You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Recorded Games Discussion

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The lack of reviews and even less good ones.
posted 10-19-07 10:24 PM EDT (US)   
Why are there so few reviews?I make a review on every game I down load.Even a comment would be nice.So why don`t you post them when you watch them?
Replies:
posted 10-20-07 01:21 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
The activiness in these forums are just not as good as they could be. We hope this will be improved with The Asian Dynasties though.

Still it's good to know you'll be commenting on some games.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
posted 10-20-07 05:07 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
I suggest if you want reviews you make a thread here, but even then it wont get much... most people here get their recorded games of agesanctuary.

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
posted 10-20-07 08:08 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
I bet they just need inspiration.when they come on and see a bunch of honest reviews that are not just a 5 star with a good job after it.They will want to make thier own reviews.
posted 10-20-07 07:59 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
reviews are overrated.

a game can take 5 minutes to watch (on fast), or you can spend 45 minutes read the review, so whats the point.

also due to the average skill levels of the recs here in HG, majority of them dont have any sensational demostration of skills or strats, thus there isnt much one can really gain from reading a review.
posted 10-20-07 09:24 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
I can't dissagree more strongly.
Reviewing and being reviewed is a great way of getting to be a better player. I have done a few reviews in my time, and I've learned a lot from all of them.

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
posted 10-21-07 08:22 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
Reviews help the one posting the recording as much as the one downloading.And if you see a gsme labeled 1 star and the reason is given cause its boring and it describes why. you won`t waste your time with that will you?
posted 10-21-07 06:07 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
Reviews help the one posting the recording as much as the one downloading.And if you see a gsme labeled 1 star and the reason is given cause its boring and it describes why. you won`t waste your time with that will you?
but who is going to spend the 20 min watch the boring rec and then spend another 20 min write a review about how boring it is ?
I can't dissagree more strongly.
Reviewing and being reviewed is a great way of getting to be a better player. I have done a few reviews in my time, and I've learned a lot from all of them.
again, who has the time?
posted 10-21-07 08:27 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
There is a whole bunch of recent reviews:-) peaple like that will and its not like your going to play a game when its getting late that kills your ability to play.So you watch a recording.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Recorded Games Discussion » The lack of reviews and even less good ones.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames