~What is it?~
It's a scenario based on FreeForAll. Actually it's just a custom map with nice decoration.
~How does it look?~
Everyone has their own base, there is one entrance to that base and everyone has to go through the middle of the map! There is a big forest with a path.. and much more to explore!
~Why did you disable mortar, mortaru, hand mortars and docks?~
People could kill someone with that over the mountain which is not fair. This map just doesn't work with this sort of cannons. The reason for docks is that you could make a dock in the middle and control the whole map.. It's not the way it meant to be played.
I hope you guys like it and please give your feedback and leave a review!
I'll keep this map up-to-date and maybe in the future i'll make more maps! But before that, i need some reviews first..
* Decks improved, please let me know if there is anything which needs to be fixed on decks
* Grass color has been changed to default grass
* The appearance of the middle has been changed
* Bases are bigger now, no issues with building when it says 'To close to enemy first TC'
* Added more tree on some places
* Fixed silver mine which had 5000 instead of 2000
* Settlements moved so it's not that annoying with building
* Disabled mortars and mortaru, because players could shoot over the mountain
* Appearance overhaul is changed on some places
* Other minor bugs fixed
* Disabled hand mortar and docks
* Fixed an issue that japanese could get mortaru with their home city
* Added more text at start with some more information
* Fixed an issue that P5 didn't start with a TC
* Re-worked treasures, more randomized
* Added a new day/night cycle (Hope you like it!)
* New cinematic at the start of the game
* Your own base is fully discovered from start
* Replaced settlements on the hill
* Added a new 'Cree' settlement somewhere in the map
Changelog v5 TROPICAL UPDATE:
* Map overhaul has been changed
* Instead of a Forest it's now completly tropical!
* Added sea around the map
* Added a cave instance
* The middle has been changed, now you have enough space
* Settler wagons are now trapped into stockades, they have to break out first
* Disabled monitor boats, and enabled docks again
* Now the AI will work (YAAY!)
* Other minor changes
* Working on decks more
* Silk road in the middle
I'm not sure if there will be further updates after the above planning statements.
Alot of time and work has obviously been put in to this map. I am astounded.
Everyone gets their own base canyon, which all converge in the center. Very good balance.
I have not seen any other map with this kind of innovation and creativity. It is absoultely remarkable.
Map Design: 5
The map design is as written above, very innovative and new thinking.
Clear instructions are made in the beginning of the game :)
All in all, this map should be on everyone's hard drive. Even for people who don't even own AOE III. Take this map and play with your family and friends and experience the joy of a true Age of Empires map.