Asian Dynasties Native Tribes
In Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties, you have the option of aligning with Asian minor civilizations, using their unique units and technologies. This makes them into a sub-civilization with their own unit population limits and very affordable prices, with almost all units costing only small amounts of food and wood. Their technologies affect both the Asian units and the European units as well as Native American civilizations, making them invaluable.
Bhakti sects and cults have been traced back to the 1st century AD with similar theistic practices dated as far back as the “Bhagavad-Gita”, written in 150 BCE. It is common for most Hindu gods to have their own sects, but Bhakti often centers on Shiva and Vishnu, and the Vishnu incarnations of Rama and Krishna.
- Units: Tiger Claw (60 , 50 )
- Technologies: Yoga (200 , 200 ) (Cavalry and infantry damage increased by 5%), Reinforced Gauntlets (300 , 300 ) (Tiger Claws have +50% hitpoints), Vegetarianism (100 , 100 ) (Berries are gathered 40% faster)
- Maps: Ceylon, Deccan, Himalayas, Silk Road
The Jesuits are an order of Roman Catholic men who follow the Latin phrase: Ad majorem Dei Gloriam, meaning “for the Greater Glory of God.” The order primary goal has been to spread the teachings of the church, and in doing so it has made lasting contributions in the fields of education and scholarship.
- Units: Conquistador (85 , 70 )
- Technologies: Flying Buttress (250 , 250 ) (Buildings have +20% hitpoints), Smokeless Powder (250 , 250 ) (Gunpowder units have more 30% siege attack), Christian School (100 , 100 ) (Villagers train 15% faster)
- Maps: Borneo, Indochina, Honshu
One of the most famous Buddhist monasteries is the Shaolin Monastery, located in the Henan province of China, founded in 495 CD. The edifice is associated specifically with Chan Buddhism and the martial art of Kung Fu.
- Units: Rattan Shield (50 , 60 )
- Technologies: Clenched Fists (200 , 200 ) (Ranged infantry hand damage increased by 25%), Wood Clearing (200 , 200 ) (Wood is collected 20% faster), Dim Mark (300 , 300 ) (Rattan Shield have more 50% damage)
- Maps: Mongolia, Silk Road, Yellow River
The word “sufi” first appeared in the 8th century and is considered to be a reference to the coarse wool garments worn by spiritual men who sought lives of spiritual harmony, free from bodily pleasure and in harmony with nature.
- Units: War Elephant (200 , 80 )
- Technologies: Pilgrimage (250 , 250 ) (1 fattened Goat for every 2 minutes the game has lasted), Fasting (200 , 200 ) (Villagers gather 10% faster but have -40% hitpoints), Sharia (100 , 100 ) (Villager build limit is increased by 10%)
- Maps: Borneo, Deccan, Indochina, Mongolia, Silk Road
The Udasis are members of a Sikh sect that shares many of the same principles as Sikhism, that of a supreme God who governs with justice and grace, and the opportunity of every human being to become one with that God, while renouncing other practices. The very name “udasi” comes from the Sanskrit “udas,” meaning to renounce.
- Units: Chakram (100 , 50 )
- Technologies: Sikh Gurus (100 , 100 ) (Explorers, Warchiefs and Monks have more 50% hitpoints and damage), Punjabi New Year (200 , 200 ) (Villagers and herdables gather 10% faster from buildings – Mill, Plantation, Rice Paddy, Farm, Shrine, Villages, Livestock Pen and Sacred Field), Army of the Pure (100 , 100 ) (Chakram have +4 range and line of sight)
- Maps: Deccan, Himalayas, Silk Road
Zen is a school of Buddhism that seems a form of enlightenment achieved by the Buddha, a title that began with the very first Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama, an Indian prince who abandoned his life of luxury to pursue an ascetic life. The goal of Zen is to eventually reach enlightenment through the Four Noble Truths: existence is suffering; desire is its cause; the cessation of suffering is possible; and the way to accomplish this is to follow the Eightfold Path.
- Units: Sohei (55 , 40 )
- Technologies: Meditation (350 , 350 ) (Delivers 1000 experience points), Master Lessons (150 , 150 ) (Hand infantry damage increased by 10%), Meritocracy (300 , 300 ) (Unit upgrades are 20% cheaper)
- Maps: Ceylon, Honshu, Silk Road, Yellow River