You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

News Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Where did the AoE3 Mentor/Mentee Thread go?
posted 04-26-08 10:32 PM EDT (US)   
If you were looking for your specific topic thread or the sign-ups thread located in the General Discussions forum, you might want to look elsewhere.

The thread and its relations have been moved to a new forum, entitled "AoE3H Mentor/Mentee Project", and can be found here

I hope that clears up any confusion

-CookieCrisp

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
Replies:
posted 04-28-08 03:59 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
EDIT: Actually, never mind this post. Just wanted to put something here so that I could see a row of "Giskard" as most recent poster on the News Discussions, General Discussions and Strategy Central forums.

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match

[This message has been edited by Giskard (edited 07-31-2008 @ 05:51 AM).]

posted 04-28-08 08:18 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Gis ideally this sort of thing would be done by private messaging. But because this board doesn't have PM system, maybe that is why all the open threads pairing mentors with mentees are in their own fishbowl. Just my take on it.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 04-28-08 09:33 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
Gis
Why on earth you would have to abbreviate "Giskard" I don't know, but if you really want to I might accept "Gizzy"

Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match
posted 04-28-08 12:14 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
but I must say I'm a little worried about all the new forums springing out of nowhere. Eventually we'll end up with one forum for each civ and strategy, where any thread more than six pages long gets its own forum and when a poor innocent forumer like myself who just wants to analyse general sections of the game as part of the community can find nowhere to post without his thread being moved ten times and eventually deleted.
Nah, there is no need to worry about that. News Discussion had to be created with our new system of posting news to the site. And the Mentor Project is rather useful as it gets all of those personal threads out of General Discussions. Besides, there were more forums a year ago than there are now, and just looking through the total number of forums, there have been 31 total forums created here, and only 11 of them used.
Eventually we'll end up with one forum for each civ and strategy
No, those will all be in the strategy section.

I think you are greatly overstating the situation. I've been at this site in one form or another since it was created, and two years prior to that at Age of Mythology Heaven, for a total of 5 years, and I can assure the opening of a forum is far less than the apocalyptic occurance you seem to forsee.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 05-06-08 11:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Just being paranoid I suppose.

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » News Discussions » Where did the AoE3 Mentor/Mentee Thread go?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames