You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

New World Tournament

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Observer Mode Maps
posted 07-27-06 07:36 PM EDT (US)   
We know that there is no official observer mode map. But with pftq's custom maps it is possible to observe.

I've been reading around lately and noticed people really want to observe some games, expert games. And witness some tournament games in action.

Basically, I was wondering if any of you final 16 would be willing to have their game(s) played on observer mode maps. It's help out the community I think and people would enjoy it.

It's up to you and your opponent though so please reply and I'll organize something once you have your meeting times

Edit- Only 6 people will be able to watch so it may be possible to "broadcast" the game live as well. We'll probably use the HeavenGames TeamSpeak Server. But if neither competitior has TS, HG has a Vent server as well.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]

[This message has been edited by Stonewall J (edited 07-27-2006 @ 07:58 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-27-06 09:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
6 watchers no! 1 watcher who makes a voiceor video broadcast ok if it doesnt lagg at all.. but i think most wont do this becuz of strats they want to use in all their rounds or bcuz someone could tell it the other player in voicechat
posted 07-27-06 09:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
Heh, yeah. I meant a max of 6 watchers.

But that is the issue, depending if people want to do it or not and if people will go so far to set up a different room in which a listener tell the opponent everything the other competitior is doing =/.

posted 07-27-06 09:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
Well wait Stonewall id only do 1 maybe two obs. I agree with groni any more and u get lots of lag.

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • posted 07-27-06 10:20 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
    Yeah, makes sense. I meant a max of 6 observers, but one "broadcaster" is all that is needed.

posted 07-27-06 10:30 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
    yeah, sounds good. What does everyone else think of that.

• posted 07-28-06 01:05 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
    do it do it!!
    posted 07-28-06 07:32 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
    At least I dont want anyone to observe my tourney games , sry

[This message has been edited by RuthlessOP (edited 07-28-2006 @ 07:33 AM).]

posted 07-28-06 09:27 AM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
    I think it's very kind of Stonewall to ask the players, but if I would organize a tourney and spend money for it, I would players force to follow my rules.

If live-broadcasting is possible, the benefit for the community is simply way bigger than the small uncomfortable feeling for the players.

Imagine the TV stations asking the players of an icehockey team if they would mind if the game would be broadcasted on TV... ridiculous.

So I just follow SoldieRs words.

Though, I wouldn't allow more than one person to observe (and he does the broadcasting). Simply because if you have more than person observing the chances of cheating is rising exponential and that would be unreasonable.

If there's only one broadcaster, the only chance that players have for cheating is to listen to the stream by themselves, but this can be avoided (player has to be on an other channel or something), so there shouldn't be a problem.

Edit:
    uhm.. why the hell isn't it possible to change the name over here?
    It's MMC|guile speaking.

[This message has been edited by Guisan (edited 07-28-2006 @ 09:29 AM).]

posted 07-28-06 10:34 AM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
    Isn't this abusable? I mean their is no time between the game and the observing, right? Soo if some1 on teamspeak is observing the game, he can also give info to 1 of the 2 players in the game...
    posted 07-28-06 10:53 AM EDT (US)     10 / 15  

Quote:

Edit:
    uhm.. why the hell isn't it possible to change the name over here?
    It's MMC|guile speaking.

Well, you can change the caps in your name via you pprofile but not you actual name.

With the amount of forumer we have and over 15 different heavs it would get sort of complicated. I am not 100% sure how long it takes but only a few people can change forumers' names. About once a year though, ona hoilday, there is a name change thread in which people can request there name to be changed

Quote:

Isn't this abusable? I mean their is no time between the game and the observing, right?

Yeah, that's the problem. At first I was hoping no one would cheat like that, and still don't think they would. But there is still that chance. I'm open to ideas though.

posted 07-28-06 03:06 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
    The abuse thing.
    I have a bit of a feeling that everyone is just feared about something new happening.
    In WC3 it's absolutely normal that every damn tourney game is shoutcasted somewhere.

I do understand players doubts, but I say:
    Just try it!

I think a shoutcaster doesn't say the little things that make the difference and it would be more of a confusing thing if a player has to listen to something like that beside he's gaming.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if we don't try it, we'll never find out.

And as said above... this topic is simply not existing @WC3. And they shoutcast games of tourneys like this one as well. I just listened to one of a tourney where you can win a keyboard... it was 1:1 in an internet game, a shoutcaster simply doesn't say the relevant stuff which could help a player.

But well, fact is: They have maybe one admin as an observer and a shoutcaster. Not 4 others you hardly know.

posted 07-28-06 05:10 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15  

Quote:

Isn't this abusable? I mean their is no time between the game and the observing, right? Soo if some1 on teamspeak is observing the game, he can also give info to 1 of the 2 players in the game...

Yeah its possible but highly exzaggerated. like Guisan said in wc3 most games are shoutcasted and there I have yet to hear of a problem with it. Normally they are at most 30 seconds delayed. The thing is the caster has to give info, the listener has to interpret that and then give it to the player and then the player has to interpret the info as well. Sorta like a game of telephone. If it does even happen its doesnt help much at all.

• posted 07-28-06 05:16 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
    The problem is that age 3 has no delay time with observing, or do they? I really have no clue how its going with the observe thingy in aoe III, but I dont think you can put it on delay mode? That is the problem... I mean without delay its easy to abuse. I mean for example I have to play vs finn next round. I send a m8 of mine as an observer in their, then me and that m8 of mine go both on teamspeak and then my m8 can tell me exactly what Finn is doing...

With a delay thing its cool, but without it, it's not possible in a tourney, sorry...

Ps: If its possible to put a delay time on it, then I am totally for it, but without a delay time it's asking for troubles...

posted 07-28-06 06:15 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
    6 guys = lag, i already did, max would be 4, at least if i play

anyways WW havent got nothing to say xd

best thing would be, admins see and nothing more

Anyways the fact is, if u are using TS2, make the players be on a channel (so they cant "smurf" in commentarist channel), and take friends which hear it and puts in ur skype/ventrilo is a bit LoL....

or more simple, the commentarist record his voice, and u put it 1minute after he started to record ^^

[This message has been edited by Black_Ice_Spain (edited 07-28-2006 @ 06:20 PM).]

posted 07-31-06 02:35 AM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
    U will see if one of the guys is cheating, that is for sure. IMO we know each other, the ppl whos left, and i think we should be able to trust them that they wont cheat and wanna win it fair and square. IMO these broadcasts sounds nice , ive always wanted my game to be audio commentated =) so im in for it.
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » New World Tournament » Observer Mode Maps
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames