Along with this readme you should see a folder called "trigger3". In that folder should be 7 .xml files with the following names:
M925 TriggerSet 1.25.xml
This is essentially a "starter pack" of triggers that should cover 95% of anything you could possibly want to do in the scenario editor. If there is something you want a trigger to do that is not included here, you can always make a trigger request at http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=12&tn=37007&f=12,,,10&st=800
(copy and paste that URL exactly as shown, the three commas are not a typo)
You will need to have this trigger set installed before beginning Part 3 of my Scenario Editor Walkthrough and Guide. Do not worry, installation is as simple as renaming and copying some folders. This will not impact on your ability to play multiplayer games. Any custom triggers used in scenarios you make will still work even if they are played by people who do not have the triggers installed.
If you want more information about triggers just read Part 3 of my scenario editor guide. A link should be on my page here: http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=12,38984,,10
(copy and paste that URL exactly as shown, the two commas are not a typo)
1. Navigate to your AoE3 install directory. This will be different depending on whether you have the game on Steam or CD/DVD. Here are the default install directories:
CD/DVD, 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III
CD/DVD, 32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III
Steam, 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age Of Empires 3
Steam, 32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Age Of Empires 3
2. Find the trigger folders inside your install directory. If you have both expansion packs you will have three of them called:
"trigger" (this one is for the vanilla game without expansions)
"trigger2" (this one is for The War Chiefs)
"trigger3" (this one is for The Asian Dynasties)
(if you have Steam you might need to look inside the folder called "bin" to find these, depending on your install type)
3. Rename all of them by adding "backup" to the start of them, so they will look like this:
If you only want to install the custom triggers for one of the expansions then you will only need to rename the relevant trigger folder.
4. Now go to the folder that came with this download called "trigger3" (the one with the 7 .xml files in it). Copy it.
5. Paste it into the install directory.
6. Rename it to "trigger"
7. Paste it again and rename it to "trigger2" (so now you will have 2 folders called "trigger" and "trigger2")
8. Copy and paste it again, and leave it as "trigger3"
9. Check that you now have three trigger folders identical to the new one you just downloaded but with the same names as the old ones.
10. All done! If you had the game open while doing this, you will need to restart it before the triggers are useable.
(basically what these steps did was replace the three default trigger folders with the new one)
Also you might like to copy and paste this readme into one of the trigger folders so that you can refer to it if you need to.
I do not claim to have created any of these custom triggers. Credit goes to the following people for creating them:
Musketeer925 (creator of M925 TriggerSet 1.25.xml)
Onfiregun17 (creator of Onfiregun17.xml)
Random22 (creator of R22TriggersV1.xml)
Gunner1/Sandstorm (creator of All Players.xml and QV set.xml)
Mister SCP (creator of two triggers in Extras.xml)
I can't remmeber origin of the first trigger ("Is Human") in Extras.xml, but I have a feeling it might be Musketeer925.
Special thanks to Mister SCP for still being so helpful and active on AoE3Heaven and being so knowledgeable about advanced scenario design, triggering, RMSing, modding, etc.
===HOW TO CONTACT ME===
Go to: http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=12,38984,,10#contact
(copy and paste that URL exactly as shown, the commas are not a typo)
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
|No messages found|