Modding Discussions
Moderated by Alexastor, MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
posted 10-03-07 02:45 PM EDT (US)   
The Ancient Age is a Total Conversion Mod for Age Of Empires III TAD about the Ancient Times, which will be made by Tilanus Commodor & Ca Putt. Almost everyone of us started just with a minor basic knowledge, but we are developing ourselves. The Ancient Age is not an Age Of Mythology or Age Of Empires I Remake. Nevertheless the Age Of Empires Series is among other RTS-Games a true inspiration for us.

It is our aim to include five new civilisations: The Carthaginians, Celts, Hellenes, Persians and Romans. Besides we are willed to develop an unique gameplay, which will be a good contrast to other mods and the original game. This includes for example a new building & unit system. Since the modification's setting takes place in a completely different age you can expect a lot of new material. More details will be revealed when the time is better.

» Media «

The Romans

Bonus: Cheaper fortifications, 1 Hastatus/Barrack
Archaic Unit: Spearman 'Voluntarius'
Campaign: Legio VI Ferrata
Strengths:
Infantry & Siege equipment and versatility
Good Commanders
Weaknesses:
Medium Cavalry & Fleet
Expensive Archer support

Eques, Age II - Roman Lancer, good against light units, suitable for raids
Princeps, Age III 1st Upgrade of the Hastatus; Heavy Melee Infantry with ranged attack

The Hellenes

Bonus: Free Villagers & Scholars by Age Up
Archaic Unit: Slinger 'Sphendonotes'
Campaign: Macedonians
Strengths:
Balanced Army
Economy & Technology
Weaknesses:
Slow Core Army
Average Military Improvements
Realization of 'The Ancient Age'
To realize a huge project like The Ancient Age an active team is absolutely needed. Even if there is already a new active team, we'd like to extent the amount of workers to speed up the process of production. Therefore we are looking for new ambitious members, who want to learn fast and work practically.

We appreciate every new interested request, even if we have to refuse some people, they tried it and had the good intention to help us.
The more people work for our project, the faster will we finish it, simpliest logic, isn't it? So take your chance and prevent stagnation or a long periods of waiting. We support everyone who »really« wants to help us and is not just taking a look for two weeks. Thanks.

Free Jobs:
Texturers [no limit]
Coders [max.2]
Graphic Artists [no limit]
Concept Artists [no limit]
Co-Balancers [max.2]

Terms of Admission
Will to improve your abilities/will to work alone and with the Team
Appropriate expenditure of time for this project
Communicative availability (do not ignore PMs, MSN messages or emails)
some background knowledge
MSN

»Team«
We do that mod alone.

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 04-27-2009 @ 04:11 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10-10-07 11:59 AM EDT (US)     26 / 332  
So, are you guys going to make it so that there's some sort of Spartan upgrade that makes Greek Hoplites stronger, or are you guys going add an actual Spartan Unit?
I think we'll take use of both aspects.

» The Ancient Age | Napoleonic Era «

» Modding is art! «
posted 10-11-07 03:39 AM EDT (US)     27 / 332  
for the romans go for something differnet like their special war unit they had called the Pratoriens they had to be over 6ft 3 to be Pratoriens and weigh over 120kg they were suppost to be some sort of Roman Mercenary
posted 10-11-07 03:59 AM EDT (US)     28 / 332  
Praetorians (that's how I know them) were the Roman Imperial guard, I believe. There were indeed very strict specifications for being a Praetorian.

ḼĮЙЦḈԊДĐ₦ḜẔˇДЯ
Modding for: Knights and Barbarians

EMPIRES RISE AND FALL BUT HEROES LIVE FOREVER
posted 10-11-07 05:46 AM EDT (US)     29 / 332  
Tilanus, I've added you on MSN (as flexible_flyer@hotmail.com).

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.
posted 10-11-07 06:46 PM EDT (US)     30 / 332  
The Praetorians did not fight in battles, but they were still of great importance in the Roman history, so they'll be definitely in.

» Modding is art! «
posted 10-11-07 07:04 PM EDT (US)     31 / 332  
I imagine how many different helmets are in the game...

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
posted 10-11-07 07:17 PM EDT (US)     32 / 332  
Praetorians could make an appearence as a unique minteman style unit...one that you would call out of your town center and would lose health over time.
posted 10-28-07 01:32 PM EDT (US)     33 / 332  
Definitely not, Praetorians were way better trained and equipped than the regular legionnaire. They'll be available as Roman Mercenaries.

btw- I'll update that thread next days and make some updates.

» Modding is art! «
posted 10-28-07 01:58 PM EDT (US)     34 / 332  
I imagine how many different helmets are in the game...
i was quite sceptical too, but then i checked on that i looks quite ok, i think we have some halfway decent helmets and, thank TAD, shields at our disposal

lets see how well they can be integrated.

[This message has been edited by Ca Putt (edited 10-28-2007 @ 02:00 PM).]

posted 10-28-07 04:47 PM EDT (US)     35 / 332  
For the Persians (I'm assuming they're Achaemenid era), maybe they could build 3 different types of temples devoted to different Iranian cult deities ( Anahita, Ahura Mazda, and Mithra). They could each be used to upgrade units and buildings with special techs, create certain units, or give certain bonuses.

Anahita: Economic/naval
Mithra: military (land)
Ahura Mazda: age advancement/religious techs
posted 11-01-07 12:23 PM EDT (US)     36 / 332  
Yo, hey guys.
After several days of silence (which you shouldn't confuse with inactivity) I'm reporting back with some general stuff I'd like to give you an overview about. Since we've currently only 5 civilisations planned, there'll be a lot of unique buildings, units and ways to play the game. Nevertheless every civ is based on a Basic Structure. This Basic Structure will have of course a lot of similarities to the system which is already in use in the original game .
So here we go..

------------------
BUILDINGS OVERVIEW
------------------

The Economic Buildings are not really affected by new changes, but their priority will be different for each civ. So Greeks may be better Shepherds than Egyptians for example. This simply means, the economy structure won't be this unitary as it is in the basic game. But of course, there has to be at least anything that is unitary and that may be the Market, which is not only supposed to exchange resources and develop Economic Technologies, but also to buy Slaves.

The Military Buildings however, are affected by more changes. You will of course recognize similarities to the basic system of anterior Age Of Empires Games. There's the Blacksmith (Arsenal Replacement) which improves and equips your troops with solid armaments, shields and weapons.
The Barrack trains Melee Infantry and also one unit of each allied native (Embassy kicked). Archery Range and Stable are self-explaining. The Siege Armory will probably train besides Mechanical Siege Units also Human Siege Units.
Towers & Walls will play are more important role than before, since we kicked the Fort due to historical and optical reasons. Towers and Walls will now be really this, what they were supposed to be - firm. Of course the price is higher, but it'll be remunerative for the players base. Towers will also be able to train 'Minutemen-like' units, whereas this unit will have conspicuous differences with the AoE3 Minuteman.

The next class of buildings will be the most modified one. Besides being buildings for Technologies, they are mixed with Military and Economic Buildings too. However, there are of course still buildings you're familiar with. Houses, the Town Center or the Harbour will in most cases really do what you expect them to do. If you read attentively, you may have noticed that there are still buildings missing. Of course, Church, Capitol and Saloon replacements were not mentioned yet, because that will happen now: Of course the Temple is the Church replacement, it still trains religious units and also still contains religious technologies, but furthermore it contains a feature that you know from the Native Major Civs - the Fire Pit or Dancing Feature. We call it Praying. Depending on which god you're asking for favour, you'll gain different boni. Allowed to pray are much more units than in the basic game, being unaggressive will have its consequences.
The Government Building is actually an advanced Saloon, besides hiring Mercenaries, it contains some general technologies.
The Academy is the Capitol replacement, but also this building is modified. Besides the normal Capitol techs it'll most probably also contain other unique and elitary Techs as Church Techs and furthermore Tactical Units. What those Tactical Units exactly are will be explained in the Unit Overview..

» Modding is art! «

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 11-01-2007 @ 03:33 PM).]

posted 11-01-07 12:57 PM EDT (US)     37 / 332  
Not bad, but also not creative at all.

Pictures?

WOTTA WEBSITE!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
posted 11-01-07 01:53 PM EDT (US)     38 / 332  
I doubt that there's any mod that can be called creative, just 'cause of the fact that it has a basic building system.

You'll have to wait to see the first pictures. Not everyone likes to read bigger posts, so we'll not post many of them, instead we'll work more and present more stuff, when we have more attractive media than texts. If a mod is good, you don't wanna wait long until the release and that's what we want to avoid, a long waiting period. We'll make this more attractive, when it's time to ..

» Modding is art! «
posted 11-01-07 02:35 PM EDT (US)     39 / 332  
Ok. I sincerely wish you guys find a skinner and a modder. Good luck.

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
posted 11-01-07 07:17 PM EDT (US)     40 / 332  
Not everyone likes to read bigger posts, so we'll not post many of them
It would have been easier to say "we don't want to show you information right now."
posted 11-01-07 07:27 PM EDT (US)     41 / 332  
You have to give at least some information to keep the topic in the background. So that entering the foreground isn't that hard to reach. But please b2t.
posted 12-01-07 01:43 AM EDT (US)     42 / 332  
I'll be a building skinner, if you want specifics like that. If not, I'll skin stuff. I don't have much experience, but I'll get the job done. We all have to start somewhere, right. I see potential in this, so I want to be able to say "The first mod I helped with was Age of Empires III: The Ancient Age"
posted 12-01-07 09:22 AM EDT (US)     43 / 332  
Great! We're always looking for such motivated people like you. Add me on MSN ( artechill-commodo@gmx.de ). If you don't have msn, get it, it's quite important for our team work.

» Modding is art! «
posted 12-01-07 09:35 AM EDT (US)     44 / 332  
artechill-commodo@gmx.de
Don't you get annoyed by spams?

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
posted 12-01-07 10:06 AM EDT (US)     45 / 332  
I've a good spam filter and please stay on topic or .. in your thread. ;P

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 12-01-2007 @ 10:07 AM).]

posted 12-01-07 03:05 PM EDT (US)     46 / 332  
Okay, just add me (coachshogun20@hotmail.com). And since I have little experiance, I just want to know, my stuff will be easy at first, right?
posted 12-03-07 07:22 AM EDT (US)     47 / 332  
Now with the Asian Dynasties expansion, you have elephants.

Thus, another important civ would be the Carthaginians.

Fort Ligionier Key to the West in 1758-1766
French and Indian War and Pontiac's War
posted 12-03-07 11:19 AM EDT (US)     48 / 332  
patience, we start with Romans greeks and Persians, when we've got them ready for a beta we'll add egypt and celts and after that there maybe will be Carthaginians. there are also other very important civs but we'll start with these and see how far we will get.
posted 12-03-07 06:20 PM EDT (US)     49 / 332  
Not sure if Persians or Egyptians, we'll see. None of them is in an advanced status of progress. Romans and Greeks are progressed.

@Coach shogun 20 - I added you, you've to get online my dear.
posted 12-03-07 09:24 PM EDT (US)     50 / 332  
Could some one just catch me up on the progeress?

I could also be an historical advisor.

[This message has been edited by Coach shogun 20 (edited 12-03-2007 @ 09:27 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 14  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Modding Discussions » Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames