they like in this one.....oh yes...
PS...being an advocate of cavalry, I really enjoyed being able to load all my infantry into stage coaches (kind of like panzer grenadiers) and performing a blitkreig.
Now if only we had a MOD that would allow for rapid transportation via the train (from one trading post to another), we would have everything.
In the future, a MOD that would allow players to change the avatar of their HC leader would be cool.I know this can be done.....
Any way I'd rate this MOD a 6 if I could.
[Edited on 11/05/06 @ 08:09 AM]
|Jarl Helge Vidoya
The TWC-version of AOE3MODS by jlpember is great. The variety of units with specialized abilities, in particularly the partisan and the sniper, offer you the possibility to play in several different styles and indeed enhance the play-value of the original game.
Only critics: To many big guns.
Thanks for a really great MOD. I don't hesitate to rate this MOD a 5!
Jarl Helge Vidoya
Cherokee war huts look like huge black carpets, and some mounted units from there are mounted by knives.
I've got nothing against your mod, which you may think because of the bugs I reported.On the contrary, I support it, and report bugs to help improve it.
I hope the next version is out soon, because I can't wait.
P.S. I've seen the hamster-partisans move just because I set a rally point, and they count towards the build limit although they're there just for decoration.
The goliath and the baloons are the best units in the mod!!!
Keep up the good work.
Cheruscan: It's blitzkreig, not blitkreig.
[Edited on 11/07/06 @ 02:45 PM]
Williams: From what you describe, you either have a corrupted download, or more likely, a previously installed mod is interfering with the AOE3MODS.
You could try downloading and installing again (remember to remove first). If that does not help, the best option is to reinstall the base product and the expansion pack. After that, apply the AOE3MODS again.
What you are experiencing is not a bug. If it were the same problems would be experienced by everybody.
outstanding mod thanks for your efforts!!
i appreciate playing as the U.S. calvary,thanks
|Pages:  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » Last » |
|Art and Sound||3.5|