Posted on 08/20/06 @ 09:20 PM (updated 09/15/07
AOE3MODS Combination 2.01
Now compatible with v1.12 update and includes a new installer. Beware, the new installer takes longer because it backs up all modified folders.
Nearly all scenarios have been removed from the mod pack. There are some new scenarios include in a version 2 scenario packs available for the Single Player Scenarios.
Updates new to this version of AOE3MODS include:
- Introduced new civilian Mayor Unit.
- The mayor can build the factory that had previously been a function of the settler.
- The number of factories will now be limited to 8.
- Sounds for many new units have been updated (or added if they did not exist)
- Sniper range has been reduced to 50 (build limit now = 30)
- Sniper’s Tower & Sniper’s Hut have had range reduced to 50
- Goliath range has been reduced to 60.
- Artillery Balloon build limit reduced to 10.
- Made Fixed Great Cannon available in the editor
- Made Fixed Great Bombard available in the editor
- Made Fixed Cannon available in the editor
- Made Fixed Rocket available in the editor
- Made Fixed Falconet available in the editor
- Made Fixed Culverin available in the editor
- Made stone walls available in the editor
- The mayor can build a Hardware Store (generates gold).
- The mayor can build a Grocer (generates gold).
- The mayor can build a Bakery (generates food).
- The mayor can build a barn (Farm Storage) (generates food).
- Pawnee mercenaries now replaced by Arapaho and Tuscarora.
These modifications have not been tested in mult-player games but the inclusion of an installer will make switching between the standard game and a moded game easy, for those who regularly play multi-player. The installer will backup all files to be modified and copy the changed files to the correct locations. The original files can be replaced by clicking the remove button.
A more complete list if mods include (common mods):
- Play as the US
- The US get single unique Cavalry unit for hand and ranged combat
- The US get a unique explorer
- The US get a Trooper in age 2, with upgrades in ages 3, 4 & 5.
- The US get a Frontiersman in age 3, with upgrades in in ages 4 & 5.
- The guard and patrol commands have been enabled for most units
- Standard artillery units have been reduced in population count.
- A Artillery Balloon Transport can be trained in age 3. It can transport a single artillery unit and it has an attack capability of its own.
- A Stun Balloon can be trained in age 3 – it explodes with a wide affect but damage is not great.
- An Exploding Wagon can be trained in age 3.
- A Goliath artillery unit (based on Fixed Gun) can be trained in age 4.
- All infantry have a population count of 0.
- A Infantry Balloon Transport can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 10 infantry or civilian units and has defensive capabilities of its own.
- A Troop Carrier can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 20 infantry units only and has a defensive capability of its own.
- A Stagecoach can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 20 infantry or civilian units.
- A Sniper unit is available (to all civs except native americans) from the barracks.
- A Partisan unit can be trained in age 2.
- A partisan can lay Anti-Personnel Mines.
- The explorer can build a Cherokee War Hut to train cherokee mercenary units.
- Train the Cherokee Archer
- Train the Cherokee Rifleman
- Train the Cherokee Mounted Rifleman
- Train the Cherokee Mounted Axeman
- Cherokee War Hut units get Upgrades in ages 3 and 4.
- The war hut is also a defensive building with a reasonably powerful ranged attack but no unique upgrades.
- Docks can produce Super Monitors in age 5
- Docks can train an unlimited number of privateers.
- Docks can train fireships. (Build limit = 10 units)
- The base limit of monitors increased to 4.
- The base limit of frigates increased to 4.
- The base limit of fluyts increased to 6.
- The base limit of galleons increased to 6.
- The base limit of galleys increased to 8.
- Docks can hold ships.
- The Mayor can build factories in age 4.
- Field Hospitals can train Surgeons, which have population count of 0.
- Field hospitals can hold units
- The hit points for forts have been increased significantly.
- Forts can hold units
- Settlers can be trained from houses for everybody except the Ottomans (not Sioux or Iroquois in TWC)
- Settlers can be trained from the mill
- The hit points for outposts have been doubled
- Outposts and Blockhouses can hold units.
- Settlers can be trained from the plantation
- The Tuscarora Mounted Warrior mercenary unit is available to the Iroquois.
- The Arapaho Mounted Warrior mercenary unit is available to the Sioux.
- All cavalry have a population count of 1.
- The Ottomans can train Spahi units in the stable.
- Outposts and the Russian blockhouses can train mercenary units (standard game only).
- Russian town center does not generate settlers in blocks
- Town Center can train a Builder unit. (Build limit = 10, not available to natives cives in TWC).
- Town Center can train a Mayor in age 3. (Build limit = 1, not available to natives cives in TWC).
- The Builder unit can build the Fort in age 3.
- The Builder unit can build most military buildings faster than a settler.
- The Builder unit can gather faster than a settler but cannot build economic buildings.
- The Builder unit can build Field Hospitals in age 3. (Build limit = 4)
- The Builder unit can build a Sniper's Hut or Tower in age 3. (Build limit = 8)
- The Builder unit can build a jail in age 2. (Build limit = 8)
- A Sheriff can be trained from the jail or a fort (to enable AI use)
- A Bounty Hunter can be trained from the jail or a fort (to enable AI use)
- Town Centers can hold military units
- The hit points for walls have been doubled
- The hit points have been doubled and range and damage increased
- Many of the HC buildings and some props have been made available in the editor. Only complete buildings have been included (i.e. no buildings with backs missing etc.)
- Most new buildings will perform a function similar to an existing building.
- The Command Post can train units.
- The Fort Wall Stable and Fort Wall Barracks can train units.
- An Exploding Weapons Cache that operates like a mine has been added. It does more damage than a mine and is not stealthy.
TWC only Mods:
- The US uniquely get the Gatling Gun without revolution in age 4.
- A partisan can plant a High Explosive Device (Bomb).
- The partisan is a stealth unit
- For Native Americans Civs, a settler can also build Cherokee War Huts.
- An Arapaho Sharpshooter mercenary sniper unit can be trained by the Sioux
- A Tuscarora Pathfinder mercenary sniper unit can be trained by the Iroquois
- Settlers can be trained from the farm
- The Mayor can build a barn Farm Storage in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Grocer in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Hardware Store in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Bakery in age 4.
- The fort can train Petards
- Mercenary Incan Huaminca can be trained in the Nobles Hut
- Russian blockhouses get the Partisan, Sniper, Balloon Troop Carrier and Stagecoach Troop Carrier like the barracks.
- A mercenary Incan Bolas Warrior can be trained by the Aztecs
- The General Store has been made available
- A sherif unit that can convert guardians can be trained from the Jail.
- The US uniquely get the Ironclad in Age 5 to replace the Super Monitor.
- The Aztecs can build an Outpost.
- The Aztecs can train a Spy with stealth and powerful all round attack.
- The Sioux can train a Spy with stealth and she can kill in one stroke.
- The Iroquois can train a Saboteur, similar to a partisan and able to lay mines and plant bombs.
- The Iroquois, Sioux and Aztec settlers can build a Cherokee War Hut as well as the War Chief.
|Pages:  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » Last » |
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
seems like an awesome mod, but im like, computer illiterate, so i have no idea what to do, help me out here, tell me what to do step-by-step will ya?
oh, and will it work on multiplayer, for maps like "total war"? that would be pretty sweet
Not sure how detailed you want the instructions but hare are some recommended steps:
1. Before downloading, create a folder under 'My Documents' called 'AOE3MODS'.
2. Come back here and choose the AOE3MODSV3.ZIP file for download. Select 'Save' and in the 'Save As' menu, select 'My Documents' and the folder 'AOE3MODS' that you created as the place to save. Then click 'Save'.
Note: Depending on the speed of your connection, it could take up to 1o minutes to download. If you have a fast broadband connection - it will take 60 to 90 seconds.
3. What you next depends on the O/S you are using, but assuming it is Windows XP, double click the ZIP file.
4. From the Edit menu, select 'Select All' - all 3 files should be highlighted.
5. From the Edit menu again, select 'Copy'.
6. Now go back to the AOE3MODS folder in 'My Documents' and click somewhere next to the ZIP file. Click the right mouse button and from the context menu, click ‘Paste’.
7. The files from inside the ZIP file should appear next to the ZIP file. If you now double click the AOE3MODSSHORTCUT.EXE to execute it. This will let you place a shortcut on you desktop and in the start menu. Alternatively, you can find your way to this folder and execute the AOE3MODS_V3.EXE file every time you want to change something.
8. When you execute either from a shortcut or the file directly, you will see a menu from where yon can select the various install or remove options.
MultiPlayer: As it stands, it has not been tested in multi-player mode. You will get a CRC error if you try it. It may work multi-player, if all players install the same mods.
can't docks already hold ships?
can't what ?
Docks, Outpost (Blockhouses) and Forts could all hold civilian units in the standard game. These mods allow them to hold military units and in much larger numbers.
[Edited on 08/29/06 @ 06:35 PM]
its a pretty sweet mod, i liked it right up till when i tryed it on multiplyer and i got that CRC mismatch thing you were talking about, then i deleted it, but other then that great mod, no bugs, everything works like it should, and cool scenarios.
Glad you liked it. I hope to submit a v4 within a few days.
This mod sounds amazing - almost too good to be true! For right now though, it is... this is the message I recieve when attempting to install the mod:
Specified data path cannot be found!
I'm sure I followed the instructions concisely...
Please John Pember, you're my only hope!
No problem. It is indicating that the path to your game is different to where it would normally be. When you run the installer, there is a 'change' button next to the 'Path to Microsoft AOE III user data files' - click that button and you can change the location to where you installed the AOE3 data files.
Usually, the data is placed under 'My Games' in a directory call 'Age of Empires 3' and 'My Games is found under 'My Documents'.
I am having prolems. Before I even installed your kick ass mod pack(which works great)AOE started having issues within five to ten minutes of gameplay.
It freezes and the audio loops... at first the audio went bonkers and played random snippets of sound effects and unit response, interspersed with white noise. Wish I had an analog recorder to capture some of the loops.... anyways, this is disheartning to say the least; I'm impatiently awaiting the abiiity to transport my troops in a horse drawn carriage!
[Edited on 09/04/06 @ 05:52 PM]
|Pages:  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » Last » |
|Art and Sound||1.5|