In Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs, you have the option of aligning with a Native American tribe, using their unique units and technologies. This makes them into a sub-civilization with their own unit population limits and very affordable prices, with almost all units costing only small amounts of food and wood. Their technologies affect both the Native American units and European units, making them invaluable.
- A powerful tribe with fierce warriors and clever strategists, that were mainly based around Arizona, Texas, New Mexico and northwest Mexico, and with a small group on the plains.
- Units: Apache Cavalry
- Technologies: Apache Cactus Use (150 , 100 ) (increases villager speed and HP by 15%), Apache Raiders (150 , 150 ) (Apache Warriors do 200% more damage to villagers), Apache Indurance (300 , 300 ) (Infantry, cavalry and artillery have +5% speed)
- Maps: Texas, Sonora, Painted Desert
- A Caribbean tribe that valued the exploits of its warriors, and was also known to raid local colonies. They defended their lands fiercely and caused the frightened Spanish to avoid lands owned by their tribe.
- Units: Carib Blowgunner
- Technologies: Carib Kasiri Beer (250 , 250 ) (Pets, archers and melee infantry do +10% damage), Carib Garifuna Drums (150 , 150 )(archers do 100% more damage to villagers), Carib Ambush Party (200 , 200 ) (explorer can train a small ambush party of blowgunners)
- Maps: Carribean, Hispaniola, Orinoco
- A peaceful agricultural people living in settlements around the southern Appalachian mountains. They became increasingly hostile after contact with Europeans, becoming a part of the weapons trade and developing themselves as an independent nation.
- Units: Cherokee Rifleman (skirmisher)
- Technologies: Cherokee War Dance (200 , 200 ) (all native allies have +20% speed), Cherokee Basket Weaving (100 , 100 ) (dock/market/mill/plantation upgrades don't cost wood), Sequoyah's Cherokee Syllabary (200 , 200 ) (get shipment of settlers)
- Maps: Bayou, Carolina, New England
- The Cheyenne were a tribe from the Great Plains comprised of 10 different bands of people. They were a combatant in the Battle of the Little Bighorn.
- Units: Cheyenne Rider
- Technologies: Cheyenne Hunting Grounds (150 , 150 ) (12 bison appear at town centre), Cheyenne Horse Trading (250 , 250 ) (cavalry train +40% faster - no effect to Dog Soldiers), Cheyenne Fury (350 , 350 ) (Cheyenne Riders do +100% damage to cavalry)
- Maps: Great Lakes, Great Plains, Rockies
- Once a part of the Shoshoni tribe, the Comanche migrated after acquisition of the European horse, becoming a separate tribe in southwest America. They were widely known for their archery skills.
- Units: Comanche Horse Archer
- Technologies: Comanche Horse Breeding (150 , 150 ) (cavalry HP +10%), Comanche Trade Language (100 , 100 ) (all research items cost -10% coin), Comanche Mustangs (200 , 200 ) (cavalry speed +10%)
- Maps: Great Plains, Rockies, Texas
- North American tribe that ranged from the Rocky Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean. The Cree were excellence at hunting, becoming very active in the fur trade.
- Units: Cree Tracker (skirmisher), Cree Coureur des Bois (unique settler)
- Technologies: Cree Textile Craftsmanship (175 , 175 ) (buildings cost -25% wood), Cree Kinship (225 , 225 ) (Cree Tracker build limit +50%), Cree Tanning (175 , 175 ) (infantry and cavalry HP +5%)
- Maps: Saguenay, Yukon
- The Huron were originally from what is now Southern Ontario and Quebec in Canada, and were involved in fierce battles with the nearby Iroquois, a battle that intensified when the European powers got involved.
- Units: Huron Mantlet
- Technologies: Huron Fish Wedding (75 , 75 ) (buildings cost -25% wood), Huron Sun Ceremony (225 , 225 ) (Huron Mantlet build limit +200%), Huron Trade Dominance (400 , 400 ) (ships 1 Huron Mantlet for every minute of the game up to 30 minutes)
- Maps: Great Lakes, New England, Saguenay
- The Incan Empire was located in south America, centering on the Andean mountain range. They were known for their conquests, through both hostile and diplomatic means.
- Units: Incan Bolas Warrior, Incan Huaminca
- Technologies: Incan Roadbuilding (300 300 ) (Infantry +20% speed), Incan Metalworking (175 175 ) (villager coin gathering rate from mine +20%), Incan Chasquis Messengers (250 250 ) (Infantry and Cavalry train +25% faster, Artillery; +10%. No effect to Dog Soldiers and Skull Knights)
- Maps: Amazonia, Andes, Araucania, Pampas
- The Klamath mainly subsisted from fish and gathered roots and seeds. They were famed for their archery skills and were known to raid nearby tribes, taking prisoners.
- Units: Klamath Rifleman
- Technologies: Klamath Strategy (200 150 ) (Klamath Riflemen do 25% more damage), Klamath Huckleberry Feast (150 , 150 ) (Ships a crate of 100 food for every 3 minutes of the game, up until 30 minutes), Klamath Work Ethos (100 100 100 ) (Villagers gather all resources +5% faster)
- Maps: California, Northwest Territory
- The Mapuche were an argiculturally based tribe from South America, particularly southern Chile and Argentina.
- Units: Mapuche Ironwood Clubman
- Technologies: Mapuche Ad-mapu (250 250 ) (All units cost -20% coin) Mapuche Tactics (200 200 ) (Melee Infantry have +50% seige attack) Mapuche Treaty of Quillin (225 225 ) (Ships a crate of 100 coin for every two minutes in game up till 30 minutes)
- Maps: Araucania
- A large, ancient tribe that settled in the Yucatan peninsula. They were known for their intelligence and architecture.
- Units: Maya Holcan Spearman (anti-cavalry infantry), Medicine Man (healer)
- Technologies: Maya Cotton Armor (300 300 ) (Melee Infantry +20% HP), Maya Calendar (120 120 ) (food gather rate increased by +10%)
- Maps: Orinoco, Sonora, Yucatan
- From the American Southwest, the Navajo were a mobile tribe that hunted bison and travelled carrying their goods using travois.
- Units: Navajo Rifleman
- Technologies: Navajo Weaving (100 250 ) (All troops +5% hp), Navajo Shepherds (200 ) (Herds animals +30% faster) Navajo Craftsmanship (150 , 100 ) (Plantation, Mining, Whaling gather rate +20% faster)
- Maps: Painted Desert, Sonora
- Native Americans that were among the first north Pacific tribes to come into contact with the Europeans.
- Units: Nootka Clubman, Nootka War Chief
- Technologies: Nootka Bark Clothing (125 125 ) (Villager HP +50%), Nootka Potlatch (300 , 300 ) (Nootka Clubman train 50% faster and are 10% cheaper), Loyal Nootka War Chief (200 200 ) (Explorer can train 1 Nootka WarChief for 200 100 )
- Maps: California, Northwest Territory, Yukon
- Lower Creek nation that moved into Florida so they wouldn't be dominated by their enemies, and merged with the indigenous tribes already at that location. They provided a tough resistance against European attacks, but fell despite their valiant efforts.
- Units: Seminole Sharktooth Bowman
- Technologies: Seminole Guerrilla Wars (200 200 ) (Seminole Sharktooth Bowmen get +300% multiplies vs. buildings), Seminole Bowery (300 300 ) (Archer attack +35%)
- Maps: Bayou, Carolina
- Tribe that at first inhabited the Amazon rain forest, but soon spread southward and occupied the Atlantic coast. They were aggressive, being said to have been ritualistic cannibals.
- Units: Tupi Blackwood Archer
- Technologies: Tupi Poison Arrow Frogs (150 150 ) (All Archer Damage +10%), Tupi Animal Lore (75 75 ) (Can train Cougars from Town Centre; build limit of 12 cost of 100 ), Tupi Forest Burning (175 175 ) (Buildings cost 20% less wood)
- Maps: Orinoco, Pampas, Amzonia
- From southern Mesoamerica, the Zapotec were had a sedentary but advanced culture and were often at war with the Aztecs.
- Units: Zapotec Lightning Warrior
- Technologies: Zapotec Food of the Gods (175 175 ) (Gather from Berries, Mills, Farms, and Plantations 10% faster), Zapotec Cult of the Dead (200 200 ) (Melee Infantry do 20% more damage), Zapotec Cloud People (225 225 ) (Delivers a crate of 100 wood for every 2 mins in game up to 30 minutes)
- Maps: Amazonia, Orinoco, Yucatan
Please obtain prior written permission from HeavenGames if you wish to use our site's content and graphics on other sites, publications, or media. Age of Empires III is a game by Ensemble Studios and published by Microsoft Game Studios.
Disclaimer | Privacy Statement | Forum Code of Conduct . .