Posted on 08/20/06 @ 09:20 PM (updated 09/15/07
AOE3MODS Combination 2.01
Now compatible with v1.12 update and includes a new installer. Beware, the new installer takes longer because it backs up all modified folders.
Nearly all scenarios have been removed from the mod pack. There are some new scenarios include in a version 2 scenario packs available for the Single Player Scenarios.
Updates new to this version of AOE3MODS include:
- Introduced new civilian Mayor Unit.
- The mayor can build the factory that had previously been a function of the settler.
- The number of factories will now be limited to 8.
- Sounds for many new units have been updated (or added if they did not exist)
- Sniper range has been reduced to 50 (build limit now = 30)
- Sniper’s Tower & Sniper’s Hut have had range reduced to 50
- Goliath range has been reduced to 60.
- Artillery Balloon build limit reduced to 10.
- Made Fixed Great Cannon available in the editor
- Made Fixed Great Bombard available in the editor
- Made Fixed Cannon available in the editor
- Made Fixed Rocket available in the editor
- Made Fixed Falconet available in the editor
- Made Fixed Culverin available in the editor
- Made stone walls available in the editor
- The mayor can build a Hardware Store (generates gold).
- The mayor can build a Grocer (generates gold).
- The mayor can build a Bakery (generates food).
- The mayor can build a barn (Farm Storage) (generates food).
- Pawnee mercenaries now replaced by Arapaho and Tuscarora.
These modifications have not been tested in mult-player games but the inclusion of an installer will make switching between the standard game and a moded game easy, for those who regularly play multi-player. The installer will backup all files to be modified and copy the changed files to the correct locations. The original files can be replaced by clicking the remove button.
A more complete list if mods include (common mods):
- Play as the US
- The US get single unique Cavalry unit for hand and ranged combat
- The US get a unique explorer
- The US get a Trooper in age 2, with upgrades in ages 3, 4 & 5.
- The US get a Frontiersman in age 3, with upgrades in in ages 4 & 5.
- The guard and patrol commands have been enabled for most units
- Standard artillery units have been reduced in population count.
- A Artillery Balloon Transport can be trained in age 3. It can transport a single artillery unit and it has an attack capability of its own.
- A Stun Balloon can be trained in age 3 – it explodes with a wide affect but damage is not great.
- An Exploding Wagon can be trained in age 3.
- A Goliath artillery unit (based on Fixed Gun) can be trained in age 4.
- All infantry have a population count of 0.
- A Infantry Balloon Transport can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 10 infantry or civilian units and has defensive capabilities of its own.
- A Troop Carrier can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 20 infantry units only and has a defensive capability of its own.
- A Stagecoach can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 20 infantry or civilian units.
- A Sniper unit is available (to all civs except native americans) from the barracks.
- A Partisan unit can be trained in age 2.
- A partisan can lay Anti-Personnel Mines.
- The explorer can build a Cherokee War Hut to train cherokee mercenary units.
- Train the Cherokee Archer
- Train the Cherokee Rifleman
- Train the Cherokee Mounted Rifleman
- Train the Cherokee Mounted Axeman
- Cherokee War Hut units get Upgrades in ages 3 and 4.
- The war hut is also a defensive building with a reasonably powerful ranged attack but no unique upgrades.
- Docks can produce Super Monitors in age 5
- Docks can train an unlimited number of privateers.
- Docks can train fireships. (Build limit = 10 units)
- The base limit of monitors increased to 4.
- The base limit of frigates increased to 4.
- The base limit of fluyts increased to 6.
- The base limit of galleons increased to 6.
- The base limit of galleys increased to 8.
- Docks can hold ships.
- The Mayor can build factories in age 4.
- Field Hospitals can train Surgeons, which have population count of 0.
- Field hospitals can hold units
- The hit points for forts have been increased significantly.
- Forts can hold units
- Settlers can be trained from houses for everybody except the Ottomans (not Sioux or Iroquois in TWC)
- Settlers can be trained from the mill
- The hit points for outposts have been doubled
- Outposts and Blockhouses can hold units.
- Settlers can be trained from the plantation
- The Tuscarora Mounted Warrior mercenary unit is available to the Iroquois.
- The Arapaho Mounted Warrior mercenary unit is available to the Sioux.
- All cavalry have a population count of 1.
- The Ottomans can train Spahi units in the stable.
- Outposts and the Russian blockhouses can train mercenary units (standard game only).
- Russian town center does not generate settlers in blocks
- Town Center can train a Builder unit. (Build limit = 10, not available to natives cives in TWC).
- Town Center can train a Mayor in age 3. (Build limit = 1, not available to natives cives in TWC).
- The Builder unit can build the Fort in age 3.
- The Builder unit can build most military buildings faster than a settler.
- The Builder unit can gather faster than a settler but cannot build economic buildings.
- The Builder unit can build Field Hospitals in age 3. (Build limit = 4)
- The Builder unit can build a Sniper's Hut or Tower in age 3. (Build limit = 8)
- The Builder unit can build a jail in age 2. (Build limit = 8)
- A Sheriff can be trained from the jail or a fort (to enable AI use)
- A Bounty Hunter can be trained from the jail or a fort (to enable AI use)
- Town Centers can hold military units
- The hit points for walls have been doubled
- The hit points have been doubled and range and damage increased
- Many of the HC buildings and some props have been made available in the editor. Only complete buildings have been included (i.e. no buildings with backs missing etc.)
- Most new buildings will perform a function similar to an existing building.
- The Command Post can train units.
- The Fort Wall Stable and Fort Wall Barracks can train units.
- An Exploding Weapons Cache that operates like a mine has been added. It does more damage than a mine and is not stealthy.
TWC only Mods:
- The US uniquely get the Gatling Gun without revolution in age 4.
- A partisan can plant a High Explosive Device (Bomb).
- The partisan is a stealth unit
- For Native Americans Civs, a settler can also build Cherokee War Huts.
- An Arapaho Sharpshooter mercenary sniper unit can be trained by the Sioux
- A Tuscarora Pathfinder mercenary sniper unit can be trained by the Iroquois
- Settlers can be trained from the farm
- The Mayor can build a barn Farm Storage in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Grocer in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Hardware Store in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Bakery in age 4.
- The fort can train Petards
- Mercenary Incan Huaminca can be trained in the Nobles Hut
- Russian blockhouses get the Partisan, Sniper, Balloon Troop Carrier and Stagecoach Troop Carrier like the barracks.
- A mercenary Incan Bolas Warrior can be trained by the Aztecs
- The General Store has been made available
- A sherif unit that can convert guardians can be trained from the Jail.
- The US uniquely get the Ironclad in Age 5 to replace the Super Monitor.
- The Aztecs can build an Outpost.
- The Aztecs can train a Spy with stealth and powerful all round attack.
- The Sioux can train a Spy with stealth and she can kill in one stroke.
- The Iroquois can train a Saboteur, similar to a partisan and able to lay mines and plant bombs.
- The Iroquois, Sioux and Aztec settlers can build a Cherokee War Hut as well as the War Chief.
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  9 10 11 12 13 14 » Last » |
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
mikheil: This installer is an older version (compared to NAT) but it normally removes things it knows about cleanly. You can check the following:
The installer renames some original xml files to have the .jpm extension. If any of these files exist in the Data folder, the uninstall process may have failed. If they are no longer there, then the uninstall process worked. Also try deleting any homecity?.xml.xmb files, the civs.xml.xmb file and the tactics sub folder. Also delete the abilities.xml.xmb file from the abilities sub folder.
The mod will have added some files to the Art folder and they should have been removed. Check to make sure you only have *.bar files and two possible sub folders: patch and ui. Anything else can be deleted.
delete all *.xmb files in this folder, leaving only *.bar files and a number of sub folders.
Again, old files here will have been renamed to use .jpm. If the .jpm files no longer exist, the uninstall was successful.
If these things check out, then I cannot help you and it may have been another mod that caused the problems. You may have to re-install to clean up your game (your data folders will stay in tact). I keep backup copies of all the program folders, so that I can recover from mod installs quickly and easily.
Thanks a bunch JL PEmber. i reinstalled Warhiefs and it works fine online and with single play. The only aftermath of that botched installation are Ntf2.tmp Ntf3.tmp Ntf4.tmp Ntf5.tmp files as i go into local Disc C: which i cannot delete. Are those leftovers of that modpack ?
[Edited on 05/24/07 @ 05:30 PM]
Sorry, nothing to do with the mod. They must have been created by something else. I am surprised you cannot delete them. Try after a reboot. If you still cannot delete them they could be held open a some proceess you have runnning on the PC.
[Edited on 05/24/07 @ 09:05 PM]
just curious as to when TAD is released, would i have to uninstall this mod when i buy the new expansion? other than that its a kick ass mod which i like the idea in using in upcoming scenarios i makin :)
ImperialLord: That is an interesting question which I am not sure about at the moment. My guess is that, if it is like TWC, there will be some shared files and that will mean this mod would have some impact on TAD.
Even if that is not a problem, I would recommend removing this mod before installing TAD. Then back up the major program sub folders Art, Data, Sound and Startup. After that you can reinstall the mod – knowing that you can recover the situation cleanly.
I cannot promise, but there is the possibility that I may update the mod to be compatible with TAD - assuming it is possible. If I do, I will probably use the NAT Installer which makes a backup copy of your program folders for you.
Great mod! I have the mac version (lol) of AOE3 which doesn't seem to like mods very much but I did manage to partially install it at one point. Very good how you've got the ironclads+gattling guns etc in the AOE3 version of the mod.
So like I said I didn't get to play it as of yet but eventually I'll get around to try and put some of the new units in the game.
ceigered: Sorry to disappoint you but you will not be able to use unique TWC features (like the Gatling gun) in the standard game. However, most of the mod features are very similar.
If you email me using jlpember at hotmail dot com, I will send you some manual instructions for installation. You will need something on the Mac equivalent to WinZip, so you can open the self extracting zip.
I don't have TWC; just the vanilla AOE3. Is it still possible for me to play as the US? If so, how do I do it? Other than that, this is a great mod.
striker1942: The standard version is just the same as TWC, you have to select one of the St.Louis homecities (that are supplied with the mod) to play as the US.
[Edited on 06/22/07 @ 01:58 PM]
Well I downloaded the file and installed it. The four homecities showed up in my homecities folder, but I can't build any unique US units, shipments I clicked on never arrive even though they complete, and... I dont think its working correctly. Do you know what the problem is?
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  9 10 11 12 13 14 » Last » |
|Art and Sound||1.5|