Knights and Barbarians Maps for Asian Dynasties (September 7)
Posted on 02/15/23 @ 11:38 PM (updated 09/07/23
The maps here are from Knights and Barbarians Mod, and I have made them possible to play on Asian Dynasties.
They are given my custom NR Map start.
Each Map features:
30k Food, 20k Wood and 20k Gold
+5 TC Build Limit
1 Town Center
3 Covered Wagons
1 Bank Wagon
1 Mango Grove Rickshaw (3 on Nejd)
3 Settler Wagons
0.5 per second resource trickle of Food, Wood, Coin, XP and Export
+7 Outpost/Blockhouse Limit
Added February 11, 2023:
NR Nejd Trade
NR Sahara Trade
On these two maps, player get 5 wood trickle per 2 seconds instead of 1 wood trickle as on regular NR Maps. This is due to lack of trees on Nejd and few trees on Sahara. All other resources trickle 1 per 2 seconds on these maps (Food, Coin, XP, Export).
Update August 6, 2023:
- Updated Hedjaz to be of its 50% original size
- Updated Nejd to be 37.5% of its original size
- Updated Sahara to be 50% of its original size
- Updated Hedjaz to 1.65x Long Side (was 1.8x) so map is shorter length
- Updated Hedjaz with wider Wadi Crossings (650, 650; was 450, 450)
- Updated Hedjaz smaller Sea (x1500+8000 instead of x1500+10000)
- Updated Hedjaz with more trees (groups of 4-6 rather than 2-4)
Update August 7, 2023:
- Updated Sicily to have starting Berry Bushes as in NR Maps Treasures
Update August 9, 2023:
- Updated Nile Delta to have right map type
Added September 7, 2023:
A new map set is included: NR Knights and Barbarians Maps.
In addition, Modify Protounit has allowed the following to work on each map:
- Banks Enabled from Bank Wagon
- Mango Groves Enabled
- Halberdier -10 Gold Cost (60), Ruyters -5 food, -5 gold (25, 70)
- TP -100 Wood Cost (from the Asian Dynasties)
- Cuirassier -25 Base HP and -5 Gold and -5 Food Cost (475 HP, 145, 145)
- Oprichnik -25 Base HP and +30 Food Cost (225 HP; 120, 60), Strelet -5s train time (Instant with Cards)
- Indian Rajputs -20 wood (15), +10 HP (160)
- Mahouts -150 food, -25 wood (250, 225), -5s train time (55), -2 population (5)
- Indian Gurkha -5 gold (45), +10 HP (125), Flail Elephants +1 speed (5)
- Monitor Cost decreased by 200 Gold
- Portuguese start the game with +50 Wood
- Tomahawks -0 food (75), Kanya Horsemen -25 wood, Mantlets -25 wood, Forest Prowlers +10 HP (120)
- Ashigarus +10 gold (50), +1s train time (34), -1 speed (3.50), Yabusames -20 gold (130)
- Samurai -10 Food and Gold (90, 90), +10 HP (240), -1s train time (44)
- Dog Soldiers -40s train time, Skull Knights -25s train time
- Iroquois Travois -15s train time, Medicine Men -15s train time, Warrior Priests -10s train time
- Heavy Cannons, Great Bombards, Rockets +100 HP, Gatling Guns +50 HP
- Outposts, Warhuts, Nobles Huts, Blockhouses +7 Build limit, Castles +5 Build limit
- Dutch +15 Settler Build Limit (65)
- Axe Riders -40 Food Cost (120)
- Town Centers +5 Build Limit (6 in Colonial, 8 in Fortress)
Place in My Documents - My Games - Age of Empires III - RM3
Then run Age of Empires III: Asian Dynasties and select "Custom Maps" in Single Player or Online to play.
I recommend online play with these maps.
|Author||Comments & Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
There are Art files for this download, Wars of Liberty Maps, Struggle for Indonesia here at Moddb.com:
Posted on 06/10/23 @ 01:39 AM
I have updated Hedjaz, Nejd, and Sahara to be more playable in AI matches, by making them notably smaller, such as with other maps. Before this, they were about three to four times larger than other maps; this corrects this inconsistency.
Posted on 08/06/23 @ 11:06 AM
Posted on 08/21/23 @ 03:09 PM
great your maps, I downloaded them all!
there was only one small problem, the lombardia map has a problem with the water, it won't let me create transport ships.
The map shouldn't be the problem if you're creating ships; it's a water map, and if you aren't able to train it's probably the game that needs to have it's files verified. Triggers can do something to forbid docks, but I looked at the map and didn't see anything so I don't know what the issue is.
Posted on 08/22/23 @ 08:02 AM
Here is another map mode with Knights and Barbarians Maps, for low resource starts:
Posted on 08/26/23 @ 01:53 AM