Posted on 03/04/21 @ 01:37 PM (updated 05/04/21
AI 10 - The Horsemaster N3O AI & Flycatcher N3O AI
This version is for N3O Added Pack Patch. It is the Horsemaster AI with the added content from N3O Added Pack. It is not compatible with the original game.
Uses Observatory, Tribal Council's Hut, Aztec Great Temple, New Capitol Upgrades, New Market Upgrades, and builds a little bigger Navy. All players need N3O Added Pack installed to play with the AI.
Not compatible with previous versions of the N3O Fan Patch.
Is used in place of original N3O AI. Plays every civilization.
For general information see original Horsemaster AI for Asian Dynasties:
AI 11 - Flycatcher:
It is a Continuation of Horsemaster, and this one is for N3O Added Pack.
Install if you have N3O Added Pack and want a more updated AI.
Things Different in AI:
- Rice Paddies can be build 5 distance (down from 8). Asians try to get an additional Rice Paddy in Imperial (up to 5).
- Maximum Army Unit count increased to 80 for Industrial (70) and 110 for Imperial (90).
- German AI trains more Dopplesoldners, Uhlans, less War Wagons and less Mercenaries, same amount of Skirmishers
- Japanese AI no longer tries to train Arsonists or Flaming Arrow Artillery (Arsonists are not classified as Mercenaries).
- AIs for Ottoman, Dutch, British, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Russians, have been made more aggressive (0.45, 0.50, 0.55)
- Turtle Up Rule increased to +0.8 so that Civs can eventually receive increased OffenseDefense while still being able to build walls and towers (up from +0.6).
- Final Update 27 April 2021: French AI trains original values.
- Update 19 April 2021: Native American Civs have their bonus Handicap for Treaty reduced back to 1.50 (was 1.65). This allows for Expert AIs to play online, even with people who don't have AI installed. Host has to put it at Expert however (This is because Baseline Handicap is different in Basic AI, AImain.xs for Asian Dynasties). The N3O Patch though is compatible with LAN rather than online, where you might get errors.
- Update 17 April 2021: French AI now trains the old core of Troops, but prioritizes Cuirassiers, Dragoons, Hussars and Skirmishers more.
- Update 13 April 2021: French AI now trains a Napoleonic Core of Troops: Musketeers, Skirmishers, Cuirassiers, Hussars, Dragoons. This allows them to counter cost-effectively. French AI also uses Richeleiu's Regiment instead of 4 Infinite Cuirassiers.
- Update 12 April 2021: German AI priorities returned to original (0.4 Cav, 0.6 Inf, 0.0 Art, from 0.4 Cav, 0.7 Inf, 0.1 Art).
- Update 11 April 2021: Wonders, Castles and Town Centers now place with 1.0 spacing (up from 0.0). This is to make the AI move troops easier through its base. Added also 1/8th of villager count to Fire Pit Dancers (was 1/7).
- Iroquois use Onondaga Support rather than Seneca Support (14 Tomahawks +5 Crates of Wood instead of 10 Forest Prowlers +2 Travois).
- Update 1 April 2021: Russian Units returned to Normal/Original, Bias Cav returned to 0.2 (0.5). (This was because I tried a value which didn't make them train many units.)
- Update 28 March 2021: In Treaty, AIs will now focus on 95 Economic Population, and less for French (85), Dutch (75), Japanese (85); 220 Population except for 240 for Chinese. Sioux now can correctly research Strong/Mighty War Hut. Bonus Handicap for Natives in Treaty brought down to 1.40 for Hard, 1.65 for Expert.
- Ottomans correctly build extra Town Centers on regular maps (I had tried a condition that didn't work)
- Spanish Units returned to Normal (I had tried values which didn't work for training units)
- Update 26 March 2021: Aztecs train better military; No Aztec Mining. Ottomans use Spahi Shipments rather than Grenadiers. Better handling for Infinite Shipments added. Factories are on Gold/Food/Wood until Imperial, then they switch back to Gold/Cannon/Cannon. Russians always upgrade Bastion. Iroquois and Sioux always upgrade Strong/Mighty War Huts. Bonus Forecasts of 2500 food added for Imperial Age. Better Handling for Industrial Age unit Shipments added. Added Handling for Distributivism, Colbertism, Capitalism. Bonus Handicap for Treaty brought back to 1.25 for Hard, 1.15 for Moderate, 1.0 for Easy, 1.5 for Expert (Natives still have 1.5, 1.25, 1.15, 1.75). Russian/Spanish AI slightly updated.
- Update 23 March 2021: Shrines, Houses for India, and Mango Groves all have 1.0 placing (down from 3.0). Simple build plan radius increased from 50 around the town to 100. Japan Builds its two extra stables in Industrial Age rather than Fortress.
- Update 21 March 2021: Wonders, Town Centers, Castles and Factories all can be built next to other buildings without extra spacing. This should help the AI age up with the Asians to Imperial Age and help tight-bases for Europeans. Simple build plan radius increased from 30 around the town to 50.
- Update 20 March 2021: Ottoman AI now builds extra Town Centers in regular matches. Handling for Pioneers moved to Imperial Age.
- Russian AI builds old units, but also uses Boyars Shipment. This AI also focuses more on Cavalry: Cossacks and Cavalry Archers.
- Target Settler Counts increased to 80 in Colonial Age and 90 in Fortress (up from 50, 85)
- Native AIs have higher Handicap Bonus for Treaty Games than other AIs (1.25, 1.35, 1.50, 1.75).
- Aztecs now dance for Warrior Priests at the dance pit (up to 4). All Native AIs use 1/7 of their Villagers on the Dance pit rather than 1/6.
- Ottoman AI researches Topkaki earlier in the game (25 villagers rather than 33 villagers). Increased normal btOffenseDefense to 0.45.
- Update 19 March 2021: Factory Cannery and Factory Water Power are upgraded by the AI. Easy, Moderate, Hard, and Expert now have a separate bonus handicap for Treaty Games: 1.0 for Easy, 1.25 for Moderate, 1.35 for Hard, 1.60 for Expert. Hard brought back up to 90 economic population; Moderate has 180 total population, and Hard and Expert use 99 Villagers with Natives. Easy uses 80 villager population as Natives, Moderate uses 90 (75 and 80 for other Civs).
- Update 18 March 2021: Easy and Moderate have +10 Population on Treaty Games (80, 160; 90, 190), Hard has 5 less economic population on Treaty Games (85). AI's now build 2-3 extra Town Centers in Fortress if they can and have less than two Covered Wagons available.
- Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian AIs improved; Spain builds Hussars, Musketeers, Skirmishers, Lancers and Rodeleros; Portugal builds more Infantry/Cavalry, Russia builds more Cavalry Archers, balanced amount of Infantry, and Cossacks.
- Infinite Grenadiers, Infinite Cavalry Archers, Infinite Musketeers included; Handling for Industrial Age Units Shipments added if included in deck.
- Native Villagers and Asian Villagers can build Town Centers for the AI.
- European Factories produce food/coin/wood if there are 2 to 3 of them. This is instead of Cannons, which they often don't have the population for.
- Update 15 March 2021: AI Main updated: Aztec AI builds Coyote Runners, Eagle Runner Knights, Macehualtins, Jaguar Prowl Knights, Puma Spearmen, but very few Arrow Knights.
- Aztec AI uses Aztec Mining and 1000 Infinite Coin Card on high homecity levels (100 and above). Iroquois use Pioneers Card, and Seneca Support (10 Forest Prowlers +2 Travois). Handling added for Aztec Mining, 1000 Infinite Coin, Pioneers Cards. Grain Market Card (+20% Mills) will ship earlier than before for Aztecs. AI chooses 15 Special Cards (up from 14).
- Update 13 March 2021: AI Main updated: Chinese AI uses Refugee & Migrant Shipments which give Villagers and also Covered Wagon Shipments at the right time in the game. This should give them a large advantage in games where they previously sent villager shipments too late.
- Update 10 March 2021: AI Main updated: Iroquois AI Builds one more War Hut and Sioux AI builds two more War Huts. Additional Fort Wagons are better used now, and should not interfere with initial forward base, and the AI can use Outpost Wagons to build Blockhouses. Natives & Asians now put Factories, if they have any, on Food/Coin/Wood rather instead of trying to build Heavy Cannons.
- Update 9 March 2021: AI Main updated: AI now builds two Town Centers in Fortress, Three in Industrial. Moderate AI uses 85 economic pop, and has 1.0 handicap (up from 0.90). The Extra two Mills are built before the extra two Plantations. Germans build one mill in Fortress always. 1500 food/1500 coin added for treaty non-spending escrows. Russians also train less priority to Ranged Infantry, thereby a balanced army like in earlier versions of Horsemaster AI (0.93, instead of 0.935).
This AI builds mostly same as AI 9 - Big Daddy: It is a work in progress.
It trains four unit types at a time. The point of making this AI is to improve it gradually over time, and release and re-release new versions of it.
In the Horsemaster, I have tried to fix the small errors that I did with the previous Big Daddy: Dutch not always building Units, Slow-training for Iroquois, and the Cavalry-only army for India.
AI is still primarily a Deathmatch AI. Custom maps such as Legend Maps are good for testing purposes on Discovery Age starts.
Native American AIs use War Dance when they have large armies, and XP Dance as default dance (instead of War Song which spawns Dog Soldiers). Sioux and Aztecs dance for Dog Soldiers and Skull Knights.
British AI: Trains Dragoons, Grenadiers, Musketeers, and some Hussars.
French AI: Trains Cuirassiers, Dragoons, Skirmshers, Musketeers, some Halberdiers and Hussars
Spanish AI: Trains Lancers, Dragoons, Rodeleros, Musketeers, Skirmishers, and Hussars
Ottoman AI: Trains Hussars, Cavalry Archers, Janissaries, and some Abus Guns.
Dutch AI: Trains always Hussars, Halberdiers, Ruyters, Skirmishers and Pikemen.
Russian AI: Trains Ranged Infantry, Cossacks, Cavalry Archers, and some Halberdiers.
Portuguese AI: Trains Musketeers, Cassadors, Dragoons, Halberdiers, and some Hussars.
German AI: Trains Uhlans, Dopplesoldners, War Wagons, and some Skirmishers.
Iroquois AI: Trains Aenna, Tomahawks, Forest Prowlers, Mantlets, Kanya Horsemen, and ships units from the Homecity.
Aztec AI: Trains Coyote Runners, Eagle Runners, Macehualtins, Jaguar Knights, Puma Spearmen
Sioux AI: Trains Axe Riders, Rifle Riders always, Bow Riders, Wakina Rifles and some War Clubs.
Indian AI: Trains Flail Elephants, Gurkha, Sepoys, Sowars, Zamburacks and Howdah.
Chinese AI: Trains Territorial Armies and Forbidden Armies.
Japanese AI: Trains Samurai and Naginata Riders and ships Units from the Homecity.
Easy up to 0.75 and 150 Population with 70 Villager Population.
Moderate up to 1.00 and 180 Population with 85 Villager Population.
Hard up to 1.25 and 220 Population with 99-10 Villager Population.
All Factories, second and third (if available) produce Heavy Cannons, Rockets, or Great Bombards.
Made by murdilator, aka Justus_Pacificia
Backup included of original AI Files, all needed to install is copy and paste in:
Program Files (86x), Microsoft Games, Steam, steam apps, common, Age of Empires III, bin, AI3
Then it should work next time you play skirmish or play separately online vs computer!
Both players need it installed for LAN Play or Comp Stomps online!