These maps I made to create quicker buildups in All types of Treaty games for the TAD version of AOE3.
Maps are unchanged; each has exactly the same things on it.
I have picked only the most regular Treaty Maps, land and water, for this set.
The difference from Abe's Maps is that these maps give the AI a bigger game, and the point is to create a more eventful experience when doing comp stomps. Each 5k resource means 100 extra score, so AIs also sell less food at their market while upgrading their army. Expect a 35-45 minute game in 2v2 on Hard. The resource trickle is enough for 600 of each resource per 20 during the treaty; this is like a free guard tech. If you want a longer match-up versus AI, this is for you!
Each Map features:
30k Food, 20k Wood and 20k Gold
+5 TC Build Limit
1 Town Center
3 Covered Wagons
1 Bank Wagon
1 Mango Grove Rickshaw
3 Settler Wagons
0.5 per second resource trickle of Food, Wood, Coin, XP and Export
+7 Outpost/Blockhouse Limit
And a new map set, NR Maps.
In addition, Modify Protounit has allowed the following to work on each map:
- Banks Enabled from Bank Wagon
- Mango Groves Enabled
- Halberdier -10 Gold Cost (60), Ruyters -5 food, -5 gold (25, 70)
- TP -100 Wood Cost (from the Asian Dynasties)
- Cuirassier -25 Base HP and -5 Gold and -5 Food Cost (475 HP, 145, 145)
- Oprichnik -25 Base HP and +30 Food Cost (225 HP; 120, 60), Strelet -5s train time (Instant with Cards)
- Indian Rajputs -20 wood (15), +10 HP (160)
- Mahouts -150 food, -25 wood (250, 225), -5s train time (55), -2 population (5)
- Indian Gurkha -5 gold (45), +10 HP (125), Flail Elephants +1 speed (5)
- Monitor Cost decreased by 200 Gold
- Portuguese start the game with +50 Wood
- Tomahawks -0 food (75), Kanya Horsemen -25 wood, Mantlets -25 wood, Forest Prowlers +10 HP (120)
- Ashigarus +10 gold (50), +1s train time (34), -1 speed (3.50), Yabusames -20 gold (130)
- Samurai -10 Food and Gold (90, 90), +10 HP (240), -1s train time (44)
- Dog Soldiers -40s train time, Skull Knights -25s train time
- Iroquois Travois -15s train time, Medicine Men -15s train time, Warrior Priests -10s train time
- Heavy Cannons, Great Bombards, Rockets +100 HP, Gatling Guns +50 HP
- Outposts, Warhuts, Nobles Huts, Blockhosues +7 Build limit, Castles +5 Build limit
- Dutch +15 Settler Build Limit (65)
- Axe Riders -40 Food Cost (120)
- Town Centers +5 Build Limit (6 in Colonial, 8 in Fortress)
Place in My Documents - My Games - Age of Empires III - RM3
Then run Age of Empires III: Asian Dynasties and select "Custom Maps" in Single Player or Online to play.
AI can play all these maps: Plays best with Horsemaster AI installed.
Please enjoy the maps!
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
On all these maps the Horsemaster AI plays splendidly. You can also use Helot Major, but that does not have the latest cards or Dance Pit improvements implemented in it.
The AI on Hard can play a Rush, and Post-Imperial, or NR10/NR20, preferably NR20 and get a higher score than on Silver, Ivory, or Ruby Maps.
For Hard it is about 1450-1750 score by 20 minutes, and Expert should be 1500-1800+. On Moderate it gets a bit less, about 1200-1250 score.
Online NR Maps should be selected individually, and like Ivory, Ruby & Impeccable Maps they load easily for players after reselecting them in the game setup. Any case that doesn't load after 1st time, add the players as friends, unlog and relog and rehost, then re-invite them to the game and reselect your map. They should be able to green up (click ready) and you should be able to too!
Recommend Treaty 20 Minutes when playing with other players; agree on No Blockade before you start for a fun game.
On 3v3 I recommend Moderate for less lag, as it uses 80 villagers and 180 pop total, making it 100 military pop; likewise on 4v4 I recommend Moderate or Easy, with the new Easy having 70 villagers and 150 pop, which leads to less lag than say the Hard, which can do 99-10 economic pop and 200-220 military pop.
I most recent 4v4 I played took 47:24 on Deccan 20 minute treaty with Easy Computers. The 3v3 recently I played took about 40:00 on Ozarks with Moderate Computers. The higher difficulties are more fun, as they use more troops and get more resources, but if you like NR Maps, try it on an easier difficulty, and see how it works out!