New features from grnreader
- loading invisible meshes (check FD Vertex Library)
- importing bones
- fixed faces
- vertex weighing
- loading animations
- 3ds Max 7 or later
- AoE3ED to extract .gr2 files from game archives
Copy 'grnreaderX.ms' and 'granny2.dll' (from your AoE3 path) to the same directory of 'grnreaderX.exe'
How to use
drop GR2 files directly on 'grnreaderX.exe' or execute it from cmd: > grnreaderX model.gr2 animation.gr2
Changes in 1.2
- fixed texture duplicates
- slate material editor support
- added and updated error messages
Changes in 1.21
- fixed a bug which can cause an error working with earlier versions of 3ds Max
- a new view will no longer be created in slate material editor if the import script has no materials
Changes in 1.3
- introduced plugin mode for directly loading GR2 files from 3ds Max UI
- if no files are dropped to the program, a file dialog will be opened (multiple selection allowed)
1. Copy grnreaderX.ms to <3dsMaxRoot>\scripts\startup to activate the mode
2. Open 3ds Max and go to Utilites>MAXScript and select 'grnreaderX' from the drop down list
3. Click the button 'Setup' to locate 'grnreaderX.exe'
- click the button 'Setup' whenever you change the location of 'grnreaderX.exe'
- checking 'Start from slider' will import animation from the current time of 'Time Slider'