You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Empires 4: Age of World War
posted 03-11-11 01:13 PM EDT (US)   
This would be set around the time period of the World Wars. Civilisations would be:

U.K. (Cavalry and tanks gain a speed and attack bonus.)

Austro-Hungaria (Very strong economy.)

German Empire (Very strong artillery.)

Kingdom of Italy (Aircraft are cheap and fast.)

Greater German Empire (Infantry are cheaper and weaker. Grenadiers are better.)

Soviet Union (Good at building gigantic armies.)

More are coming...

And that's my last word on the matter.
Replies:
posted 03-11-11 05:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
You have Germany down twice, but you've completely missed out France, the USA and Japan. Also, you're going to have to make a decision about which World War you want, because there's no real way you could do both, and still hope to get any accuracy.

[This message has been edited by MatthewII (edited 03-11-2011 @ 05:48 PM).]

posted 03-11-11 07:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
Having in mind it should have the same age up system that every aoe game has had, I see no problem with having both wars depicted, actually, it would be more difficult to center it in only 1 war.

The true question is why this topic keeps resurfacing again, and again, and again...

Team member of wotta, the latin american mod with many new features for the game!

HoopThrower in ESO
posted 03-12-11 04:37 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
I was putting the ones I had time to put down... I was on the library computer, and my session was just about to end.

Also there would be:

Republic of France (Units are much better, especially their attack. Population limits are lower, however.)

Kingdom of Spain (Can train units from its allies, Italy, Japan, and the Greater German Empire. Strong economy but buildings are expensive.)

Second Spanish Republic (Can train units from its allies, the U.S.S.S.R., the U.K., the U.S.A., Basque Nationalists, Catalan Nationalists, Irish Republicans, Chileans, and Cypriots - these last five are not civilisations - and all countries that were in the International Brigades. Train units quickly, but they have less hitpoints.)

U.S.A. (Very advanced technology - in the last age, they can drop atomic bombs, which of course would be extremely, extremely expensive, and could only be done once in a game.)

Empire of Japan (A very strong navy, and population limits are high.)

White Army (Population limits are high, and random infantry or cavalry units spawn from houses when built.)

And Germany is down twice as two separate civilisations, the German Empire, under Kaiser Friedrich Wilhelm Victor Albert, and the Greater German Empire, under Fuhrer Adolf Hitler.

[This message has been edited by Paco the Great (edited 03-12-2011 @ 05:44 AM).]

posted 03-12-11 11:16 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
It would be better to add the latest infos in your first post, so as to make it easier for people to read it. And why do you start so many new topics without finishing them? I guess you should chose your favourite subject and expand it more.

By the way, you did not respond to my e-mail...
posted 03-12-11 12:59 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
Sorry, I keep forgetting my email addresses...

What was the address I emailed you from?

posted 03-12-11 09:45 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
Having in mind it should have the same age up system that every aoe game has had, I see no problem with having both wars depicted, actually, it would be more difficult to center it in only 1 war.
Not really.
Age 1: 1939-1940
Age 2: 1941-1942
Age 3: 1943-1944
Age 4: 1945
I was putting the ones I had time to put down... I was on the library computer, and my session was just about to end.
Fair enough.
Kingdom of Spain
Finland would be a better choice.
And Germany is down twice as two separate civilisations, the German Empire, under Kaiser Friedrich Wilhelm Victor Albert, and the Greater German Empire, under Fuhrer Adolf Hitler.
If you're making that kind of distinction then you need two versions of Italy as well, and two versions of Russia. It's easier just to leave it at one country (besides, there wasn't 'that' much difference between Germany under Wilhelm and Germany under Hitler)
posted 03-13-11 04:28 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
@Paco: pacolarssen@hotmail.co.uk
posted 03-13-11 12:58 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11  
Why would Finland be better than Spain? Spain is good, otherwise there are more civilisations of the Allied side than the other side. I don't know much about Finnish history, and Italy remained a kingdom till 1946.

Oh, I forgot Turkey. But should I just put the Ottoman Empire, or just modern Turkey, or both?

For Ottomans, they are artillery centred, like in AoeIII.

For Turkish Republic, they have good defensive buildings and high hitpoints.

posted 03-13-11 03:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
Why would Finland be better than Spain? Spain is good, otherwise there are more civilisations of the Allied side than the other side.
Finland sided with Hitler against the USSR, at least until 1941. Spain remained neutral throughout.
...and Italy remained a kingdom till 1946.
Yeah, but went from Democracy to Fascism between 1922 and about 1929.
posted 03-23-11 03:10 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
But I want the Spanish civil war in it, so there need to be two Spains in it.

Finland would be good as well, though. What would their bonus and unique units be?

posted 03-23-11 04:52 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
I could ask the same of Spain, since any equipment they had was cloned off the Germans or Italians.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Future Robot, Bonfire, Windstorm, and NewToy Games Forum » Age of Empires 4: Age of World War
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames