This is a recent publication of mine used as an example to prove what should be done to India and Ports. There are a few balances that I'd like to address, so I incorperated them in this small scenario. But first, all who download this must keep in mind that there are really only two playable civs at the moment: India and Portugal.
Here are the Balance tweaks:
- Portuguese settlers cost 85 food instead of 100
- Portuguese Organ Guns have 175 HP instead of 150. (Upgrades don't count here yet)
- India can build 3 sacred fields instead of 2, and can build 30 sacred cows instead of 20. Also, Sacred cows cost only 100 food instead of 125 food.
- Indian Sowars take up 1 population count instead of 2. Mansabder Sowar population count reduced from 4 to 2 as well.
- Siege Elephants have their Range Resistance Armor increased from 0.30% to 0.50%. This change includes Mansabders.
- Finally, 9 Urumi shipment arrives in 36 seconds instead of 45 seconds.*
*This I did by making all techs arrive in 1.25 their regular time. The change only takes place in Industrial. This will affect all techs for all civs, so it isn't too drastic.
Mapwise, it is highly related to Indochina and Deccan, with a nice, swurvy trade route across the map. However, there are two Town Center Randomizations.
I may add some details to this map later, but I hope this will be some fun for people.
FIXES, Version V3:
- Made techs come 1.25 faster (same as 80% time, but before I have divided by 0.80, which is the opposite affect than I wanted).
- Added Water Homecity Points