You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Post-Apocalyptic Saloon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Mushroom Cloud: The D-Day of The Saloon
posted 09-29-07 03:54 PM EDT (US)   
Friday the 29th of September, 2007, at 2:45 EDT, the forum known as "The Saloon" came to a cataclysmic end. Moderators launched nuclear missiles at the forum, and completely destroyed the forum.

In the days before the nuclear attack, many forummers were jesting at the possibility of a nuclear attack. The cry heard throughout the forum was "OH NO, TEH SALOON!", some survivors said. The reason, speculated by most forummers, is that The Saloon needed some serious reform. The forum was going downhill, and the moderators took this chance, to attack it, when it was weak.

This image was taken by FilmDirector2, who was a safe enough distance to survive the terrible nuclear holocaust.

After the missile hit its intended target, the mushroom cloud could be seen for miles. Survivors were burned, deformed, obviously affected by the harmful radiation. Many forummers survived the explosion, but none of the buildings and posts survived. The Saloon was wiped off the face of the internet.

Feel free to add on folks!

Lolocausts are fun.
Replies:
posted 09-29-07 04:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 22  
I Was At SchOol and I came Back and it was like this. I just want the Old Saloon back.
posted 09-29-07 04:26 PM EDT (US)     2 / 22  
The Saloon was archaic and oppressive! They were destroyed for their sins! We must embrace our mutant overlords!

posted 09-29-07 04:41 PM EDT (US)     3 / 22  
I remember where I was when the bomb dropped...I was at college...Calculus...

We were all sitting in class working some derivatives...then...it was so bright...the flash was just incredible...

It was a wierd mix of amazement and fear...we knew something bad had happened but we hadn't yet realized just the effect it would have...

Then I....I saw it...the sign...the saloon logo...it was destroyed man...blackened from the heat...the whole saloon was...gone...gone...gone...I...I'm...I'm sorry, I just can't do this anymore...

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing

[This message has been edited by Cheesewiz (edited 09-29-2007 @ 04:42 PM).]

posted 09-29-07 05:00 PM EDT (US)     4 / 22  
I liked my shield who protected me.

nice cloud btw.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
posted 09-29-07 05:52 PM EDT (US)     5 / 22  
Hell, so that's why people kept posting 'TEH FORUMS!!!' over and over. How quaint.

Meteora is a pissy bitch
Dio is Trentin Anthony TracannaDio is Trentin Anthony TracannaDio is Trentin Anthony TracannaDio is Trentin Anthony Tracanna
posted 09-29-07 05:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 22  
All I saw was a shining moving object in the sky, ten a huge bright flash.

Everything was white for a moment, then I saw it... the huge white black cloud slowly rising into the air. I was getting some ice cream on the outskirts, with some friends, when it all happened. Everything was gone....

Lolocausts are fun.
posted 09-29-07 07:23 PM EDT (US)     7 / 22  
Who here thinks we should start working to rebuild our lovely saloon from the surviving pieces of it? I think we should.

I was at the beach, just swimming around biting little kids, when I saw a bright flash of light near me. Then I was hit by a big wave, and next thing I knew I was a dog pirahna!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I heard distant forests all the time - CunniJA
I found my Jabra!

[This message has been edited by Natron (edited 09-29-2007 @ 07:29 PM).]

posted 09-29-07 07:40 PM EDT (US)     8 / 22  
I was by the bomb, intensively pressing the red button for it to blow up, but NOTHING!

'til boom.

posted 09-29-07 07:45 PM EDT (US)     9 / 22  
what on earth are you guys talking about this is a forum on the internet

    
posted 09-29-07 08:15 PM EDT (US)     10 / 22  
What are YOU talking about?

This is a ship in the Pacific ocean.

posted 09-29-07 08:34 PM EDT (US)     11 / 22  
What are YOU talking about?

This is a ship in the Pacific ocean.
Really? What a coincidence! Hey, can you prepare a net and fish tank for me?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I found my Jabra!
posted 09-29-07 09:31 PM EDT (US)     12 / 22  
Hmm I've got a net tank, but sadly no fish tanks.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 09-30-07 01:09 AM EDT (US)     13 / 22  
Okay, I obviously meant a net and a fish tank. No matter, I doubt anybody here would feed me, change my water, or put those oxygen drops in my water anyways.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I found my Jabra!
posted 09-30-07 02:02 AM EDT (US)     14 / 22  
Oxygen drops? hah just get one of those nifty little air pumps for the tank!

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
posted 09-30-07 10:21 AM EDT (US)     15 / 22  
Where were YOU when the world stopped turning?

I was at work, came back to catch up with the saloon, and I found that the saloon was gone, just gone
posted 10-01-07 12:00 PM EDT (US)     16 / 22  
Come to think of it, the new logo does look kinda singed

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 10-01-07 01:14 PM EDT (US)     17 / 22  
What the **** happened to the Saloon?

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 10-01-07 01:30 PM EDT (US)     18 / 22  
Those internet terrorists... Now how am I supposed to go back and read my favorite threads?

Dagorhir Battlegames-- A full contact medieval combat battle game

Varangia-- A viking unit in the Aratari chapter of Dagorhir

Winner-- OD Idol 2009
posted 10-01-07 01:50 PM EDT (US)     19 / 22  
D-Day of the saloon?! The Saloon didn't invade the German occupied shores of Normandy! Bah!

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 10-01-2007 @ 01:51 PM).]

posted 10-01-07 02:25 PM EDT (US)     20 / 22  
We were occupying the shores of Germany. With the help of some French guy in the forums, it was possible.

Lolocausts are fun.
posted 10-02-07 05:20 PM EDT (US)     21 / 22  
Those internet terrorists... Now how am I supposed to go back and read my favorite threads?
Here

Too bad you can't post in any of them, however.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I found my Jabra!
posted 10-02-07 06:14 PM EDT (US)     22 / 22  
Woah when did that happen?

Lolocausts are fun.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » The Post-Apocalyptic Saloon » The Mushroom Cloud: The D-Day of The Saloon
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames