1v1 OntarioV2 - Skirmish Scenario with many balance changes, decks tuned, and dynamic weather
Map Description: If you wonder what this map looks like, think saguenay; it is a mix of saguenay and some great plains and northwest territory.
|# of Players:
I will list all the balance changes, plus some special features.
+1 starting food crate. (In 1v1OntarioV3, not released yet, India, starts with 1 extra wood crate instead of this food crate.)
Lighting changes; should be around 24 minute day/night cycle.
Small randomizer; Natives can be Comanche, Cheyenne, Cree, Nootka, or Huron. (Note that there are 4 native posts; combo of two types of natives). Also moves trade routes and some whales about.
8 minute rain/snow/sunshine cycle. This cycle randomizes; it chooses what it wants after every 8 minutes. You could have snow, more snow, and then sunshine/rain!
Balance Changes in 1v1 Ontario V2:
• Dog Soldier train time reduced from 55 to 44.0 seconds (-20.0%).
• Tashunke Prowlers now receive Champion and Legendary upgrades FREE with Industrial and Imperial age techs.
• Tashunke Prowler Range Resistance improved from 0.10% to 0.30%.
• Skull Knight train time reduced from 40.0 to 32.0 seconds (-20.0%).
• Coyote Runner range resistance improved from 0.10% to 0.30%.
• Eagle Runner Knight cost changed from 75 food 75 coin to 90 food 60 gold, hitpoints increased from 180 to 225 (45 increase), population count increased from 1 to 2.
• Macehualtin cost changed from 40 food 30 wood to 55 food 20 wood.
• Elite Ram cost reduced from 120 wood 80 food, to 95 wood 65 food.
• Shrine hitpoints reduced from 1600 to 1200, cost increased from 125 to 160 wood, supports 15 population instead of 10, and build limit reduced from 20 to 13.
• Ashigaru hit points reduced from 170 to 110, hand resistance increased from 0.20% to 0.30%, and cost reduced from 80 food 40 coin to 65 food 35 coin. Train Points reduced accordingly (-15.625%).
• Golden Pavilion Wonder no longer gives Advanced Arsenal upgrades.
• Japanese Shogun Tokugawa population count increased from 4 to 7 and cost increased from 350 coin to 650 coin.
• Samurai hitpoints increased from 230 to 260
• Japanese consulate no longer gives Bushido principles tech.
• Naginata Rider speed reduced from 6.75 to 6.50, Range Resistance reduced from 0.30% to 0.20%.
• Yabusame cost reduced from 60 food 150 coin to 115 food 85 coin, speed increased from 6.75 to 7.25, Range resistance reduced from 0.50% to 0.40%. Granted Yabusame Damage card (20%) for every upgrade. (+20% dmg bonus, +20% disciplined, +20% honored, +40% exalted)
• -1 Monk, HP increased from 250 to 450, dmg increased from 8 to 12, and Monk gains less dmg and HP bonus every age.
• (Colonial age) Agra Fort takes 15 more seconds to build (12.5% Train Points).
• Camel Damage card (30%) is no longer available to the Indian civilization (means that it isn’t in any of the decks).
• Sowar population count decreased from 2 to 1, speed reduced from 7.50 to 7.0. Sowar Mansabder population count reduced from 4 to 2, speed reduced from 7.50 to 7.0.
• India can now receive ‘ypArsenalAsian’ from the consulate as an upgrade.
• Elephants now receive 15% bonus age 3, age 4, and age 5.
• Zamburacks can’t be trained until age 3.
• Rajput cost reduced from 100 food 35 wood to 70 food 25 wood, speed increased from 5.0 to 5.50, and Hand Resistance increased from 0.20% to 0.30%. Mansabder Rajput reworked to new stats.
• Mahout population count reduced from 7 to 6. Mahout Mansabder population count reduced from 14 to 9.
• Siege Elephant population count reduced from 7 to 6, cost reduced from 300 wood 400 coin to 225 wood 350 coin (actually I believe 250 wood, 325 coin), and Range Resistance increased from 0.30% to 0.50% (0.65% I believe actually). Siege Elephant Mansabder reworked to new stats, plus Mansabder population count reduced from 14 to 9.
• Howdah Mansabder population count reduced from 12 to 9.
• Flail Elephant speed increased from 4.0 to 6.0. Flail Elephant Mansabder Reworked to new stats, plus population count reduced from 8 to 6.
• Mansabder Urumi population count reduced from 4 to 3. In addition, Mansabder Urumi are enabled.
• Disciple cost increased from 80 to 95.
• Kenshiks, Steppe Riders, and Iron flails now receive “Mongolian Scourage” card.
• Flying Crow -37.5% Train points: Reduced from 240 to 150 seconds. This change does not effect the Chinese card “TEAM engineering school”.
• Chinese card “Great Wall” now gives +100% Train Points instead of +500% Train Points.
• Musketeers are now available in age 4 and 5. Veteran upgrade is researched, plus Guard and Imperial upgrades are available.
• Missionaries hitpoints reduced from 300 to 200, build limit decreased from 10 to 5, and start with Unction card.
• Priest enabled.
• Spahi Range Resistance improved from 0.10% to 0.20%.
• Once an Ottoman player reaches Imperial age, he/she will receive shipments of 3 Spahi every minute (60 seconds) if they have less than 200 population.
• Acemi Oglgan School now gives Jannisaries -15% cost and -15% Train points instead of -20% cost.
• Cuirassiers Train 10% slower with mass cavalry upgrade (-40% vs. -50%), 10% slower with riding school home shipment (-30% vs. -40%), and Thoroughbreds shipment no longer gives -15% Train points reduction to Cuirassiers*.
*With all these techs, Cuirassiers will train in 18 seconds.
• European church techs greatly improved – French will be able to build grenadiers from artillery foundry after Old Garde upgrade, British will be able to get Rogers Rangers from barracks after church tech, Dutch will be able to create Stadhouters after church tech, Ottomans will have their Tufanci Corp and Topcu Corp techs give HP or speed bonus’ to Janissaries and Great bombards, German Wallenstein contracts tech will make mercenaries +20% Better stats, Russians will get Baskir from stable after church tech, etc.
• Spy population count reduced from 2 to 1, and cost reduced from 125 to 100 coin.
• Outpost wood cost reduced from 250 to 200 wood. In addition, Outpost build limit increased from 7 to 8.
• Portuguese start with +1 wood crate and +1 food crate.
• Walls have -1000 HP. Bastion Tech, however, is left unchanged as well as Improved buildings, TEAM improved walls, etc.
• Priests and Imams have their cost reduced from 200 to 75 coin, hitpoints reduced from 360 to 240, Missionaries hitpoints reduced from 300 to 200, and Surgeons cost reduced from 300 to 150 coin.
• “Guard Pikemen” tech is now researched for most European teams when they reach the Industrial Age.
• Arsonist hitpoints increased from 250 to 320, cost reduced from 300 to 250 coin.
• Barbary Corsair cost reduced from 200 to 180.
• Black Rider cost reduced from 270 to 250 coin.
• Elmeti hitpoints reduced from 1000 to 925.
• Fusilier hitpoints increased from 300 to 350, Hand resistance increased from 0.10% to 0.20%, and cost reduced from 300 to 250 coin.
• Hackapell hitpoints increased from 295 to 350.
• Highlander cost increased from 200 to 240 coin.
• Iron Troop hitpoints increased from 225 to 295, and Range Resistance reduced from 0.60% to 0.50%, and cost increased from 200 to 220 coin.
• Jat Lancer hitpoints increased from 600 to 675.
• Li’l Bombard cost reduced from 1200 to 950 coin.
• Manchu population count increased from 2 to 3.
• Mameluke hitpoints reduced from 1450 to 1250.
• Ninja population count reduced from 4 to 3.
• Ninjitzu Zakai (consulate mercenary) population count reduced from 4 to 3.
• Stradiot cost reduced from 300 to 270.
• Yojimbo hitpoints increased from 540 to 615.
*Also effects repentant mercenaries. Note that any upgrades that modify these mercenaries WILL NOT benefit from the changes. For instance, if you upgrade cavalry cuirass, Mamelukes will receive +145 HP, not +125 HP. However, even with extra upgrades these mercenaries should be quite balanced.
• Players will now be granted 40 food, 40 wood, and 40 coin at the start of the game for lost Villager Seconds (VS) during set up. French start with 50 food, 50 wood and 50 coin instead of 40 food, 40 wood, 40 coin bonus.
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
If any of you find any unit glitches, please post them here.
I currently know of one, which is the Outpost wood cost.
EDIT: This is not a problem since all building costs work by Current percents, not by base percents (makes sure that you don't get free buildings).
TEAM Cheap outposts card will still reduce from 250 to 175 wood, making outposts 125 wood for the player. Cree tech will still reduce from 250 to 187.5.
[Edited on 10/13/08 @ 09:51 PM]
Just a quick question, are you ever supposed to end up with NO trade sockets on the route at ALL? I played several games and noticed one that gave me a blank route.
Nice job on the random natives. I haven't tried all the different civs but the balance tweaks are rather interesting. I suggest if you do make balance changes, you warn people so that they know what to expect. Going into a game as Japan and seeing noticeable differences in unit stats and other tweaks could be a little unsettling.
Weather randoms: Once the rain starts, it just keeps raining in that one area. Even if the lighting later changes. Dunno if that's intentional or if it's a bug.
This is a good supremacy map. You could probably expand the replay value of this map if you put in some side objectives like capturing buildings or defeating pirates on the lake or something.
edit: Just a big thumbs-up for those of you still making scenarios and working on multiplayer maps. You guys really help us AOE3 fans get our moneys worth out of our $30 game purchase. Thanks!
[Edited on 10/26/08 @ 10:25 PM]
Thanks for the comments As_Saffah. It is well regarded by me.
@Trade Routes: After releasing the scenario, I realized I had forgotten to make one of the cinematic blocks turn into a trade route. It is for player 1's side, so at least the opponent can't call the map unfair ;). But still, I have the glitch fixed up in the latest version, which hopefully will come out in the near future.
Natives are nice, but I, in my new project (aka Wilderness Road, coming before 1v1OntarioV3) has much more detail, that it has many combinations, including 4 TC randomization.
Is this so? I might accidentally have put a "fire event" trigger before "Quest Var Randomize", that it still fired event "Rain1", giving 15%, or 0.15 of rain during other weather.
I thank you that you do remember that I am human and am not perfect. Thank you for the the bug information!
@Upcoming Updates to scenario:
1) I currently have a computer handicap and cannot make scenarios for a little bit. This may take a week or maybe two, depending on how fast I get one of the gaming computers up.
2) Plans for 1v1Ontario V3:
- 4 possible TC randomizations (1 by shore for each player, 1 inland for each player; can go any way it likes.)
- trade route bug fixed, hopefully more randomizations, (maybe 4)
- hopefully weather conditions fixed, if I have messed up any triggers concerning these.
- Training points bug fixed. Currently, if you give a unit -15.0% train points, the counter reads it as -15 train points, a ridiculous boost to very fast training units, while units like currasiers receiving nerfs such as "10.0%" train poitns would be counted as 10 train points, or 10 extra seconds. Since I have learned of this, I will reduce and increase accordingly, making things work as I say they do.
- more diverse natives (so that you don't get comanche/nootka, with no other natives when that occurs; I will make it so that any possibility of natives is possible, for example, cheyenne/iroquois, cheyenne/nootka, cheyenne/huron, etc.).
- Black screen at beginning for setup (camera cuts will still work)
- Some balance changes removed, some made a bit more balanced. Chat will be sent concerning general changes, such as priests, towers, Ashigarus (especially), Unit forbidding, major boosts as the like, etc.
After 2v2WildernessRoadV1/V2, and 1v1OntarioV3, I am open for some new map suggestions:
Current Thoughts for future scenarios:
1) The Bay of Bengal (3v3; a large type of caroline map; land on top and a bay in the bottom center of the map, large ocean. A trade route overhangs on the top part of the map, in the shape of a small horseshoe. Bhakti, Sufi, Jesuits, and Sihks are found here in addition to Shaolin. Their posts are 1 on each side, and two inside the trade route area. Plenty of coin.)
2) The Strait of Magellan (3v3 or 4v4; two large land masses, water on sides of the map, magnificent cliffs in the center with a narrow strait (perfect for forts and cannons to kill ships), copper, no trade routes, many treasures, perhaps Mapuche Indians. In addition, lots of whales, and players will all start out with a dock rickshaw, and once they hit imperial, they will recieve 3 privateers every minute IN INDUSTRIAL AGE and IMPERIAL AGE (blockade is disabled to prevent this from happening), letting the ship battles carry on for a long time. In addition, plenty of whales will be at the sides of the map, while their is an abundance of fish in the strait, as well as in areas close to the strait.)
3) The Oregon Trail (1v1 or 2v2; 1 large trade route dominates the middle of the map; it is in a canyon, gold mines, Apache and Navajo as well as Comanche Natives dominate these areas. Cows and Bison are plentiful, but deer are scarce.)
4) Eastern India (1v1 or 2v2; Jesuit or Bhakti Natives, trade route lower, water opposite the trade route. Related to Indochina.)
[Edited on 10/29/08 @ 08:55 PM]
hey, no problem, will be looking forward to testing the next version. I live in Toronto and it looks like Hamilton is waging war on Scarborough with the way the tc's are set up.
I like the sound of the Oregon Trail. For Bay of Bengal have you seen the Orissa map floating around? Someone basically had the same idea, giant map with a zillion types of terrains, Himalayas and caves and a labyrinth of islands and sandbars to the east. Kind of an Earth styled map but instead of sailing blindly to the mainland, you start around a mountain lake and have to explore where the resources will be.
If you want some help on map eyecandy, let me know. I have some experience building set scenes for historical battles using Google Maps and coordinate xml files. That way you can get a particular region or battlefield built to scale with contours and elevations intact.
Yea, eyecandy would be nice (I actually didn't understand what it meant at first, but now it makes sense), as I'm not to great at that sort of stuff. Maybe custom treasures? I've tried the 1 TC wagon treasure, but it didn't like me :(.
However, I could make stockades in abstract places (perhaps give them +1000-2000 more HP?), with treasures such as 3-4 settlers, a band of native warriors (like 5 Cherokee Riflemen, 4 Cheyenne riders), a outpost wagon, or even a dock rickshaw, or maybe something like a 415 food treasure. Also, I wouldn't have guardians around them really; all the other surrounding guardians would attack you :(.
Also, I could make a custom treasure type, that gives defensive buildings (i.e. TC's, outposts, castles, forts, blockhouses, warhuts, walls) +10% to 15% HP.
@Oregon Trail - I forgot to mention one thing; it just occured to me today to make Mormons or Jesuit there. Now how do I do that?
My Idea: Make Jesuits available their, and just rename the settlement as Mormon. That way, you can get Conquistadors, and have a decent settlement. However, it probably would still be acceptable to be just Jesuit, as there were many Jesuit missions near the area (San Fransico for example).
Stockades in random places: The stockade and its contents all have to replace individual cinematic cubes. So you could have cinematic cube A, B, C, D random replacement triggers for stockade vs. no stockade. If a stockade cube will become a stockade, it will fire an event replacing prisoner cubes W, X, Y, Z with a single capturable unit. W, X, Y, Z are placed so they surround cube A. When A turns into a stockade, WXYZ will then turn into single units for players 1,2,3,4 [i]inside[/i] the stockade.
Custom treasures: Haveta do this by triggers. When Nugget Collected ->effect. The effect can be randomized or customized to player ID or civ.
Mormons/Jesuits: Jesuits for California yes. Mormons along the trail: Make a Jesuit mission village but replace the trade socket with some other type of socket. Rename all the buildings "Mormons" or "Nauvoo" or something. The Jesuit techs are appropriate for MOrmons, i.e. building HP and gunpowder for rifleman. But the units are cockeyed. Maybe make it next to a trade route. Put a trade route socket then build a Mormon village around it using Jesuit and SPC feed store and bakery buildings and barns and such. When a player builds on the TP, each time the trade cart comes along, you get a surgeon or a settler wagon or an extra villager that spawns there.
You can customize/randomize the spawning units, but not the rest of it, it would be a lot of work to randomize buildings to appear next to your trade route and you would NOT get to rename them.
[Edited on 12/16/08 @ 12:40 PM]