Posted on 03/26/21 @ 05:54 AM (updated 04/05/21
These maps I made to create quicker buildups in Land and Water Treaty games for the TAD version of AOE3. This combined mode is meant for play against the AI.
Maps are unchanged; each has exactly the same things on it.
I have picked only several Land and Treaty Water Maps for this set.
The difference between Crystal and Ivory Maps is that you get a Bank Wagon instead of a Factory Wagon, which the AI can place right away. AIs can only place Factories if they start in Industrial or Imperial Ages. This makes sure European AIs compete with the Human player on the Crystal Maps. So Crimson Maps makes sure you get a good game, every time vs the Computer.
Added Pampas, Plymouth and Rockies
April 5: Age Rockies always places Covered Wagons
Each Map features:
25k Food, 15k Wood and 15k Gold
+5 TC Build Limit
1 Town Center
3 Covered Wagons
1 Bank Wagon
1 Mango Grove Rickshaw
+7 Outpost/Blockhouse Limit
And a new map set, Crimson Maps. When selected it chooses either a Ruby Map or an Crystal Map, with 22 different choices. This gives a random choice, every game.
In addition, Modify Protounit has allowed the following to work on each map:
- Banks Enabled from Bank Wagon
- Mango Groves Enabled
- Outlaws 1 Pop and +100 HP (on Crystal Maps)
- Halberdier -10 Gold Cost (60), Ruyters -5 food, -5 gold (25, 70)
- TP -100 Wood Cost (from the Asian Dynasties)
- Cuirassier -25 Base HP and -5 Gold and -5 Food Cost (475 HP, 145, 145)
- Oprichnik -25 Base HP and +30 Food Cost (225 HP; 120, 60), Strelet -5s train time (Instant with Cards)
- Indian Rajputs -20 wood (15), +10 HP (160)
- Mahouts -150 food, -25 wood (250, 225), -5s train time (55), -2 population (5)
- Indian Gurkha -5 gold (45), +10 HP (125), Flail Elephants +1 speed (5)
- Monitor Cost decreased by 200 Gold
- Portuguese start the game with +50 Wood
- Tomahawks -0 food (75), Kanya Horsemen -25 wood, Mantlets -25 wood, Forest Prowlers +10 HP (120)
- Ashigarus +10 gold (50), +1s train time (34), -1 speed (3.50), Yabusames -20 gold (130)
- Samurai -10 Food and Gold (90, 90), +10 HP (240), -1s train time (44)
- Dog Soldiers -40s train time, Skull Knights -25s train time
- Iroquois Travois -15s train time, Medicine Men -15s train time, Warrior Priests -10s train time
- Heavy Cannons, Great Bombards, Rockets +100 HP, Gatling Guns +50 HP
- Outposts, Warhuts, Nobles Huts, Blockhouses +7 Build limit, Castles +5 Build limit
- Dutch +15 Settler Build Limit (65)
- Axe Riders -40 Food Cost (120)
- Town Centers +5 Build Limit (6 in Colonial, 8 in Fortress)
- +100 HP for Covered Wagons, Fort Wagons, Factory Wagons (350) (on Crystal Maps)
Place in My Documents - My Games - Age of Empires III - RM3
Then run Age of Empires III: Asian Dynasties and select "Custom Maps" in Single Player or Online to play.
Plays best with Horsemaster AI installed.
Feel free to try the Horsemaster especially on 2v2 and some on 3v3 with Crimson Maps.
Please enjoy the maps!