You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Saloon (Off Topic)
Moderated by Maffia, Elpea, LordKivlov

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: TMO XXI - Breakfast at The Sugar Shack, lunch at Ruby's, dinner at Sharkeez and drinks at Hurricane's
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 69 70 71 72 73 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 108  Next Page »
posted 02-20-10 04:07 AM EDT (US)   

Pears: ok i downloaded a few scenerios and it says place the mp3 folders in the "sound" folder but i cant find the sound folder any where please help!
Elpea: Your sound folder is right next to your fart sounds folder.

[This message has been edited by Maffia (edited 07-14-2015 @ 08:54 AM).]

Replies:
posted 03-11-11 03:44 PM EDT (US)     1751 / 2691  
Instead, the roomies have planned a busy social weekend out of town and I'm expected to not only drop everything and go, but also pay for much of it and work the party like a hostess.
I know I'm not getting the whole story here, but that's a pretty terrible thing to ask of a roommate and my response would have been a firm "No, thank you. I have to work."

Dr Nick
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
posted 03-11-11 04:57 PM EDT (US)     1752 / 2691  
Yeah, I didn't tell you the whole story.

I've been treated for depression the last 4 months and matt wanted me to get out more (thinking I just wasn't putting enough effort into getting better).

I agreed in principle so I said yes.

But because of the depression, my work has taken a real nosedive and I'm on a deadline. It's my responsibility to fix shit I left broken or just didn't give my best effort.

I've just about frayed my rope worrying about work, and about backsliding on my word that I would go out and do stuff with people.

I don't even know I would be more productive if I stayed home. I would probably wade halfway through and say f*k it and feel shitty because I ditched my friends and made matt look like a jerk.

And he would look like kind of a jerk, because he's got the attention span of a 2-year-old and can't plan or organize or get shit done to save his life. I call ahead and order birthday cakes, and go pick it up the day before, so I can pack n' go. He waits until the last minute, and then panics and bikes around in the sleet for 4 hours trying to comparison shop 3 different bakeries for a very specific special request item. Which ends up costing about 3x as much as simply calling the most expensive place 3 weeks in advance and setting it up properly.

This is how he goes through life. I'm sorta there to pick up the pieces because I've given up reminding/providing structure/nagging/cajoling/bribing/having more of those little talks.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 03-11-2011 @ 05:01 PM).]

posted 03-12-11 12:23 PM EDT (US)     1753 / 2691  

Shrink is a gay cowboy

< Jarrod Nelson>
Nelson looks good in his pics - Gaurdian_112
Wow, Nelson's awfully cute... - HP Lovesauce
Thanks for ruining something that I've waited over 6 years for. - Redneck93
It might be a bit of an odd moment to say so, but I still think Nelson's smile is awesome. - Hnossa
THIS SIGNATURE IS A TESTAMENT TO MY VANITY
posted 03-12-11 12:38 PM EDT (US)     1754 / 2691  
MH, do you use your cookery skills in a professional capacity?

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
posted 03-12-11 01:30 PM EDT (US)     1755 / 2691  
Yeah, I didn't tell you the whole story.

I've been treated for depression the last 4 months and matt wanted me to get out more (thinking I just wasn't putting enough effort into getting better).

I agreed in principle so I said yes.

But because of the depression, my work has taken a real nosedive and I'm on a deadline. It's my responsibility to fix shit I left broken or just didn't give my best effort.

I've just about frayed my rope worrying about work, and about backsliding on my word that I would go out and do stuff with people.

I don't even know I would be more productive if I stayed home. I would probably wade halfway through and say f*k it and feel shitty because I ditched my friends and made matt look like a jerk.

And he would look like kind of a jerk, because he's got the attention span of a 2-year-old and can't plan or organize or get shit done to save his life. I call ahead and order birthday cakes, and go pick it up the day before, so I can pack n' go. He waits until the last minute, and then panics and bikes around in the sleet for 4 hours trying to comparison shop 3 different bakeries for a very specific special request item. Which ends up costing about 3x as much as simply calling the most expensive place 3 weeks in advance and setting it up properly.

This is how he goes through life. I'm sorta there to pick up the pieces because I've given up reminding/providing structure/nagging/cajoling/bribing/having more of those little talks.
I recommend more drugs. Matt needs some adderall and you need some ssris. (okay, I'm being sarcastic but I hope you're getting help with your depression since its lasted over a couple of months).

Dr Nick
posted 03-12-11 02:04 PM EDT (US)     1756 / 2691  
Nope IL, don't use my cooking "skills" for anything else but my own and sometimes my relative's enjoyment

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 03-12-11 10:04 PM EDT (US)     1757 / 2691  
I'd recommend As Saffah 1 tab of pure MDMA.

"In my beginning is my end. In my end is my beginning."
posted 03-12-11 11:13 PM EDT (US)     1758 / 2691  
Thanks Dr. Stearns but I already have a Dr. Nick and Dr. Shah looking after me thanks.

I survived and here I am at home only mildly exhausted.

In the decade since my accident there's probably been about 2 or 3 months altogether when I haven't been depressed. That's just the way head injuries go sometimes.

You deal with it. Things you will never be able to do again. Parts of your personality that don't work anymore. Things you don't "get" any longer, and it makes you look and feel like the slow kid. Having to plan your life around inevitably getting fired from every crappy temp job you are lucky enough to get. Having to plan your days around crushing, obtunding mental and cognitive fatigue that sets in around 5-6 hours after you begin work. Not being able to play games like chess, Go, and Dominion with friends because you're incapable of thinking on your feet or get fatigued and brain-fart out at about turn 4. Not being able to make small talk because you have word finding difficulties.

Not having any scars or crutches but being more profoundly impaired in the socioeconomic realm than a paraplegic. Having people cast judgment on you not knowing your disability, and concluding you are lazy, stupid, or passive-aggressively cocking things up to spite them.

Not being able to contact your former professional colleagues because you're afraid they will see what you are today. Remembering what you were once upon a time and now look at the raft of shit you've turned your life into.

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 03-13-11 05:01 AM EDT (US)     1759 / 2691  
Not having any scars or crutches but being more profoundly impaired in the socioeconomic realm than a paraplegic.
I truly understand you here. It hurts to carry a wound that cannot be seen on the outside. You look at your mirror image and almost curse yourself for not living up to it.

My thoughts are with you as yours are with me, As_Saffah. I'm impressed by the strength you find to actually pull through, after all. If it's any consolation, the person I admire the most was my paternal grandfather, who died a few months ago. He couldn't read and was a simple fisherman. He was a pious Christian, and when I looked into his eyes I saw the secret of life. I don't know how he obtained it, but it was not through thinking. He had walked a long, hard road, I learned, but stood his ground, enjoyed the simple things of life and did what he was able to do, not more, not less. You remind me of him. I'm sure you will find your own sea, someday.
posted 03-13-11 05:36 AM EDT (US)     1760 / 2691  
To As_Saffah:

My girl she don't know how to dance
Her feet would freeze with just a glance
But that would be enough for me
Inside her eyes us two would see

Once she danced across the skies
High above the loss of sights
Within her mind she dances still
Above the clouds she rise with will

My girl she don't know how to dance
But skies don't care as much for flights
As for the nights within such eyes
Where one, like me, would like to dance
posted 03-13-11 08:14 AM EDT (US)     1761 / 2691  
Oh we're doing poamz? Goodo.
There she sat looking rather forlorn,
I parked my arse beside and offered a prawn,
She told me she had no liking for anything pink,
I began to eat them disregarding the stink.

Suddenly she stood up in a fearful manner,
and proceeded to smack her own head with a spanner,
I told her to stop this masochistic affair,
But ignore me she did and began to pull out her hair.

I've never been back to that wierd old place,
I left her when she started to afflict her own face,
Never have I forgotten that poor little lady,
So this poem must end with a word that ends '-ady'.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
posted 03-14-11 01:04 PM EDT (US)     1762 / 2691  
Not having any scars or crutches but being more profoundly impaired in the socioeconomic realm than a paraplegic. Having people cast judgment on you not knowing your disability, and concluding you are lazy, stupid, or passive-aggressively cocking things up to spite them.
I was unaware you had head trauma. I know you've said something about an accident before but you must have been vague on the details (I don't really blame you).

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that. I struggle through many of the same issues but without the trauma (just chemical imbalances). This part:
Having people cast judgment on you not knowing your disability, and concluding you are lazy, stupid, or passive-aggressively cocking things up to spite them.
Especially hits home. Hell, I say this stuff to myself almost every day.

Dr Nick
posted 03-16-11 11:40 AM EDT (US)     1763 / 2691  
Hey lobby,

That reminds me of one of the brighter moments in my life.
I was at a medical conference in Nawlins and dragged my fiance along. We played hooky (missed a tutorial session led by one of my personal heroes in the profession) and sat in front of St. Louis Cathedral eating a big bag of spiced boiled crawfish ($5 a lb) and beignets and Faygo Redpop.

On the one hand, Dr. Wellens is what the Society was all about, for two generations. But on the other hand, three things you can't buy ANYWHERE ELSE enjoyed in a place like no other on earth, with someone unlike any other you've ever met, that's what Nawlins is about.

man now I'm gonna cry....;___;

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 03-16-11 11:42 AM EDT (US)     1764 / 2691  
Wow. Never thought that sh*tty poem would have such adverse effects!
Glad to have flushed your tear ducts.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
posted 03-16-11 01:45 PM EDT (US)     1765 / 2691  
newp, that was good times back then

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 03-16-11 01:52 PM EDT (US)     1766 / 2691  
Saffah, I used to think you were cool with well tought out and written posts, now I see you posting like a teenager. What happened I don't want the quality of my sig to detoriate.

I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
posted 03-16-11 01:57 PM EDT (US)     1767 / 2691  
Aunt Irma?

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
posted 03-17-11 12:34 PM EDT (US)     1768 / 2691  
What happened I don't want the quality of my sig to detoriate.
Then maybe you should take out the quote about masturbating. I would think things could only get better once that's done.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 03-17-11 02:26 PM EDT (US)     1769 / 2691  
Oooh, burn! Nice one.

Also from her posts I would guess that AS is going through a rough patch in real life (yes adults have them too you know) and was after a sympathetic ear/someone to talk to not involved in her RL.

Or you know, you could slag off her posting of late, its up to you really.

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
posted 03-17-11 03:09 PM EDT (US)     1770 / 2691  
Oh well, pardon me. I'll wait until the bad phase passes over before returning with my less appropriate jokes

posted 03-17-11 03:13 PM EDT (US)     1771 / 2691  
Internet+sarcasm etc. generally = fail

[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
posted 03-17-11 03:29 PM EDT (US)     1772 / 2691  
Too bad the sarcmark never saw wide use

posted 03-17-11 04:03 PM EDT (US)     1773 / 2691  
Aww crap. someone said everything is rosy after 18... Damn liar.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON

[This message has been edited by ImperialLobster (edited 03-17-2011 @ 04:05 PM).]

posted 03-17-11 05:06 PM EDT (US)     1774 / 2691  
I used to be absolutely terrible with sarcasm over the internet, usually MSN, I like to think I learnt the hard way.

posted 03-17-11 10:29 PM EDT (US)     1775 / 2691  
Green colored hi5's for everyone since it's that day.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 69 70 71 72 73 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 100 ··· 108  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » The Saloon (Off Topic) » TMO XXI - Breakfast at The Sugar Shack, lunch at Ruby's, dinner at Sharkeez and drinks at Hurricane's
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames