Posted on 08/20/06 @ 09:20 PM (updated 09/15/07
AOE3MODS Combination 2.01
Now compatible with v1.12 update and includes a new installer. Beware, the new installer takes longer because it backs up all modified folders.
Nearly all scenarios have been removed from the mod pack. There are some new scenarios include in a version 2 scenario packs available for the Single Player Scenarios.
Updates new to this version of AOE3MODS include:
- Introduced new civilian Mayor Unit.
- The mayor can build the factory that had previously been a function of the settler.
- The number of factories will now be limited to 8.
- Sounds for many new units have been updated (or added if they did not exist)
- Sniper range has been reduced to 50 (build limit now = 30)
- Sniper’s Tower & Sniper’s Hut have had range reduced to 50
- Goliath range has been reduced to 60.
- Artillery Balloon build limit reduced to 10.
- Made Fixed Great Cannon available in the editor
- Made Fixed Great Bombard available in the editor
- Made Fixed Cannon available in the editor
- Made Fixed Rocket available in the editor
- Made Fixed Falconet available in the editor
- Made Fixed Culverin available in the editor
- Made stone walls available in the editor
- The mayor can build a Hardware Store (generates gold).
- The mayor can build a Grocer (generates gold).
- The mayor can build a Bakery (generates food).
- The mayor can build a barn (Farm Storage) (generates food).
- Pawnee mercenaries now replaced by Arapaho and Tuscarora.
These modifications have not been tested in mult-player games but the inclusion of an installer will make switching between the standard game and a moded game easy, for those who regularly play multi-player. The installer will backup all files to be modified and copy the changed files to the correct locations. The original files can be replaced by clicking the remove button.
A more complete list if mods include (common mods):
- Play as the US
- The US get single unique Cavalry unit for hand and ranged combat
- The US get a unique explorer
- The US get a Trooper in age 2, with upgrades in ages 3, 4 & 5.
- The US get a Frontiersman in age 3, with upgrades in in ages 4 & 5.
- The guard and patrol commands have been enabled for most units
- Standard artillery units have been reduced in population count.
- A Artillery Balloon Transport can be trained in age 3. It can transport a single artillery unit and it has an attack capability of its own.
- A Stun Balloon can be trained in age 3 – it explodes with a wide affect but damage is not great.
- An Exploding Wagon can be trained in age 3.
- A Goliath artillery unit (based on Fixed Gun) can be trained in age 4.
- All infantry have a population count of 0.
- A Infantry Balloon Transport can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 10 infantry or civilian units and has defensive capabilities of its own.
- A Troop Carrier can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 20 infantry units only and has a defensive capability of its own.
- A Stagecoach can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 20 infantry or civilian units.
- A Sniper unit is available (to all civs except native americans) from the barracks.
- A Partisan unit can be trained in age 2.
- A partisan can lay Anti-Personnel Mines.
- The explorer can build a Cherokee War Hut to train cherokee mercenary units.
- Train the Cherokee Archer
- Train the Cherokee Rifleman
- Train the Cherokee Mounted Rifleman
- Train the Cherokee Mounted Axeman
- Cherokee War Hut units get Upgrades in ages 3 and 4.
- The war hut is also a defensive building with a reasonably powerful ranged attack but no unique upgrades.
- Docks can produce Super Monitors in age 5
- Docks can train an unlimited number of privateers.
- Docks can train fireships. (Build limit = 10 units)
- The base limit of monitors increased to 4.
- The base limit of frigates increased to 4.
- The base limit of fluyts increased to 6.
- The base limit of galleons increased to 6.
- The base limit of galleys increased to 8.
- Docks can hold ships.
- The Mayor can build factories in age 4.
- Field Hospitals can train Surgeons, which have population count of 0.
- Field hospitals can hold units
- The hit points for forts have been increased significantly.
- Forts can hold units
- Settlers can be trained from houses for everybody except the Ottomans (not Sioux or Iroquois in TWC)
- Settlers can be trained from the mill
- The hit points for outposts have been doubled
- Outposts and Blockhouses can hold units.
- Settlers can be trained from the plantation
- The Tuscarora Mounted Warrior mercenary unit is available to the Iroquois.
- The Arapaho Mounted Warrior mercenary unit is available to the Sioux.
- All cavalry have a population count of 1.
- The Ottomans can train Spahi units in the stable.
- Outposts and the Russian blockhouses can train mercenary units (standard game only).
- Russian town center does not generate settlers in blocks
- Town Center can train a Builder unit. (Build limit = 10, not available to natives cives in TWC).
- Town Center can train a Mayor in age 3. (Build limit = 1, not available to natives cives in TWC).
- The Builder unit can build the Fort in age 3.
- The Builder unit can build most military buildings faster than a settler.
- The Builder unit can gather faster than a settler but cannot build economic buildings.
- The Builder unit can build Field Hospitals in age 3. (Build limit = 4)
- The Builder unit can build a Sniper's Hut or Tower in age 3. (Build limit = 8)
- The Builder unit can build a jail in age 2. (Build limit = 8)
- A Sheriff can be trained from the jail or a fort (to enable AI use)
- A Bounty Hunter can be trained from the jail or a fort (to enable AI use)
- Town Centers can hold military units
- The hit points for walls have been doubled
- The hit points have been doubled and range and damage increased
- Many of the HC buildings and some props have been made available in the editor. Only complete buildings have been included (i.e. no buildings with backs missing etc.)
- Most new buildings will perform a function similar to an existing building.
- The Command Post can train units.
- The Fort Wall Stable and Fort Wall Barracks can train units.
- An Exploding Weapons Cache that operates like a mine has been added. It does more damage than a mine and is not stealthy.
TWC only Mods:
- The US uniquely get the Gatling Gun without revolution in age 4.
- A partisan can plant a High Explosive Device (Bomb).
- The partisan is a stealth unit
- For Native Americans Civs, a settler can also build Cherokee War Huts.
- An Arapaho Sharpshooter mercenary sniper unit can be trained by the Sioux
- A Tuscarora Pathfinder mercenary sniper unit can be trained by the Iroquois
- Settlers can be trained from the farm
- The Mayor can build a barn Farm Storage in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Grocer in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Hardware Store in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Bakery in age 4.
- The fort can train Petards
- Mercenary Incan Huaminca can be trained in the Nobles Hut
- Russian blockhouses get the Partisan, Sniper, Balloon Troop Carrier and Stagecoach Troop Carrier like the barracks.
- A mercenary Incan Bolas Warrior can be trained by the Aztecs
- The General Store has been made available
- A sherif unit that can convert guardians can be trained from the Jail.
- The US uniquely get the Ironclad in Age 5 to replace the Super Monitor.
- The Aztecs can build an Outpost.
- The Aztecs can train a Spy with stealth and powerful all round attack.
- The Sioux can train a Spy with stealth and she can kill in one stroke.
- The Iroquois can train a Saboteur, similar to a partisan and able to lay mines and plant bombs.
- The Iroquois, Sioux and Aztec settlers can build a Cherokee War Hut as well as the War Chief.
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  |
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
Hey i downloaded the mod and i can play as the us but i cant get any of the modified content like the new infantry and i keep getting and error saying it cant compile file AiloadingStandard.xs. it tried it w/o mod and the display did not occur
[Edited on 03/16/10 @ 08:04 PM]
(Insert Playability analysis here)
(Insert Creativity analysis here)
Art and Sound: 4
(Insert Art and Sound analysis here)
(Insert Installation/Instructions analysis here)
(Insert Story/Description analysis here)
First off.... Great!! Im old to AOE everything but new to using MODs. Was happy to find one of the most popular MODs with the United States. And when playing it was just a great as I thought. So much creative ideas in here. Really great job.
I do have a question, and maybe because Im new to the Mod scene.. But when looking at the cards for the US empire, I noticed the only cards different to the original games or I should say the only cards that related to the unique United States creations, were the Military cards. Are there cards that purtain to the United States in other categories? Meaning there are different settlers in the mod for the US that are stronger then others. But in the card section for settler upgrades it was only the pioneers.. Thats the type of card differences I was looking for. And Im not complaining, Im just asking.
Thanks for a great job!
I blew up my AOE!! Could you tell me what I did and how I can fix the game and or mod? Basically I had the original mod on this section, AOE3MODS vC2.01. I ran it and it worked for my AOE3 and TWC. I then found the NAT mod and downloaded. I read you need to uninstall the AOE3MOD before installing NAT, so I enabled standard game in MOD menu, then clicked uninstall modifications. Then it finishes and I think I clicked exit (cant remember but it was closed). I installed NAT n n get to the popup screen that asks you if u want to read the doc everytime you start. I click proceed and then the menu comes up. I will click install modifications n the problem begins. It will backup the files it needs to and everytime it gets to the "art folder" I get the error: "Error detected with baqckup of art folder. Proceeding with installation of mod could make game unusable. Proceed anyway?"
First couple install attempts I selected no, then did the unthinkable n selected proceed. For the remaining folders it had to backup I would keep getting the error for each one. Finally when its finished, everytime I try to open any of my AOE 3 games/TWC/TAD, I get an initialization failure during startup. I can get the exact error if you need it. The error pops up right after the first video when you launch the game. And i click OK, and the game never starts. I tried re-installing the game (without uninstalling it first) and each time I get a installation failure now. Please help? Im going thru withdrawels...Any other details just ask. Thank you.
Hello. Listen, I need your help for a moment here. I'm doing a mod of my own and I've noticed that when you alter the pop count 1 to 0 to all settlers, the russian settlers cannot create because a 'blank' resource.
What do you exactly edited to solve that issue. Please I would appreciate your help.
Here's my mail in case you can't answer by this media: email@example.com
only place I have to ding you is here, because both of the scenarios included need to be redone, as they are unplayable with some easily avoided errors early in the process
Nice, original Job, so full credit
Art and Sound: 5
Nice reuse of sound and art, and plenty new art, full credit
auto-installer, so install was a breeze. Not to mention the fact you can install, then switch between modded, and unmodded without uninstalling, full credit
Nice instructions, and no story, so full credit here
*ISSUE* This may just be for me, but settlers cannot build any buildings, this lead to the AI not doing anything but gathering resources whilst the other civs with special settlers (Such as the french, Iroquois, Americans, Germans etc.) could build and attack.
lol you cant talk cuz this file from 2007
Hello! I have the Steam version of AOE3. Can I use AOE3 MOD on it?
I tried installing AOE3MOD, and first, it did not recognize where my AOE3 files were located, since I have the steam version, so I told the Mod installer to install in the Steam directory under the AOE3 folder there.
It then said that there was a problem installing the Data and art files. I then tried to run my game, and it did run (and I could play the two included scenarios) but I could not see any changes being made by the Modification. That is, nothing seemed different about my game.
Next, I tried to install the AOE3Scenarios Folder that is made for AOE3MOD, but the installer for that pack of scenarios did not recognize that I already have AOE3 installed.
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  |
|Art and Sound||1.5|