Posted on 08/20/06 @ 09:20 PM (updated 09/15/07
AOE3MODS Combination 2.01
Now compatible with v1.12 update and includes a new installer. Beware, the new installer takes longer because it backs up all modified folders.
Nearly all scenarios have been removed from the mod pack. There are some new scenarios include in a version 2 scenario packs available for the Single Player Scenarios.
Updates new to this version of AOE3MODS include:
- Introduced new civilian Mayor Unit.
- The mayor can build the factory that had previously been a function of the settler.
- The number of factories will now be limited to 8.
- Sounds for many new units have been updated (or added if they did not exist)
- Sniper range has been reduced to 50 (build limit now = 30)
- Sniper’s Tower & Sniper’s Hut have had range reduced to 50
- Goliath range has been reduced to 60.
- Artillery Balloon build limit reduced to 10.
- Made Fixed Great Cannon available in the editor
- Made Fixed Great Bombard available in the editor
- Made Fixed Cannon available in the editor
- Made Fixed Rocket available in the editor
- Made Fixed Falconet available in the editor
- Made Fixed Culverin available in the editor
- Made stone walls available in the editor
- The mayor can build a Hardware Store (generates gold).
- The mayor can build a Grocer (generates gold).
- The mayor can build a Bakery (generates food).
- The mayor can build a barn (Farm Storage) (generates food).
- Pawnee mercenaries now replaced by Arapaho and Tuscarora.
These modifications have not been tested in mult-player games but the inclusion of an installer will make switching between the standard game and a moded game easy, for those who regularly play multi-player. The installer will backup all files to be modified and copy the changed files to the correct locations. The original files can be replaced by clicking the remove button.
A more complete list if mods include (common mods):
- Play as the US
- The US get single unique Cavalry unit for hand and ranged combat
- The US get a unique explorer
- The US get a Trooper in age 2, with upgrades in ages 3, 4 & 5.
- The US get a Frontiersman in age 3, with upgrades in in ages 4 & 5.
- The guard and patrol commands have been enabled for most units
- Standard artillery units have been reduced in population count.
- A Artillery Balloon Transport can be trained in age 3. It can transport a single artillery unit and it has an attack capability of its own.
- A Stun Balloon can be trained in age 3 – it explodes with a wide affect but damage is not great.
- An Exploding Wagon can be trained in age 3.
- A Goliath artillery unit (based on Fixed Gun) can be trained in age 4.
- All infantry have a population count of 0.
- A Infantry Balloon Transport can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 10 infantry or civilian units and has defensive capabilities of its own.
- A Troop Carrier can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 20 infantry units only and has a defensive capability of its own.
- A Stagecoach can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 20 infantry or civilian units.
- A Sniper unit is available (to all civs except native americans) from the barracks.
- A Partisan unit can be trained in age 2.
- A partisan can lay Anti-Personnel Mines.
- The explorer can build a Cherokee War Hut to train cherokee mercenary units.
- Train the Cherokee Archer
- Train the Cherokee Rifleman
- Train the Cherokee Mounted Rifleman
- Train the Cherokee Mounted Axeman
- Cherokee War Hut units get Upgrades in ages 3 and 4.
- The war hut is also a defensive building with a reasonably powerful ranged attack but no unique upgrades.
- Docks can produce Super Monitors in age 5
- Docks can train an unlimited number of privateers.
- Docks can train fireships. (Build limit = 10 units)
- The base limit of monitors increased to 4.
- The base limit of frigates increased to 4.
- The base limit of fluyts increased to 6.
- The base limit of galleons increased to 6.
- The base limit of galleys increased to 8.
- Docks can hold ships.
- The Mayor can build factories in age 4.
- Field Hospitals can train Surgeons, which have population count of 0.
- Field hospitals can hold units
- The hit points for forts have been increased significantly.
- Forts can hold units
- Settlers can be trained from houses for everybody except the Ottomans (not Sioux or Iroquois in TWC)
- Settlers can be trained from the mill
- The hit points for outposts have been doubled
- Outposts and Blockhouses can hold units.
- Settlers can be trained from the plantation
- The Tuscarora Mounted Warrior mercenary unit is available to the Iroquois.
- The Arapaho Mounted Warrior mercenary unit is available to the Sioux.
- All cavalry have a population count of 1.
- The Ottomans can train Spahi units in the stable.
- Outposts and the Russian blockhouses can train mercenary units (standard game only).
- Russian town center does not generate settlers in blocks
- Town Center can train a Builder unit. (Build limit = 10, not available to natives cives in TWC).
- Town Center can train a Mayor in age 3. (Build limit = 1, not available to natives cives in TWC).
- The Builder unit can build the Fort in age 3.
- The Builder unit can build most military buildings faster than a settler.
- The Builder unit can gather faster than a settler but cannot build economic buildings.
- The Builder unit can build Field Hospitals in age 3. (Build limit = 4)
- The Builder unit can build a Sniper's Hut or Tower in age 3. (Build limit = 8)
- The Builder unit can build a jail in age 2. (Build limit = 8)
- A Sheriff can be trained from the jail or a fort (to enable AI use)
- A Bounty Hunter can be trained from the jail or a fort (to enable AI use)
- Town Centers can hold military units
- The hit points for walls have been doubled
- The hit points have been doubled and range and damage increased
- Many of the HC buildings and some props have been made available in the editor. Only complete buildings have been included (i.e. no buildings with backs missing etc.)
- Most new buildings will perform a function similar to an existing building.
- The Command Post can train units.
- The Fort Wall Stable and Fort Wall Barracks can train units.
- An Exploding Weapons Cache that operates like a mine has been added. It does more damage than a mine and is not stealthy.
TWC only Mods:
- The US uniquely get the Gatling Gun without revolution in age 4.
- A partisan can plant a High Explosive Device (Bomb).
- The partisan is a stealth unit
- For Native Americans Civs, a settler can also build Cherokee War Huts.
- An Arapaho Sharpshooter mercenary sniper unit can be trained by the Sioux
- A Tuscarora Pathfinder mercenary sniper unit can be trained by the Iroquois
- Settlers can be trained from the farm
- The Mayor can build a barn Farm Storage in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Grocer in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Hardware Store in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Bakery in age 4.
- The fort can train Petards
- Mercenary Incan Huaminca can be trained in the Nobles Hut
- Russian blockhouses get the Partisan, Sniper, Balloon Troop Carrier and Stagecoach Troop Carrier like the barracks.
- A mercenary Incan Bolas Warrior can be trained by the Aztecs
- The General Store has been made available
- A sherif unit that can convert guardians can be trained from the Jail.
- The US uniquely get the Ironclad in Age 5 to replace the Super Monitor.
- The Aztecs can build an Outpost.
- The Aztecs can train a Spy with stealth and powerful all round attack.
- The Sioux can train a Spy with stealth and she can kill in one stroke.
- The Iroquois can train a Saboteur, similar to a partisan and able to lay mines and plant bombs.
- The Iroquois, Sioux and Aztec settlers can build a Cherokee War Hut as well as the War Chief.
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  11 12 13 14 » Last » |
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
|Al the Great
Al the Great
I'm back. After a complete uninstall of both aoe3 and twc I re-installed, created homecities, and updated the latest patches. I then tried to load up your mod and got the same old error messages indicating that certain back up folders are not detected.
The mod installer dialog box list the following paths on default:
Path to Microsoft AOEIII program files:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of EmpiresIII\"
Path to Microsoft AOE III user data files:
"C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documnents\My Games\Age of Empires 3
Are these the correct paths? What is causing the error messages and failure to find the proper backup folders? If I proceed with the installation the regular loadup of aoe3 and the twc will not work. Will this mod work if i chose not to update the game with the latest patches? Help please.
PS: How does the Draugur mod effect your mods, if any?
[Edited on 10/23/07 @ 02:48 PM]
Al the Great: The installer would tell you if those folders did not exist. The folders must exist but they could be old and not contain anything. This would cause the problem you describe.
If you look in the programs folder and see sub folders\files called art_ModBackup\art1.bar, data_ModBackup\data.bar, sound_ModBackup\sound.bar & startup_ModBackup\game.con, then the backups are working.
If you do not find these folders\files, then look for the originals in art\art1.bar, data\data.bar etc.
[Edited on 10/24/07 @ 07:57 PM]
|Al the Great
Al the Great;
What's your point? The folders "art", "data" ect all exist in the folders established upon initial install of the game. How do I get you MOD to create the mod backup folders? Its this failure that continues to cause the mod to not install properly.
Al the Great: Your concern was that the installer had not found the right path. My explanation was to help you determine if it had and if any attemp to backup had been made.
btw: the paths you showed look quite normal and the Draugur mod will not have any impact.
If the program path found by the installer is correct, I am not sure what the problem is. The backup process uses Xcopy to make the backups, so the only reasons I can think of for failure are:
1. Permissions - possibly you do not have write permissions, but if you installed the game, I guess you must have.
2. Disk space - if your disk space is low, then the copis may fail.
3. There may be a problem with using the Xcopy command.
[Edited on 10/27/07 @ 01:25 PM]
|Al the Great
There are no backups. Ive got 400GB space to spare and Ive got write permission. Please expand on Xcopy issue.
Al the Great: The installer uses the following command to backup each folder:
xcopy "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\art\*.*" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\art_ModBackup\*.*" /S /E /Q /H /R /K /O /Y
This example uses the art folder, the same is repeated for data, sound and startup.
[Edited on 10/30/07 @ 03:29 PM]
when i try to install this mod it says the Specified Program Path Cannot be Found. the game is installed on my D drive (not C) and i imagine this is why this error is occurring, but even if i point it to the game dir it still wont pick it up.
|Al the Great
Al the Great:
The installer mod does not create any of the backup files you have listed. Do you know why that is?
calisonic: Did you use the browse button to locate both the data and program directories ?
Al the Great: Did you try executing the xcopy command and if so, did it work or give an error ?
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  11 12 13 14 » Last » |
|Art and Sound||1.5|