Posted on 08/20/06 @ 09:20 PM (updated 09/15/07
AOE3MODS Combination 2.01
Now compatible with v1.12 update and includes a new installer. Beware, the new installer takes longer because it backs up all modified folders.
Nearly all scenarios have been removed from the mod pack. There are some new scenarios include in a version 2 scenario packs available for the Single Player Scenarios.
Updates new to this version of AOE3MODS include:
- Introduced new civilian Mayor Unit.
- The mayor can build the factory that had previously been a function of the settler.
- The number of factories will now be limited to 8.
- Sounds for many new units have been updated (or added if they did not exist)
- Sniper range has been reduced to 50 (build limit now = 30)
- Sniper’s Tower & Sniper’s Hut have had range reduced to 50
- Goliath range has been reduced to 60.
- Artillery Balloon build limit reduced to 10.
- Made Fixed Great Cannon available in the editor
- Made Fixed Great Bombard available in the editor
- Made Fixed Cannon available in the editor
- Made Fixed Rocket available in the editor
- Made Fixed Falconet available in the editor
- Made Fixed Culverin available in the editor
- Made stone walls available in the editor
- The mayor can build a Hardware Store (generates gold).
- The mayor can build a Grocer (generates gold).
- The mayor can build a Bakery (generates food).
- The mayor can build a barn (Farm Storage) (generates food).
- Pawnee mercenaries now replaced by Arapaho and Tuscarora.
These modifications have not been tested in mult-player games but the inclusion of an installer will make switching between the standard game and a moded game easy, for those who regularly play multi-player. The installer will backup all files to be modified and copy the changed files to the correct locations. The original files can be replaced by clicking the remove button.
A more complete list if mods include (common mods):
- Play as the US
- The US get single unique Cavalry unit for hand and ranged combat
- The US get a unique explorer
- The US get a Trooper in age 2, with upgrades in ages 3, 4 & 5.
- The US get a Frontiersman in age 3, with upgrades in in ages 4 & 5.
- The guard and patrol commands have been enabled for most units
- Standard artillery units have been reduced in population count.
- A Artillery Balloon Transport can be trained in age 3. It can transport a single artillery unit and it has an attack capability of its own.
- A Stun Balloon can be trained in age 3 – it explodes with a wide affect but damage is not great.
- An Exploding Wagon can be trained in age 3.
- A Goliath artillery unit (based on Fixed Gun) can be trained in age 4.
- All infantry have a population count of 0.
- A Infantry Balloon Transport can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 10 infantry or civilian units and has defensive capabilities of its own.
- A Troop Carrier can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 20 infantry units only and has a defensive capability of its own.
- A Stagecoach can be trained in age 2. It can carry up to 20 infantry or civilian units.
- A Sniper unit is available (to all civs except native americans) from the barracks.
- A Partisan unit can be trained in age 2.
- A partisan can lay Anti-Personnel Mines.
- The explorer can build a Cherokee War Hut to train cherokee mercenary units.
- Train the Cherokee Archer
- Train the Cherokee Rifleman
- Train the Cherokee Mounted Rifleman
- Train the Cherokee Mounted Axeman
- Cherokee War Hut units get Upgrades in ages 3 and 4.
- The war hut is also a defensive building with a reasonably powerful ranged attack but no unique upgrades.
- Docks can produce Super Monitors in age 5
- Docks can train an unlimited number of privateers.
- Docks can train fireships. (Build limit = 10 units)
- The base limit of monitors increased to 4.
- The base limit of frigates increased to 4.
- The base limit of fluyts increased to 6.
- The base limit of galleons increased to 6.
- The base limit of galleys increased to 8.
- Docks can hold ships.
- The Mayor can build factories in age 4.
- Field Hospitals can train Surgeons, which have population count of 0.
- Field hospitals can hold units
- The hit points for forts have been increased significantly.
- Forts can hold units
- Settlers can be trained from houses for everybody except the Ottomans (not Sioux or Iroquois in TWC)
- Settlers can be trained from the mill
- The hit points for outposts have been doubled
- Outposts and Blockhouses can hold units.
- Settlers can be trained from the plantation
- The Tuscarora Mounted Warrior mercenary unit is available to the Iroquois.
- The Arapaho Mounted Warrior mercenary unit is available to the Sioux.
- All cavalry have a population count of 1.
- The Ottomans can train Spahi units in the stable.
- Outposts and the Russian blockhouses can train mercenary units (standard game only).
- Russian town center does not generate settlers in blocks
- Town Center can train a Builder unit. (Build limit = 10, not available to natives cives in TWC).
- Town Center can train a Mayor in age 3. (Build limit = 1, not available to natives cives in TWC).
- The Builder unit can build the Fort in age 3.
- The Builder unit can build most military buildings faster than a settler.
- The Builder unit can gather faster than a settler but cannot build economic buildings.
- The Builder unit can build Field Hospitals in age 3. (Build limit = 4)
- The Builder unit can build a Sniper's Hut or Tower in age 3. (Build limit = 8)
- The Builder unit can build a jail in age 2. (Build limit = 8)
- A Sheriff can be trained from the jail or a fort (to enable AI use)
- A Bounty Hunter can be trained from the jail or a fort (to enable AI use)
- Town Centers can hold military units
- The hit points for walls have been doubled
- The hit points have been doubled and range and damage increased
- Many of the HC buildings and some props have been made available in the editor. Only complete buildings have been included (i.e. no buildings with backs missing etc.)
- Most new buildings will perform a function similar to an existing building.
- The Command Post can train units.
- The Fort Wall Stable and Fort Wall Barracks can train units.
- An Exploding Weapons Cache that operates like a mine has been added. It does more damage than a mine and is not stealthy.
TWC only Mods:
- The US uniquely get the Gatling Gun without revolution in age 4.
- A partisan can plant a High Explosive Device (Bomb).
- The partisan is a stealth unit
- For Native Americans Civs, a settler can also build Cherokee War Huts.
- An Arapaho Sharpshooter mercenary sniper unit can be trained by the Sioux
- A Tuscarora Pathfinder mercenary sniper unit can be trained by the Iroquois
- Settlers can be trained from the farm
- The Mayor can build a barn Farm Storage in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Grocer in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Hardware Store in age 4.
- The Mayor can build a Bakery in age 4.
- The fort can train Petards
- Mercenary Incan Huaminca can be trained in the Nobles Hut
- Russian blockhouses get the Partisan, Sniper, Balloon Troop Carrier and Stagecoach Troop Carrier like the barracks.
- A mercenary Incan Bolas Warrior can be trained by the Aztecs
- The General Store has been made available
- A sherif unit that can convert guardians can be trained from the Jail.
- The US uniquely get the Ironclad in Age 5 to replace the Super Monitor.
- The Aztecs can build an Outpost.
- The Aztecs can train a Spy with stealth and powerful all round attack.
- The Sioux can train a Spy with stealth and she can kill in one stroke.
- The Iroquois can train a Saboteur, similar to a partisan and able to lay mines and plant bombs.
- The Iroquois, Sioux and Aztec settlers can build a Cherokee War Hut as well as the War Chief.
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » Last » |
|Author||Comments ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
Jarl: Can you tell me what did not work in War Chierfs when the mod was installed in the standard game?
The US Cavalry presents a problem because of the availability of a base cavalry unit. The unit used for a US Trooper is actually more like the cavalry but there is no mounted version for me to modify. I will look through the WC to see if the is anything new I can use.
There will be a new super unit, that looks a bit like a scout, available to all civs in version 7 and my first WC update; he will be called a Partisan.
The standard game does not get uninstalled when you install WC, so you should be able to access it along with all your old scenarios. There does seem to be a problem converting standard scenarios to WC, I have only been successful with 1 so far.
To change the map generation size you need to edit the base map. Go to the RM or RM2 directory, eg: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires 3\RM and locate the base .xs map file you want to work with. Make a copy of the file as backup. You will need to remove the 'Read Only' attribute from you chosen file (lets say amazonia.xs). Then load the file in Notepad and search for 'int playerTiles'. I have changed this to 25000. Here is an example from my file:
// Picks the map size
int playerTiles = 25000;
if (cNumberNonGaiaPlayers >4)
playerTiles = 20000;
if (cNumberNonGaiaPlayers >6)
playerTiles = 15000;
Then save the file. The next time you use it to generate a map, it will base the map size on these new values. In this case, it generates a 632 x 632 map for 4 players. My Guess is you will need a setting of closer to 600000 to get a 1000 x 1000 map.
[Edited on 10/29/06 @ 01:30 PM]
|Jarl Helge Vidoya
jlpember: With Warchiefs and your MOD installed I could't find the new native tribes in scenario editor menu, Native american manager.
After the MOD was unloaded all the new native tribes was suddenly there.
Is it possible to export (copy) triggers in a scenario of the standard game with help of the scenario editor to the scenario editor of the warchiefs. That would save me a lot of work.
Jarl Helge Vidoya
[Edited on 10/31/06 @ 10:44 AM]
Jarl: Thank you, it is helpfull to know, as my testing is extensive but there are bound to be things I miss.
To transfer triggers, install the new AOE3 editor submitted by reyk. It allows you to copy all the triggers between scenarios.
btw: Just submitted AOE3MODS for The War Chiefs v1, as a separate download. Amongst other things, it includes a US Cavalry unit that you were looking for.
[Edited on 10/31/06 @ 10:54 AM]
thanks for the help jp
great mod, makes this a whole new game
i was just wondering if you are going to be making any more mods for the normal age of empires3 or just the Warchiefs
Keep up the Great Work!
Hunt3r: Yes, where I can I will put WC mods back into the standard version. Unfortunatly, they cannot be exactly the same though. But I would like to maintain as much consistancy as possible.
|Jarl Helge Vidoya
jlpember: Thanks for your help.
I think the problem goes a bit deeper though. As you can't run two AOE3 games at the same time, you have to close the standard game after copying the triggers before you can load The War Chiefs. But then the copy of the triggers is gone.
Therefore I wonder if there is a way to keep or save the trigger-copy while you close the standard game and load The War Chiefs.
Next I look forward to play your new AOE3MODS for The War Chiefs. I suppose you load the 8 MB AOE3MODS v6 first and then the 1,69 MB AOE3MODS for The War Chiefs v1?
Jarl Helge Vidoya
Jarl: That is a pain, I agree. It will cause me problems too.
The WC version of the mods is stand alone. You do not need the previous version. In fact, if you go back and install v6 after the WC version, the WC version will not funtion correctly, without being removed and reinstalled.
what civilization is the US based on? i'm trying to modify that civilization but when i open up the bar files, i can't find the US
i have a qusetion ur mod doent show ne where except in the map editor
|Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » Last » |
|Art and Sound||1.5|