You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Saloon (Off Topic)
Moderated by Maffia, Elpea, LordKivlov

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: TMO XX - Video killed the radio god
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 89 90 91 92 93 ··· 100  Next Page »
posted 01-11-09 02:11 AM EDT (US)   

sig

[This message has been edited by beekay (edited 02-13-2010 @ 08:10 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-24-10 05:06 PM EDT (US)     2251 / 2500  
We've had some new GDers pop in to the Saloon, but with the predictable result that not all of them are a good fit here.
if ao3h management were more committed to keeping the community integrated there would be a higher influx of gd forummers in the saloon. obviously at first this would seem distasteful but you have to believe at least some of them would turn out good.

but as it is with them holding community awards in GD and stuff the saloon isn't going to be able to attract a healthy influx of new forummers (which means the already low possibility of getting a quality forummer once in a while is pretty much nonexistent).

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
posted 01-24-10 05:09 PM EDT (US)     2252 / 2500  
also there's been a dire lack of creativity in the saloon lately. i don't know if the stuff shrink pointed out is the cause, or if it has come about because with no new things coming about people just sort of reach back in the past in a bout of nostalgia. or if there is no correlation at all.

either way the saloon isn't what it has been and we're all probably to blame for that. though i think crappy or redundant threads by lobster and pause and a few others are a big part of it too.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
posted 01-24-10 05:16 PM EDT (US)     2253 / 2500  
following with the above post, i can't even remember the last time i made a decent thread.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
posted 01-24-10 05:58 PM EDT (US)     2254 / 2500  
I don't post as much because there aren't really many good threads to post in.

I occassionally try to create a bunch of threads but they typically don't turn out that well.

Where be your gibes now? your gambols? your songs?
Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar?
Not one now, to mock your own grinning?
posted 01-24-10 06:09 PM EDT (US)     2255 / 2500  
I agree rick, many of the threads that pop up should really be TMO, IMO

That's why I'm trying to create more political/news/etc related threads. Hell, people could hate my positions all they want but all I'm doing is starting a discussion.

Pears: ok i downloaded a few scenerios and it says place the mp3 folders in the "sound" folder but i cant find the sound folder any where please help!
Elpea: Your sound folder is right next to your fart sounds folder.
posted 01-24-10 06:11 PM EDT (US)     2256 / 2500  
I agree rick, many of the threads that pop up should really be TMO, IMO
rick if we did a saloon short story thing would you participate? or are you too busy lately?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
posted 01-24-10 06:48 PM EDT (US)     2257 / 2500  
*GASP* You weren't talking about ME, were you?
No, you're beyond the help of all but the most brilliant psychiatrists, like Dr. Nick here.

Also, Sawyer, this is the place where many of us come to get away from the political correctness, and by extension, the politics, of IRL discussions. Maybe you could tell us about something non-controversial, something relaxed and fun and genuine, like your life in Alaska, or your pet Kodiak bear that you nursed on a baby bottle and trained to dance the two-step, or how you manage to keep the heat from your CPU from melting a hole in your igloo. Do igloos really catch on fire? Mete would love to know for sure.

Or are your daily thoughts mostly consumed by obsessing over political talking points?

You have had time in the past to work on cool shit like Blackcreek Mercs before, and they are still pr good so you must have a brain cell or two to rub together to make a sound that's not a talking point.

hell, if you just want to post silly things you're doing now in your spare time that's worlds better than "LOL Israel" or "LOL Obama" or "LOL Haitians".

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 01-24-2010 @ 06:50 PM).]

posted 01-24-10 07:06 PM EDT (US)     2258 / 2500  
rick if we did a saloon short story thing would you participate? or are you too busy lately?
Tough call. I would absolutely love to do some writing. Ever since the baby, I've been having a much more difficult time with my time. It seems I finally need to get beyond just "doing stuff" and actually start making a daily schedule, etc.

Short Answer: I wish. In the next week or so I will start really scheduling things and we'll see.

posted 01-24-10 07:18 PM EDT (US)     2259 / 2500  
okay. glad i asked before making a thread then. i bring it up b/c i feel like i'm stuck in a rut and stuff and hopefully it would motivate me to start writing which would hopefully in some way motivate me to start doing stuff with my life.

also

Screaming Trees syndrome.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[This message has been edited by Meteora (edited 01-29-2010 @ 04:59 PM).]

posted 01-25-10 08:42 AM EDT (US)     2260 / 2500  
No, you're beyond the help of all but the most brilliant psychiatrists, like Dr. Nick here.
I think I would rather die than have Dr. Nick treat me

Keep him from expanding. Keep him scared. Keep him making the wrong type of troops. Control the game, don't react to it.
-Ender_Ward
posted 01-25-10 01:48 PM EDT (US)     2261 / 2500  
Don't worry, you probably would die if drnick treated ya.
posted 01-25-10 02:06 PM EDT (US)     2262 / 2500  
Hmm, I read that as Dr. Nick being beyond help too.

After extensive research on youtube it appears that igloos only catch fire in cartoons, I am very disappointed.

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
posted 01-25-10 02:51 PM EDT (US)     2263 / 2500  
I'm listening to the new Alice in Chains album against my better judgment, and although many of the songs turned out as I predicted they would (sound reminiscent of AIC but totally not what they would sing), a few sound all right.

Just looking at their tour dates list makes me nostalgic and homesick for all the times I went to see random grunge bands opening for other ranom grunge bands in college and later on they turned out to be multimillion album giants in the genre.

But, y'know, people die, people change their sound, die, commit suicide, etc.

:/

And TBH a lot of the grunge bands I listened to in college went on to do exactly diddly squat after that. Some of my favorites of all time only ever did one thing right, and then either dissolved, went back to churning out horrible crap, or completely change their sound and continued churning out new-sounding but also horrible crap.

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 01-25-2010 @ 02:53 PM).]

posted 01-26-10 08:31 AM EDT (US)     2264 / 2500  
Saffah, why did you change your avatar again?

Keep him from expanding. Keep him scared. Keep him making the wrong type of troops. Control the game, don't react to it.
-Ender_Ward
posted 01-26-10 09:33 AM EDT (US)     2265 / 2500  
Because you touch yourself at ni rifle rider needed a rest.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 01-26-10 09:42 AM EDT (US)     2266 / 2500  
And TBH a lot of the grunge bands I listened to in college went on to do exactly diddly squat after that. Some of my favorites of all time only ever did one thing right, and then either dissolved, went back to churning out horrible crap, or completely change their sound and continued churning out new-sounding but also horrible crap.
Screaming Trees syndrome.

posted 01-26-10 09:44 AM EDT (US)     2267 / 2500  
Also I'm still waiting for a new Nirvana album.

GET TO IT GUYS!

posted 01-26-10 09:53 AM EDT (US)     2268 / 2500  
Also I'm still waiting for a new Nirvana album.

GET TO IT GUYS!
That's the one GOOD thing about the Zombocalypse - a lot of good bands will be back on stage.

No stage lights though - zombies are notoriously flammable.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 01-26-10 11:23 AM EDT (US)     2269 / 2500  
Robot Chicken reference.

posted 01-26-10 12:08 PM EDT (US)     2270 / 2500  
My bad, I haven't seen any Robot Chicken segments in ages.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 01-26-10 04:46 PM EDT (US)     2271 / 2500  
No bad. I like Robot Chicken. Even if it does pander to the worst in all of us.

posted 01-26-10 08:17 PM EDT (US)     2272 / 2500  
hey mete didn't respond at the time but you made good posts up there i especially agree with the ones which agree directly with me but i also agree with the others

posted 01-26-10 11:53 PM EDT (US)     2273 / 2500  
I've got proximal interphalangeal bursitis of the 4th finger, left hand. From playing too much Team Fortress 2 on a stiff new keyboard. WADS be damned.

Discuss.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 01-27-10 00:58 AM EDT (US)     2274 / 2500  
Got nothing to say, just thought I'd respond because I've been responding to all the other current threads...
posted 01-27-10 09:47 AM EDT (US)     2275 / 2500  
When I used to be addicted to AOE3, my right wrist would always look weird on the pinky side.

A_S: "Cunni's pic wins thread otherwise failing due to being 5-7 years behind the times."
"Brilliant cunni simply brilliant"
C_MAG: "CunniJA's post is epic win."
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 89 90 91 92 93 ··· 100  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » The Saloon (Off Topic) » TMO XX - Video killed the radio god
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames